Need some help and sugestions

So I am comming back after a long Hiatus and have been lucky enough to be picking up some ok itemes as I go. Here is a link so you can see what I am working with.

http://us.battle.net...55/hero/1404968

As you can see in my link I am not the most well geared barb and I was hoping for advice on how to get there. I don't have the gold to do so (only just over 1mil) so If people want to help out with other advice such as where to be farming (recently doing Golm and Seigbreaker runs) and what to be aiming for would be great. I see some barbs with quartr mil damage and I am just envious.

Any help would be apreciated.
    Since you're creating this thread I'm guessing you're going for efficiency > fun, so my suggestions would be: Do alkaizer runs for xp and loot and check the AH for price steals between runs. Don't do boss runs. That stopped being the most efficient many patches ago.

Personally I would just play the game and play how you like it. If you rush too much you will get bored and blame the game for being too repetitive, while in the end it's your own fault. Believing that D3 is a competitive game, where you need to be as good as everyone else or better, only leads to ragequiting and playing a different game.
    Thanks for that reply. I will look into that run. I am actually going for a mix of efficency and fun I dont need to grind for hours on end but I do want to feel rewarded for what I do do. When I had 2 archon recipies plus a legendary drop on me last I felt rewarded. ^_^

However that competitive nature does get me from time to time. I don't have to be perfectly Min/Maxed but I would love to know if I am on the right track for gearing up reguardless I mean I see such high damage outputs; is it just the Gold I don't have yet combined with poor luck with drops?
    Considering your low funds, i must say you are doing a great job gearing your character. Your defenses are right on track for this gear level. Clearly, you understand the importance of EHP. Crit chance is there too, which makes the build work, so now you jsut need to increase your dps, maybe gain a few thousand HP and some lifesteal once your dps rises.
    Quote from DocSun

However that competitive nature does get me from time to time. I don't have to be perfectly Min/Maxed but I would love to know if I am on the right track for gearing up reguardless I mean I see such high damage outputs; is it just the Gold I don't have yet combined with poor luck with drops?

Give it time and eventually you will see some high money items. I also came back after a long break and had awful gear. From paragon levels 1-30 I never had an item sell for more than 2 million gold, and suddenly things changed. I suppose I should attribute it partly to higher MF, but in the same day I found 3 items valued for 150 million + each. I equipped 2 of them, sold the other, updated my gear and gained about 60K dps plus a couple hundred thousand EHP.

Be patient, enjoy the game, earn some paragon levels and the good drops will come.
    Quote from Turtel

Considering your low funds, i must say you are doing a great job gearing your character. Your defenses are right on track for this gear level. Clearly, you understand the importance of EHP. Crit chance is there too, which makes the build work, so now you jsut need to increase your dps, maybe gain a few thousand HP and some lifesteal once your dps rises.

Thank you, its not easy to work with low funds, a little bit of good luck helps too. Honestly though I have only a small understanding of EHP but I get the idea behind it. Really it's what should I be looking for next? Or really which piece should I replace next and with what?
    Quote from DocSun

Really it's what should I be looking for next? Or really which piece should I replace next and with what?

It's hard to say. Simply get whatever you will find for a good price, but i'll try to give a few pointers.
    Eventually you will want some IK pieces. For start, i think boots are excellent for what they cost (atleast on EU). You would gain 90-100 str and keep the same defenses. The random roll can be +armor, physical/fire resist or maybe pickip radius. You could make a 2 set with belt for extra 60 resistances. You can get a cheap one with 190-199 STR and a random roll of your choice. The gain here would be Lifesteal, which will start showing its potential as you gain more dps. These 2 IK pieces are great budget items.

Other than that, simply start adding Strength on pieces which don't have it (chest/pants) or increasing it in general. As you gain funds, you will be able to add even more stats, such as attack speed on ring, crit damage on amulet. Maybe you'll get lucky with crafting a nice hellfire ring or the new amulet.

Obviously, the biggest upgrades are always weapons, also most costly. Aim for a socket + crit dmg atleast on 1 of them. Btw, str on weapon can trumph a weapon with higher dps and no str.

One more budget item i love, is the Litany of Undaunted. Hybrid dps/defense legendary, with reduction to dmg from elites. When i purchased this ring, i was able to drop defenses on a different item and get a dps upgrade far cheaper.

Try to plan out your character, think a step ahead. For instance, keep in mind that you will want another item with movement speed.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes