Change to HotA style, need some advice

Right now I'm a bit bored with just farming low MPs for XP an I have some friends which I would like to pull through some keyfarming and uber boss runs. So just bought a cheap skorn and went HotA to try it out. And I quite like it!

I fell comfortable alone on MP7 but I die a bit too much on MP8. I think my dmg would be fine for MP8 maybe even MP9.

heres my toon: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/benane-2404/hero/3747560

my questions are:

where do i get more survivability?

any improvements on the build?

budget right now is about 25 mil.

I looked for items with reduced hota cost, but they were just silly expensive =/
    My gear is pretty similar to yours apart from I use 2 x 1 handers and have a few more resists.
    You could try swapping impunity for hardened wrath and see how it goes. Other than that maybe replace gloves or bracers to get more resists?
    Some ice climbers are going to give you a big damage boost if you can lose the movement speed and get it back elsewhere.
    This is my first post on here so I apologize if there is a particular format or anything posts should be.

I use HotA a lot and enjoy it but I really discourage -HotA gear mainly because you can get it to the point of generating fury for you without it and it becomes a waste of money. If your CC is high enough and AIS is high enough you will reach the point of 20 fury gen with just Battlerage and 25 fury gen with Battlerage and WotB therefore reseting your clock on the WotB constantly. Skorn is a nice DPS boost but I really doubt you will reach that point with it. I used d3up to theorize my equipment prior to bidding or buying it out and came up with actual numbers I needed to get to those points.

Of course I use it in conjunction with the WW build but it is not dependant on the nados to maintain fury gen. I also would recommend d3rawr to figure out the breakpoints for HotA to ensure you are hitting your max damage possible. Once again, please do not invest in the -HotA gear, that gold could be better spent for more DPS and more EHP while scaling your HotA and other DPS attacks across the board.
    My toon is at: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/ThePlow-1851/hero/3388568
    I am in pretty similar situation, and i think that any insignificant upgrade will not change it, even for 25m: you need hundreds millions with current prices to jump on 'next level'.
    I can suggest you thunderstrike rune with HotA for keyruns - i am farming mp8 keys without deaths with it. Also am using berserker with +100% damage buff to nuke elites with annoying affixes faster.
    You could try the Frenzy rune that gives you HP back. Are you getting one-hit or is it a gradual thing that your Bloodthirst, War cry, and Life steal can't cope with?

Considering how cheap they are, you need to switch your belt out to one that does frenzy damage. Vile Wards should be a cheap upgrade for your shoulders too.
    Quote from JKlimek

Vile Wards should be a cheap upgrade for your shoulders too.

Vile Ward? For what reason would you want to pay triple for a legendary? If you need to upgrade shoulder, jsut buy a better rare, they are really cheap for how good they are.
    Quote from greg1174

This is my first post on here so I apologize if there is a particular format or anything posts should be.

I use HotA a lot and enjoy it but I really discourage -HotA gear mainly because you can get it to the point of generating fury for you without it and it becomes a waste of money. If your CC is high enough and AIS is high enough you will reach the point of 20 fury gen with just Battlerage and 25 fury gen with Battlerage and WotB therefore reseting your clock on the WotB constantly. Skorn is a nice DPS boost but I really doubt you will reach that point with it. I used d3up to theorize my equipment prior to bidding or buying it out and came up with actual numbers I needed to get to those points.

Of course I use it in conjunction with the WW build but it is not dependant on the nados to maintain fury gen. I also would recommend d3rawr to figure out the breakpoints for HotA to ensure you are hitting your max damage possible. Once again, please do not invest in the -HotA gear, that gold could be better spent for more DPS and more EHP while scaling your HotA and other DPS attacks across the board.

As far as I know the only ways to make it so Hota spamming keeps you at max fury are using animosity passive + IK 5 piece, or having -hota gear. Considering the fact that SOJ is the best ring for damage, having one with - Hota cost is a pretty big deal.
    As for OP, I would say drop bloodthirst for tough as nails to improve survivability. You don't need the life steal since you have rend + life steal on belt it's more than enough. Other than that you are pretty much exactly as geared as I was when I first started doing MP10 key runs, so you should be ok as long as you keep rend going on everything.
    Quote from Turtel

Quote from JKlimek

Vile Ward? For what reason would you want to pay triple for a legendary? If you need to upgrade shoulder, jsut buy a better rare, they are really cheap for how good they are.

The armor and life per second are usually what separates vile's from rares. A good rare will usually have strength, vit, and all resists but usually will lack armor and life/sec.
    Quote from RasAlgethi24

Quote from Turtel

Quote from JKlimek

The armor and life per second are usually what separates vile's from rares. A good rare will usually have strength, vit, and all resists but usually will lack armor and life/sec.

Okay. Yes it's true, that since VW rolls those stats as base and with pretty high values, it's quite appealing, For me that still doesn't justify spending triple amount of gold for a legendary that has no special stats. Rares can roll the same armor, regen or any of the others AND that rare has a potential to be better than a VW in every way - you just have to search for it on separate occasions :) . I don't know... VW it's just not worth my gold i guess (and OP had a 25m budget). It feels like paying for only the color/skin.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes