Swap mempo head to IK head a bad plan ?

Hello i just came up with the idéa to change heads with the lose of 9 attackspeed to gain the extra str that ik chest cant provide ?

My problem is to know how mutch damage is every attackspeed compared to str and how can i look this up ?.

As u can see i got a glascanon char atm that needs 2 peases of IK and vitality is planed to land on many diffrent parts gloves,and neck and bracers are some items that are constantly crafted to provide better stats.

My barb: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/taurus-2955/hero/1624107
    Taurus, you could look into some online DPS calculator, like D3UP.

Check your toon: http://d3up.com/b/546165

For each STR point you would gain 87 DPS, and for each AS 1913. But those things are intermingled, so you should simulate the change of your gear on the "Simulate Gear" tab.

Good luck!
    When you are using a WW build, most of your damage comes from Run like the Wind tornadoes, and there are attack speed breakpoints for these based on your attacks per second for each hand. In other words, sometimes adding a tiny bit of IAS will make a big difference and sometimes adding a lot will make no difference at all. You'll need to look up these breakpoints if you want to try to maximize IAS as they are different depending on your weapons' speeds (yours are 1.41 and 1.51 due to the EF) and you need to calculate separately for each hand if the weapons are not the same speed.
    ...and if you disagree with me, you're probably <insert random ad hominem attack here>.
    There is no static dps number for attack speed or any other stat. It all scales, so it changes depending on what you already have.
    Like Bribous said, use a tool like d3up, or any other like d3rawr.

A max rolled IK helm with resists (200str;6crit;+resists) would be about a 5k decrease for you. A max rolled dps IK helm (300str;6crit) would be about +3.5k but you lose 72 resists.

Not sure where you want to make up for the lost AS, or if you want it back. Losing AS from helm would result in losing a tick of RLTW with WotB active.
    Sitting on work atm so have a bit hard to look this up. But my biggest issue is that i like my chest i crafted and i came up with the idéa
    to maby maby get the 60 allress bonus, a dps bost and vitality bost with geting new gloves and head. Its just a dream i supose, when mempo is told being bis all other heads sucks :(
    I run an IK helm and so do a lot of other people -- mine is paired with IK gloves and Tyreal's Might. Mempos are overrated for the price, in my opinion. That being said, if you do want to maximize IAS breakpoints (not super important, but if you're debating attack speed vs. strength, it matters), you may need to pick up a little bit somewhere else or you might be able to drop some if you are ok with the lower breakpoint, such as by making up the difference with extra strength.
    ...and if you disagree with me, you're probably <insert random ad hominem attack here>.
    Quote from Runningwildd

maby get the 60 allress bonus, a dps bost and vitality bost with geting new gloves and head. Its just a dream i supose, when mempo is told being bis all other heads sucks :(

You cannot get extra resits, dps and vit from IK helm+gloves. In your case, you would have to choose 2. Here's why:

*If you want extra resists, you would need all res on helm or gloves - but then you can't get trifecta gloves or more than 200 str helm.
    *If you want Vit, you can't have resists on helm or trifecta gloves
    *If you want a dps boost you need trifecta gloves and very high rolls on helm.

Max dps increase you can achieve (without losing resists) is somewhere around 7k with max rolls, which is extremely improbable to even find + it costs extreme amounts of gold.
    Max resists without losing dps is +68.
    Max HP is +100vit and +1% life

Lacunis with 70+ str 9IAS and 6CC would give you the same dps boost + a new breakpoint on 1 weapon, but an EHP loss if they aren't awesome. Awesome (very expensive) Lacunis could give you a dps AND vit boost while keeping resists. You'd lose armor though.

Don't just look at the dps number though, that doesn't do any good, especially not unbuffed. Take breakpoints and survival into consideration. There are other options in your gearing progression.
    I get the feeling that you do to some extent know what you're looking for but you're doing your shopping by impulse rather than following preset guidelines. You want to land on about 440 resistance, 42k health and 10 melee reduction before you start maximizing for output. Skipping sets and spreading defensive stats everywhere is the more expensive approach.

I've done plenty of rants about this before, but someone who prioritizes attack speed over crit multipliers, avg dmg or strength will always do less damage than someone that doesn't. Understanding what breakpoints are is fine and letting them alter your choice between 8 or 9 attack speed on for example inna's pants or a witching hour is also fine, but picking items solely to get more isn't smart.

If you don't have anything realistic to upgrade for less than a billion then picking up a crit mempo is fine. Working your way up to it before fixing your weapons or jewelry is like tanis said, unnecessary. An IK helm offers a setbonus, basically the same stats with more crit for 1/15th of the price.
    Alright my plan is like this: I have 300 000 000 gold only and sense mempo cost 2.000.000.000 i will upgrade that last.
    So i need to work on IK CHEST & IK GLOVES. 270+ vit on chest is main prio and il work on ik gloves with vit or allress.

I realy need this badass defens items so i can work with damage after its finish.

Is there no "for-all-barb-attack-speed-on-gear-cap-to-tell" ?
    For exampel head 9, gloves 9, belt 9, bracer/gloves 9. Say 36 on gear attackspeed is the cap for tornado spec. So u can have a lazychecklist to get what u need. What i realy whant is just an answer that says breakpoints for "U" are not rocket sience.
    Quote from Runningwildd

Is there no "for-all-barb-attack-speed-on-gear-cap-to-tell" ?
    For exampel head 9, gloves 9, belt 9, bracer/gloves 9. Say 36 on gear attackspeed is the cap for tornado spec. So u can have a lazychecklist to get what u need. What i realy whant is just an answer that says breakpoints for "U" are not rocket sience.

Weapon type choices make a difference in attack speed too. I explained the mentality you should buy items with and that breakpoints should be the least of your worries. If you want to further expand then study the various simulation websites for further information or leave it be.

Asking for hints and a second opinion on forums is great, but wanting someone else to make choices for you without you even understanding what's going on will just make your gaming experience worse.
    Yes that was an exampel, i know wepons speed make a difference in attack speed too.

Not asking someone to do it for me, i was asking if there was a good list, that was telling some caps.
    Besides i taken all what u and others written in concern of gearchoise, then its up to me and do it well with the money and crafts.
    Quote from Runningwildd

Not asking someone to do it for me, i was asking if there was a good list, that was telling some caps.

Sure there is. Nubtro wrote it down long time ago, i'm sure you'd find it easily, but here, i'll do it for you ;) :

http://www.diablofan...ency-mechanics/
    Thx Cantor ! Will look it up after work.
    Can't beat a high quality Andariels ***For the price***, CC, AS, 200+STR + Vit, just look for low fire dmg.

edit***
    The price was just the right argument ;-)
    Quote from TheSeanis

Can't beat a high quality Andariels ***For the price***, CC, AS, 200+STR + Vit, just look for low fire dmg.

edit***

Yes alot people undervalue Andariels due to the added dmg. But if you have a good setup you can save a lot of money. When i do Budget barbs i often end up with using an Andariels because it is so cheap and boost you DPS alot. Its just a really offensive item compared to a Mempo that combines defensive and offensive stats.
    hmmm wonder if i should do this as well
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes