Cant stay in WOTB

As the topic describes..I find it hard to keep a good uptime with Wrath Of the Beserker.
    I played with a mighty weapon before and it was no problem, but I was given advice that it is also possible w/o one.

Here is a link to my hero:

http://eu.battle.net...48/hero/1967247

are passives like unforgiving or animosity a must have with my gear?
    if anyone has a advice please help me :)
    what MP do you play at ? Reason im asking is I had a similar issue playing at mp0 Shifted up to mp1-2 and WOTB has longer up time without and really noticeable drop in farming speed.
    Are you finding yourself at max rage often? if so, burn off excess by spamming sprint/battle rage

You can also swap from Instigation to Overpower- Crushing Advance if you play below mp7. The extra burst damage is nice, and with good enough crit, you can basically keep it up 95% of the time.

I farm at mp3-6, and I have no issue keeping WOTB up unless mob density is bad.
    Why don't they make it so that fury gains at max fury still count towards Thrive on chaos? Why do I have to spam skills that do nothing (spamming battle rage and sprint does nothing except spend fury)?
    Seriously.

Why don't they make it so that fury gains at max fury still count towards Thrive on chaos? Why do I have to spam skills that do nothing (spamming battle rage and sprint does nothing except spend fury)?
    Seriously.

Srsly worst idea ever. In terms of speed a barb outfarms any given class by far. And its funny that a barb with a 50mil budget can easily farm like mp4/5 without any trouble at all. So why make it even easier? Im kinda sure blizzard is going to nerf barbs on some point in some ways.
    Words of wisdom: Don't follow the advice of people who won't have to deal with the consequences.

Seriously.

Srsly worst idea ever. In terms of speed a barb outfarms any given class by far. And its funny that a barb with a 50mil budget can easily farm like mp4/5 without any trouble at all. So why make it even easier? Im kinda sure blizzard is going to nerf barbs on some point in some ways.

What? People are already circumventing that by spamming useless skills. What exactly would change if what I proposed was put in place?

Seriously.

What? People are already circumventing that by spamming useless skills. What exactly would change if what I proposed was put in place?

I think a lot of people see that Fury management as one of the few "skills" necessary to make the build work.

It's easy to overextend and use all your fury when you don't have enough enemies being hit by Tornadoes, and it's just as easy to not spend enough Fury and don't get the WotB uptime.

When I used the WW build (for very little time), I found it somewhat difficult keeping track of mob density, dangerous mobs/affixes (fire chains, wasp shots, arcane beams), all while watching your Health, Fury and WotB duration. That's probably trivial if you're overgeared for the content, but I find it quite difficult if you're on your limit.
    Exactly! Fury management is all whats left for ww barbs.
    Words of wisdom: Don't follow the advice of people who won't have to deal with the consequences.

When I used the WW build (for very little time), I found it somewhat difficult keeping track of mob density, dangerous mobs/affixes (fire chains, wasp shots, arcane beams), all while watching your Health, Fury and WotB duration. That's probably trivial if you're overgeared for the content, but I find it quite difficult if you're on your limit.

If you're at your limit then turn MP down a tad?
    It was back when there was no MP ;) I think I would be able to deal with MP 4-5 with my current gear nowadays (my Barb became a Throw Barb instead).

But the point was to say the Fury management of the build was the biggest skill-gap between players, and that I kinda like skill gaps :D
    It's just like Zero said. It's one of the few things left WW barbs need to focus on.
    Removing half of that (need to manage low fury would still remain), would be just dumbing it down even further, which is definitely not needed. I guess its a matter of taste as well. Some ppl just don't like. I personally like it very much, heck i'd want even more buttons to press often (as long as there's meaning behind it). Maybe that's just me, but i prefer either a lot of different buttons to press in a game (choices) or if there's only a few, then either they should need perfect timing or to be spammed atleast, not to fall asleep.

Anyway, to answer the OP:

Did you read some guides before asking here? Many WW guides out there explain all about keeping up WotB.
    Since you are saying you had no problems before with a mighty weapon, I'm going to assume spending fury is not a problem, generation is.

Here's how you can increase fury gen without a mighty weapon:

-more crit chance
    -OP : Killing Spree or Momentum
    -Animosity
    -Unforgiving
    -IK 5set
    -APS breakpoints

Also, havign Boon of Bul'Kathos helps with WotB uptime - it's a very good choice actually.

Looking at your gear, i can tell you won't be getting IK5 set anymore so that one is out. I can also see that you like to use the Witching Hour, therefor you need the passive slot for Bloodthirst, so unless you get more LS on gear, all passives are out.

That leaves you with crit chance + APS breakpoints and OP. I'd very much advice you to increase your crit. Try to reach 50%.
    Also try out Killing Spree, its pretty awesome.

Lastly, you can simply increase your MP and check out if it turns out to be efficient. Mobs dying slower actually gives you more fury, because the tornados tick more times before they die (more chance for crits and procs). Higher APS/RLTW breakpoints also play an important role here (faster tornados mean more frequent crits and procs).

edit: I forgot to add that some playstyle techniques might help in certain situations, like low mob density areas. You'll find answers on these forums, your questions have been asked countless times.
    thanks for all your help guys!
    I invested a bit of gold yesterday to improve my gear and it wotb uptime is not that much of a problem anymore...(HP and AR is my main concern now...)
    I ended up with investing more in crit and attackspeed and it works quite well..

now if anyone has a good advice how to improve my EHP with the least goldinvestment(and or losing to much dmg) i would much appreciate
    Wow, seriously, people are happy spamming skills that do absolutely nothing, just to feel 'superior'?
    Just goes to show....

Wow, seriously, people are happy spamming skills that do absolutely nothing, just to feel 'superior'?
    Just goes to show....

It has nothing to do with feeling superior. What does it 'show' when you make such conclusions ?
    Also, they don't do nothing.... they increase WotB dura. There's a difference between mindless spamming and controlled spamming with a reason.

You sound like you would be happy with WW barb if all you had to do is hold down right click and press sprint every 3 secs. That's your choice or preference, in my opinion that's utterly boring. Maybe you don't even play that build and that's fine, but no need to talk down people that like it. You already expressed your dislikes on the matter earlier and i thought that was enough for us to understand your view.

edit: Oh and this comes from a guy who doesn't like WW build very much, just so we're clear. What i do like is how Thrive on Chaos works. I mentioned WW cause that's what OP plays.
    Its not really possible that easy. You need crazy CC to have a 100% uptime.
    Mighty weapon is your friend :=)
    Currently played toon:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rage-2973/hero/28310

Profit:
    Flipping/Sniping: 6577€

Just goes to show....

It has nothing to do with feeling superior. What does it 'show' when you make such conclusions ?
    Also, they don't do nothing.... they increase WotB dura. There's a difference between mindless spamming and controlled spamming with a reason.

You sound like you would be happy with WW barb if all you had to do is hold down right click and press sprint every 3 secs. That's your choice or preference, in my opinion that's utterly boring. Maybe you don't even play that build and that's fine, but no need to talk down people that like it. You already expressed your dislikes on the matter earlier and i thought that was enough for us to understand your view.

edit: Oh and this comes from a guy who doesn't like WW build very much, just so we're clear. What i do like is how Thrive on Chaos works. I mentioned WW cause that's what OP plays.

You're right, I don't even use WW barb (or Thrive on chaos), anyway, and have never used it (except to try it out), so your point is moot.

Also, I was not talking down on anyone. I meant it as "different stroke to different folks". I don't get what's interesting about spamming something that does absolutely nothing except spend fury (what you call "increase WotB dura" I call "spend fury", because that's what it is).

Also, I was not talking down on anyone. I meant it as "different stroke to different folks". I don't get what's interesting about spamming something that does absolutely nothing except spend fury (what you call "increase WotB dura" I call "spend fury", because that's what it is).

Okay, well i guess it was just the way it sounded. Nevermind it.

Yes, its spending fury, but that increases WotB duration. Come on, don't be a jester.
    I could explain exactly what is interesting about it, but i get the feeling its not worth your reply.

If you don't like it, don't use it and don't get it, then why keep commenting on it? I don't mean you shouldn't express yourself, but you know... forget it and have fun with your builds that make sense to you.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes