> 1 billion gear - need advice (WW)

Hey guys.

I was wondering if you guys could help me upgrade the gear I'm wearing atm. worth more than 1 bil.
    My former gear was one of the best full IK sets and was far better and cheaper than the gear I wear now, profile:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Conan-21725/
    What's the deal with those Lacuni? kinda lacking i'd say... Also, no str on inna's pants?

Yeah I should upgrade the lacunis. I prefered the all resistance over strength. Thanks!
    Gear like that and you haven't even completed Inferno...
    how do people find the strength to play through all the repetition lol
    Working with adobe and/or java is like pushing a paper clip against a building and expecting it to move...

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Final Fantasy 7
    Exactly why should I clear act IV inferno when all I need is act III? :-) Fis så af.
    Quote from ConanTheBarb

Exactly why should I clear act IV inferno when all I need is act III? :-) Fis så af.
    I think it's your attitude that needs improvement, not your gear.
    Quote from ConanTheBarb

Hey guys.

I was wondering if you guys could help me upgrade the gear I'm wearing atm. worth more than 1 bil.
    My former gear was one of the best full IK sets and was far better and cheaper than the gear I wear now, profile:

http://eu.battle.net...le/Conan-21725/

how much irl gold did that gear cost you?
    EBAYED
    EBAYED
    EBAYED
    EBAYED
    I'm just wondering why do you need to brag about spending 1bil on gear that doesn't even get you where a proper 500mil set would.

Anyway, you need to work on your strength man, its quite low.
    For all that gear, your strength is pretty low. Getting a well rolled EF offhand would nicely mitigate that and should not cost too much imo. Depending on whether or not you are trying to run MP10 ubers solo/grouped, you can really stand to lose a ton of survivability. You can swap tough as nails for bloodthirst and get a higher dps mainhand without the lifesteal too.
    I think you'll get more out of a good lamentation vs that IK belt unless you really need the 3/4piece bonus. Also consider getting an amulet with 10% crit and 70+ crit damage with str and vit as usual. I bet this would wreck with a high end Skorn
    Quote from ConanTheBarb

And you've spent what, 3 hours in act three? What you should be working on is your paragon level (or actually playing the game).
    Only has 1300 elite kills. Bought gear from ebay after making his account like what 3 hours ago.
    lol NOOB with daddys credit card all over the place but anyway...

1.- Drop that belt and get a witching hour
    2.- Change your passive skills
    3.- Get more STR
    Or you could get "The Witching Hour". Ignore the poor people on here btw, they can't comprehend disposable income :D
    looked at gear and creamed.
    looked at played and LOLd.
    Neither of your weapons have any STR which IMO is a huge mistake, seeing as weapons have the potential of rolling more STR than nearly any other piece of gear. Sure, they have good DPS, some crit and a socket, but you'd be better off sacrificing DPS on each of those weapons for 200-300+ STR on both of them.

Witching Hour on your belt would be a huge upgrade.

As others have said, your Lacuni's is lacking.

Those Inna's...they seem odd to me. I guess the +all resist over the 80-100 STR you'd otherwise get is a solid tradeoff, but I'm not entirely sold. +all resist is so easy to cover on pieces that will also provide you STR, it just doesn't seem like it should be something you'd have to give up. Regardless, not a huge deal.

You're also lacking sustain. You need to add some more Life on Hit or Life Steal or you're going to be capped at MP 7 or 8ish.

I'd also look for a different set of IK Irons. Yours have no +atk spd which is arguably more important than the +29 crit damage yours is giving. Ideally, you'd find a pair with chd, chc and atk spd.

Yeah, I kind of hate to say it, but for 1 bil gold, you probably could have got a significantly better build.
    Oh pitiful shadow lost in the darkness,
    Bringing torment and pain to others.
    Your damned soul wallowing in your sin.
    Perhaps...

it is time to die.
    Quote from dieguitoboy

lol NOOB with daddys credit card all over the place but anyway...

Hi,

I just thought i would show the way I'm gearing and what my endgame goals are, take it with a grain of salt.

http://us.battle.net...463/hero/938633

I've basically got the the pieces i want in the slots that i want, but with pretty average stats. I'm planning on upgrading them one at a time as i get the money.

Pieces I will be changing are:-

*Shoulders - Vile Wards with vit and life %

*Rare ring - Dropping all res on ring that will get picked up with the Vile Wards. Changing to a trifecta with str & possibly vit.

*Amulet - At PL 100 i will be swapping out for hopefully a trifecta with str/vit and a reasonable amount of lifesteal (atm my tornadoes are ticking 30x each so the lifesteal is godly) if need be i will drop off the AS because i am almost certain it wont bring me to the next breakpoint anyway.

*Hellfire ring - Swap to a rare ring with a minimum of crit hit/dmg and to pick up stats i may be lacking in (allres, str/vit).

*Mempo - Swapping to a Mempo with crit hit and swapping gem out for life % at PL 100.

*MH & OH will be very similar statwise to what i have now, but I plan on upgrading the dps on the OH, and if need be LS.

Basically, with all my pieces I'm going to be increasing the str/vit on them. Getting avg damage, pickup radius, phys res where i can but not mandatory.

I'm not too concerned with the str to vit ratio, I figure if my str rolls on the gear is high but the vit isn't so much, I can pick it up by swapping my str gems for vit.

I know i haven't told you what gear to get, but tbh it's a hard call. Depending on how good a player you are will determine how much survivability (armor, all res, vit, damage reduction, etc) you need.

Pick a tick rate on your tornadoes that you're happy with and try not to go too much over it, the AS will be wasted stats.

I find Bash Punish works well if you open up with your 3 hits and just tag a monster every few seconds with it to refresh it (damage goes over 200k).

Alkaizer runs with doing Rakkis crossing and all of Fields of Slaughter take 10-12 min on MP2. I will say that i read an article on here about swapping WOTB for furious charge and it was the best change for speed runs i ever made, props to the guy who did the post. It especially helps with the monsters that get feared from EF.

Sorry it's a bit convoluted but i just typed whatever i think may help you :) .
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes