Desperately need help,about to quit the game due to lack of knowledge

I tried on diablo forums,no one answered,i asked for in-gold paid advices,no one answered,so you are my last chance to get some gear help,cause i dont know what to buy and i'd like to hit the 190k-200k dmg mark if possible (i heard someone managed to do so with a 500m budget so...) and/or farm mp5 efficiently (like 12-15m per run) before the 1.0.7 patch hits.Is that possible?

417 milions budget for upgrades,i also have in my stash (if needed):

-Ice climbers 190 strenght 10% life (no movement of course)
    -Witching hour 9% attack speed 46% crit
    -Sword no socket 1143 dps 50% crit damage e 2.80 lifesteal.
    This is my profile,couldnt link that cause i needed to do one post first:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/it/profile/S...7/hero/4818007
    Your link is broken - somehow it got "..." in it.

I can say, that such numbes are very easy to hit with Skorn and your budget, but this build may not be very efficent.

Not sure about 1h builds - good one-handers cost alot now, since dw-hota/shield-hota and 2ww builds are very popular now. And it must have a socket.
    http://eu.battle.net...17/hero/4818007 works now?
    Yea by 200k dps i mean dual wield dps not skorn.I think i can get to that amount with my budget since i already have some (decent) equip and 417 m is not intended for FULL set,just a few upgrades.I'm so afraid to go in the wrong direction since my budget required months and months of farming.
    You need to boost your crit chance and crit damage alot.
    Get a pair of Lacunis with CHC. Use your witching hour.
    I myself ran with 5 set Immortal King for long but cut that.
    Get a nice pair of gloves with IAS, CHD and CHC and use you Ice Climbers or get ones with run speed if you want that.
    And with your budget, find a weapon with a socket to get double emeralds in your weapons, and go for 100%. Preferably a EF to get the extra attacks/second.
    You have a long way to go to get to 200k but with that budget it should not be that big a problem i think.

I got 152k with dual wield and no money, what can you do with a 100k and 400mil budget?

Good luck m8!
    If you're unsure about gearing, you should read a couple of good guides to collect information from multiple sources.
    You can check my barb, maybe it will give you a few ideas (191k dps atm - total cost ~650m, but many items purchased months ago so should be cheaper now)

First off, your biggest dps boost will be weapons.
    Get an offhand with STR, 80% CHD a socket (use 100% emerald) and LS. You won't be needing LoH on it anymore.
    For MH try to get as high dps as possible, with STR and socket. If possible also with any CHD, else just really high STR. This can be Echoing Fury, which would boost your dps by a lot more, but the fears are really annoying in WW build so think about it.

You should stick with IK belt for now, you need the LS. You could simply snipe some nice 250-260 STR version.
    If you dont mind losing 5set, i'd invest in gloves with STR, AR, 8%AS, 8.5+%CHC and some CHD.

After that just upgrade whatever you can. Rings could be better. If your 5set is broken you could just get boots with higher STR. Increasing your CHC would be great whereever you can. Lacunis with crit would be neat, but you won't find them for a good price without sacrificing AR/STR.

Honestly though, i don't see your point of reaching 200k dps. It's important to understand what stats and gear combinations are good, spend gold wisely and simply roll with the dps you achieve. Don't neglect your defenses if you want to farm higher MP. A bit more HP would be great and maybe an extra item with AR.
    Paper dps is a lot less important that you might think.
    Cannot be that hard.. Lookbat my barb, i made him frombtrash eq which is notbworth selling and i think he isblike 150k dmg
    Quote from Turtel

If you're unsure about gearing, you should read a couple of good guides to collect information from multiple sources.
    You can check my barb, maybe it will give you a few ideas (191k dps atm - total cost ~650m, but many items purchased months ago so should be cheaper now)

First off, your biggest dps boost will be weapons.
    Get an offhand with STR, 80% CHD a socket (use 100% emerald) and LS. You won't be needing LoH on it anymore.
    For MH try to get as high dps as possible, with STR and socket. If possible also with any CHD, else just really high STR. This can be Echoing Fury, which would boost your dps by a lot more, but the fears are really annoying in WW build so think about it.

You should stick with IK belt for now, you need the LS. You could simply snipe some nice 250-260 STR version.
    If you dont mind losing 5set, i'd invest in gloves with STR, AR, 8%AS, 8.5+%CHC and some CHD.

After that just upgrade whatever you can. Rings could be better. If your 5set is broken you could just get boots with higher STR. Increasing your CHC would be great whereever you can. Lacunis with crit would be neat, but you won't find them for a good price without sacrificing AR/STR.

Honestly though, i don't see your point of reaching 200k dps. It's important to understand what stats and gear combinations are good, spend gold wisely and simply roll with the dps you achieve. Don't neglect your defenses if you want to farm higher MP. A bit more HP would be great and maybe an extra item with AR.
    Paper dps is a lot less important that you might think.

Ok some points i wanna share with you to make it easier to help me:

-I wanna slowly progress while keeping my magic find capped,so lacunis and gloves will be the last pieces i will upgrade (when i reach about level 85,which is not really a problem if i get the rest of the gear and change them later).

-Shoulders: i think my vile ward is fine,i also have a 180 str 180 vit 34 all resist shoulders but i think it's not worth the all res/armor loss.

-Weapons: i can skip all the rest and buy a top echoing fury with 11k dps 50% crit str and a socket,but i think it's not wise since it would cost 450m alone.Shall i skip lifesteal on weapons and just rock the 3% from ik belt+passive?What kind of weapon combinations should i get?Mace+sword?Shall i sell my dagger?What will happen to my atk speed then?Will i be able to keep wotb on mp2-3?

-Gloves/Bracers: i'm keeping what i have as stated before for the moment.I'll think about it later.

-Pants: High vit innas maybe?But i would lose 70 all res (sitting on 550 now).

-Belt: i'm really unsure about keeping the full ik set or switching to glass cannon gear (innas,ice climbers that i already have,wh) cause i'm afraid i wont be able to keep wotb anymore on lower mps.Please give me suggestions.

-Amulet: i dont think i can get a better amulet than i have without spending all my budget,i guess it's my best piece atm,dont you think?

-Rings: I know i need upgrades,but i cant farm keys without a better equipment,and doing ubers not mp9-10 it's a complete waste of time imo.As for the other ring,i have a trifecta one in my stash (7% ias 3.5 % crit avg dmg 25% crit dmg) but i changed cause i needed that 6% crit for wotb issues.Shall i invest most on my budget in getting a sick ring?

-Helm: Godlike ik or crappy crit mempo?That's the question,once again,full set vs better equipment.

-Boots: Shall i use my ice climbers?Or sell them and get better ones?Ofc i would have to use innas for max movement speed then,and so lose 70 all res and some vitality (not so healthy since i would lose another 70 from switching to wh from ik belt AND other vit).

-Chest: I think my ik is fine.Or...well..other gear pieces need harder upgrades.

I'd really like having moldran to flip some items for me now XD
    Okay got it :)

i'll try to answer some of your questions first and then sum up the gearing.

- Okay, yes. I was doing the same when leveling paragon - keeping MF maxed or closed to it, then replacing those items last. Just too bad its on gloves.

-Shoulder: Yeah your Vile Ward is fine. but that's it. Its not that great item honestly. Let me explain - I've said this many times to different ppl on these forums and i'll repeat: Vile Ward is not a good shoulder for barbs with limited funds. Its the best shoulder for all other classes, but not barbs. Any rare shoulder can roll 300 STR and VW cannot roll more. It has no special stats - any of the stats VW rolls, a rare can. When you buy a Vile Ward you pay for the looks and orange icon. ilvl 63 yellow shoulder is BiS with max rolls, you can check it out in my BiS list on the bottom of my guide

If you are not familiar with max rolls of items, maybe this link will help you in the future :) http://www.d3rmt.com...maximum-values/

So now that you know this, you can compare. A rare shoulder with the stats your VW has, costs about 15mil on AH, while a VW is over 50 or 60mil. For example just yesterday i saw a rare shoulder with 293 str/80vit/40+phys res/76AR/6pickup for 100mil bid. Easy to win such items. VW with those stats was about 600mil

-Weapons: Yeah first of all you need to decide if you even want an EF in MH or not. If yes, you could get something like i have - costed 130mil. The +APS will make the difference even without CHD on it. Otherwise in OH it doesn't fear that often and it doesn't need that high dps there, so it could be affordable, but 2 yellow weapons are perfectly fine (mace/axe MH and sword/dagger OH)

When it comes to Lifesteal, you should really keep more than 5%. Preferably 6% and yes, you could use bloodthirst with 1 item , but it would become a mandatory passive (cause of RD packs). I've tested between 3 to 10.5% LS and my conclusion was to keep LS on 2 items (till i get higher dps atleast) and have Boon or Animosity available for low MPs and Bloodthirst for mp10 ubers etc. I prefer 1 weapon + belt.
    Weapon combinations can vary, but usually its mace/axe in MH for the 10% CHC and a fast weapon in OH so yeah sword/dagger/EF.
    You should definetly sell your current dagger and upgrade to 80% CHD+socket+STR. Also, if you get that LS we talked about, you can drop LoH. Doesn't matter on which weapon will the LS be, i prefer it on OH so that i can afford a higher dps MH. (i said these things in my 1st post actually) If you will lose some AS, you can pick it back up on other items (gloves in the future), but the extra crit dmg alone is ~20k dps boost.
    You should have no troubles keeping up WotB, especially on higher MPs, thats what you're aiming for anyway. You might have troubles on mp0-1 though.

Pants: I'd say no for now. Good Inna's with high str and vit costs a fortune and you lose too much defensives. Your HP is low as is. More on this later.

Belt: Full IK set is not needed at all, for MPs higher than 1. If you want to farm 1 or 0, you just equip your 5set + some mighty weapon ... you 1 shot mobs in that gear anyway so why go higher dps when it doesn't make the run faster?
    My opinion is don't go WH unless its amazing. It needs defenses too (vit or life and/or AR). Till you got a good onem stick with IK belt or Lamentation.

Amulet: Its a nice ammy, with no defenses, but that's fine for jewelry. However, later on, as your dps increases and you get more LS, you will not need LoH anymore, so you can actaully upgrade the amulet at that point. Again - check mine - lower than your dps but it gives me 9k hp as well and it only costed 19mil. so you can definetly upgrade yours.
    Okay, anyways...
    You need to settle on a plan of an almost complete set to aim for and then start buying.
    Here are some of the usual combinations barbs like to go for. they differ in prices greatly and so the choice is to either try to finish a whole set fast, or go more expensive and buy items slowly as you gain funds. (keep in my these sets i made just on the fly, they differ greatly from player to player or they might be merged or completely different - it's jsut to give u a picture)

1. IK 5 set with Lacunis; amulet with str/chc/chd; rings possibly Unity/Litany/Hellfire with chc. Weapons yellow or Bul'kathos. - great set for low MP farming.

2. IK 3 set (chest+belt+helm with AR); extra defensive stat on amulet; Lacunis (crit but no def OR str+ar but no crit); atleast 1 good ring with high str, as and chc. or a good Litany; gloves with str/ar/as/chd/chc; possibly a good EF. (overall high crit chance)

3. IK 2-3 set; Inna's + good crit Lacunis + Ice Climbers w/o MS; 2 Strong weapons with high CHD. High Vit on IK chest; possibly trifecta ring and some WH.

4: IK 2 set (chest + gloves); str/ar/crit lacunis, innas with 90+str/vit; climbers with Vit; crit Mempo; trifecta jewelry; high end EF and WH etc etc.

5: unnobtainable - BiS setup in my guide

Right now you can either buy a whole #2 and end up close to or at 200k dps; 550 resists/6k armor; 40k hp
    or you could start slowly buying stuff for #3 and be at 300k when its done with slightly better defenses.

As i said before - start with weapons because that crit dmg is now really important.

Oh and i know i keep repeating to check my barb, but that's because i think i'm jsut about where you are aiming to be and have the funds for. I dont die on mp10 ubers (can solo mp7 with 3 dead ppl) or any farming act and can do very efficient runs on lower MPs, you'd jsut need different weapons than me. edit: and yeah i still sometiems play WW so it's not just in my current build. Actually with WW everythign is even easier.
    Ok i'm taking in serious consideration what u said and based on that i'm doing a plan of what to buy and when (with an estimated budget).So here's my conclutions,correct me where i'm wrong:

Priority list (sorted by importance):

1-Off hand-Sword or EF 80% crit socket and str (estimated budget 150-200m) LIFE STEAL
    2-Main hand-Axe/Mace high dps 80% crit str (150m)
    3-IK helm with all resist and 6% crit/high str (dunno,50 m?)

so it takes me to about 100m

4-Ring trifecta?Atk speed+cc+all res? (about 50 m)
    5-Crit lacuni with strenght without res (since i got it on helm) (30m,i know cause i used to have a pair of those,but i flipped em for 6 m profit when i had no money)

The thing is i'm in a rly bad spot atm cause i cant keep on wotb at mp1 and i kill to slow at mp 2-3 so i need upgrades asap.
    Yeah man, sounds good to me. This way you can keep 5set a bit longer, till you get to the point higher MPs will go smooth and then you can drop the set (if you will want) for more dps and fury gen from other sources.

About the weapons:
    Daggers are great for OH so check those too.
    EF cannot have socket and chd and LS. only 2 of them.
    Here's what combinations you could do:
    1.rare MH [high dps +str+socket+any chd if affordable,if not try high str] +rare OH [fast with high chd+socket+str] /+LS on one of them
    2.rare MH [high dps+str+socket+LS] + EF [high CHD+socket]
    3.rare MH [high dps +str +socket+chd] +EF [LS+socket]

I don't think you can get a high dps MH with 80% CHD and socket for a good price, just get either any CHD that fits in budget or, go with socket and super high STR.

In other words, try to squeeze atleast 280% CHD from weapons (that includes 2x100% gem), but go as high as you can, while having LS and ~200-300 str.

Btw, you could get a cheap STR boost on your belt. 240-260 IK belts go for bargains nowadays (thats without Vit, if you want with, its gonna cost 4-6x more)

One more advise if i may - Don't buy(out) anything from AH that has a lower duration than 1d11h. If an item is sitting on Ah for hours or even over a day, that means thousands of players have already seen the item and went 'Meh... not worth the gold'
    Winning bids is a good idea, i've got many good deals that way.

You probably know that, but i'm only saying it, because you sound eager to buy your stuff ASAP :)
    Getting items for the correct price or simply finding the right items can take time.

Also, never trust 1 persons advice on a full set. Get a second opinion. I do guarantee though, that every sane person will tell you to get weapons.
    It's np to me to take my time to buy stuff,i made so many mistakes buying the wrong items i know how frustrating can the consequences be,so cause this is my biggest budget ever i will be super cautious and i dont know if i will ever be 100% sure a 150m weapon will be good enough for the price i paid and buy it out,but i guess it takes some balls to do it :/
    I never saw dagger with good dps/crit,and u know spending thousands of gold for a 500 dps weapon is...meh :/
    I'll save the ik belt upgrade for later,cause... magic find :P
    Ok seems like my main focus will be on weapons atm,when i get them i will post here and get other advices for the rest of the gear.So what are the stats i have to look for in my budget (150m-200m ea)?I guess for 150m you can get:

-Dps wise,around 1100,crit dmg 30-40%,socket (obviously an echoing fury with those stats costs like my whole budget).Is it worth going for attack speed on weapons?

-As the lifesteal off hand...i guess like 950 dps+crit 30%+socket?Seems i cant get past these stats for 150m.

I'd like to get a better look for price ranges compared to stat ranges so i'm sure i dont overpay anything.I'd like to spend 150m for a 150m weapon,not a single milion less.
    You dont need a high dps OH, since tornados benefit from MH only.

You can't find 950 OH with high stats cause some ppl actually use those for MH so yes they are expensive. Also, for that kind of dps the weapon usually needs 2 dmg affixes - elemental/physical dmg and %dmg, which leaves 2-4 affixes left for other stats.
    Weapons with no dmg% (only elemental/physical dmg) reach about 850 dps tops. It's around that dps that prices jump high. If you search for 800 dps you will find 70-90% crit dmg/socket/LS/STR for an affordable price.
    Remember the char sheet dps is not as important as eDPS.

Btw. you can use D3up.com to import your character and then simulate some items you are aiming for and see a comparison. You can also see eDPS in the skill section if you tick the ability boxes.
    Ok got the first weapon!Off hand:

Sword 882,7 dps 69 str 2.20 lifesteal 85% crit socket 27 milion buyout

I gave me more dps than this

Sword 805 dps 151 str 2.70 lifesteal 90% crit socket 60 milion buyout

But less than this

Sword 847 dps 125 str 2.20 lifesteal 7% attack speed (1.50) 92 crit socket but this was 180 milion buyout and gave me like 2k dps more.

That's 18k dps more than my previous offhand.

Did i get a good weapon?Am i learning? :D

EDIT: I'm sad cause i think i lost a pretty good deal: 250 str EF 0.23 attack/sec socket 100M,i was about to buy it but it was gone :(

EDIT 2: Bought the EF now! 1200 dps 0.25 +attacks 167 str.Low str but high dps,bought for 200 m

EDIT 3: Found 6% crit lacunis 50 phys res 29m

EDIT 4: Ik Helm 40% all res 5.5% crit 48m buyout

Tell me if i did smth wrong,i'll take a break now cause i dont want to do wrong purchases.136m left
    Yo my friends (and turtel my mentor XD) i'm still figuring out what to buy.I upgraded my weapons and got a 50k dmg boost with 200m and,by flipping some items,i got to 200 m again.So,within my current equip,what shall i upgrade next?I lack some defences by now and cant do ubers :/
    If you lack defenses, an easy fix is to swap dmg gems with vita gems, they're resellable and replaceable, just try swapping all your strength gems for +50 vita gems for starters. Remember, +50 vita isn't just +50 vita - with O.K. defenses and high vita your health bar will take much longer time to drop to zero.

Yes, your dmg will be lower on paper but if you have to be on the defensive and spend time trying to stay alive all the time, you're not doing much dmg either. When you can take so much dmg that you really don't have to think much about anything but doing tons of dmg, you're much more effective.
    - I know that my Redeemer liveth, and as the last man He shall stand forth upon the earth -
    - - -
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes