1.0.7 Barb BiS setups

I've cut the BiS section out of 1.0.6 barb guide found here and improved + updated it to 1.0.7.

The links and the whole thread currently not working/wrong info

Balanced BiS dual wield setup with a LS axe MH:
    http://d3up.com/b/489075#gear

822,182.88 Damage per Second
    1,490,751.31 Effective Hit Points

3% LS

-with a LS mace: -9,805.65 DPS
    -with a LS sword: +5,794.74 DPS (-10% crit chance)

Glass cannon dual wield setup:
    http://d3up.com/b/298963/view/slug/1-0-7-barb-glass-cannon

896,321.07 Damage per Second
    1,270,372.38 Effective Hit Points
    0 LS

-with Tyrael's Might: -27,756.49 DPS -301,851.83 EHP ; 998,849.26 DPS vs demons +4% vs Elites

LS Skorn setup
    http://d3up.com/b/29...-0-7-barb-skorn

678,481.59 Damage per Second
    1,486,603.58 Effective Hit Points
    6% LS

- with a STR/VIT Skorn : +40,244.9 DPS +242,523.23 EHP -6% LS
    - with an AS Skorn: +74,208.92 DPS +0 EHP -6% LS

-all sets have 24% MS, Paragon lvl 100 and include Ruthless + Weapon Master passives. No buffs.

Some items have the Ignores durability loss affix. This is a placeholder affix, which can be changed to several things. There simply isn't a best stat in that place. Here are a few possiblities:

+armor
    +physical resistance
    +pickup radius
    +bonus to globes/potions
    +reduced damage from melee/ranged (bracer only)

Armor would increase EHP values, so all the green numbers in this post will be higher when its chosen.

All setups include crafted items (if the numbers on crafts will change on PTR or when they hit live, i will update)
    Difference between crafted items and regular drops is following.

Crafted BiS vs. BiS drops:
    Amulet +30 str
    Shoulder +30 str
    Chest +130 str
    Gloves +130 str

Crafted bracer vs. BiS lacuni with AR (only dps stats)
    +230 str
    -9% AS

Glass cannon Lacuni is still BiS

-i'm having a little trouble with WT setup, so i'll add that later, possibly with others
    I wonder why you'd choose an axe (1.3 speed) over a mace (1.2 speed) for your mainhand. Both offer 10% crit via weapon master, but slower weapon -> higher base damage. Or do you get another tornado tick out of this, making up for it?

And for the last stat on some of the rares: dex should be an option as well, increasing effective health via dodge up until 500ish it's a huge gain for low investment.
    Quote from ballon

I wonder why you'd choose an axe (1.3 speed) over a mace (1.2 speed) for your mainhand. Both offer 10% crit via weapon master, but slower weapon -> higher base damage. Or do you get another tornado tick out of this, making up for it?

And for the last stat on some of the rares: dex should be an option as well, increasing effective health via dodge up until 500ish it's a huge gain for low investment.

I chose axe because it's dps is in the middle (mace lower, sword higher) and it provides crit chance for fury gains over a sword. The setup is not for WW, just a dual wield barb in general and it seemed to me axe is a well rounded weapon with its base dmg and APS. You're right though - i forgot to add mace comparison. Fixed.
    I think i will look into WW one day and figure out the best tDPS.

I didn't add dex because it has close to exactly same EHP increase as armor, just 1k lower (55-56k) and i did try to sound like i'm not listing all options :)
    Low investement... doesn't play any role in here, it's all about maxing out, but yes - Dex is also an option of course.
    I remembered that BiS glass cannon boots would be Legacy Zunimassa, but since they can't drop anymore i won't include them directly. They don't have to have max rolls to outdps Climbers though, so they can be still found on the AH.
    the url is broken or something items dont show on site anymore
    I can't believe I missed this thread :P

Those stats are pretty insane. And to think not a single player (not even the top end 3k+ hours streamers with 40 bil+ gear) are even remotely close to say, 80-90% power efficiency. Well, maybe a trillion-gold botter is, but then again they're probably not playing "fair".

Btw @towelli, the items are showing (if you hover over them you can see the stats on them), but you're right in the sense that overall build is weird: no EHP or DPS previews (as it normally shows), and the item boxes are huge for some reason.

I'm not a big d3up user, so I wouldn't know if it's working properly or not, though.
    o wait still works yay :) (ye just the boxes are huge now)
    yes the UI is broken for some reason (it was ok a week or 2 ago), ill look into it

Sorry i can't fix the existing profiles and can't create new ones either... not sure what the problem is all of a sudden.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes