Offer barbarian check - gear & skill

Quote from Pris

1. link to charakter profile http://eu.battle.net...7/hero/10325295

2. which specc do you play? I'm playing Rend spec with a 2H, not particularly crazy for WW. I also enjoy HotA spec.

3. which Monster Power do you want to play and what do you want to do? (detailed pls) Farming, starting Uber soon. I'm playing MP1 at the moment. Probably I may set it higher, but I don't know how much.

4.what's your problems now? what do you want improve? I run out of Fury. Without Bloodthirst I become a little squishy. I don't understand what would boost my dps, as every item I try to change seems to grant me only 200-300 dps at best.

5. what's your budget to change your items? 2 millions... sigh. I hope to sell an item for around 8m, that would make 10m.

6. what's your final goal Reaching higher DPS. Big crits = fun.

I would like some advice to the same level as zakarumite but not soloing ubers.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/mdd-1398/hero/14930509

looking for some advice or what to do first to farm paragon or to farm items and what items to look for and what to look for in them..
    1. link to charakter profile
    http://eu.battle.net...89/hero/4700404

2. which specc do you play? are you exposed to play another specc?
    Only played WW so far. Would like to try an other build that is better for ubers/pvp. Any suggestions on that? Mabye HoTA build? What would I need to change in gear to make that a good build?

3. which Monster Power do you want to play and what do you want to do? (detailed pls)
    I can easly do low monster level farming but eventually I would like to go as high as I can and mabye do MP 10 users.

4.what's your problems now? what do you want improve?
    Can't seem to find cheap dps upgrades. Also I don't have a really high EHP.

5. what's your budget to change your items?
    Not much atm. But I would like to now what to farm for. Only have 2mil add the moment.

6. what's your final goal?
    Have fun! Beat my friends in pvp and maybe once become paragon lvl 100 :D

Thanks in advance!
    1. eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/deth-2339/hero/21541397 (cant post links)

2. WW, not tried anything else since SnB.

3. I want to effectively farm mp 5-6 without much fear of dying at all, and solo ubers at mp7+.

4. My 'problem' is that I want to move up from my current farming mp (2) to a higher one, for the increased xp and loot chance. I do want dps upgrades, but I'm afraid of loosing alot of hp, guessing my all res needs to go up a bit.

5. 100mil

6. Farming higher MPs and ubers without my screen flashing red 24/7 from being almost dead.
    Quote from Fallactic

Quote from Candymancan

1. http://us.battle.net...843/hero/641979
    2. I currently play WW spec.
    3. I farm MP0 for paragon leveling and do ubers on mp9 in a 4 man group we run nightly (I die quite a bit)
    4. Problem im having is I die on Ubers MP9 would like your opinion on what I should upgrade next due to budget.
    5. Spent most my gold on items i currently use but have roughly 30m left for upgrades.
    6. To not be such a liability on MP9 Ubers for my nightly farming group. Also if there is a better spec than the traditional WW spec I should be using for Ubers. I'm very new to Barbarian coming from a DH I got bored with, having much more fun now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :D Thanks!

Your gear is in decent shape to try HOTA spec, or even weapon throw if you get a different offhand. If you want to stay WW, you need to swap your offhand to a sword or dagger due to the swing time. Since you are new to barb, Ill go in to how the tornadoes from sprint work briefly. The rate at which the tornadoes tick per second is based on the weapon speed of the last weapon that was used. In your case, having that slower offhand means that they are ticking very slowly sometimes and it cuts down your damage quite a bit. The other thing about WW barbs is that the actual damage of the offhand doesnt really matter as much for this spec due to how the sprint tornadoes directly base their damage off of the mainhand. Since the damage of the offhand isnt quite as important, you should instead look for an offhand that has very high stats, especially because your strength is very low. You should shoot for a dagger/sword that has high strength, crit damage, a socket, and lifesteal. Even if that weapon is only 750-800 dps(800-900 for the sword), it will still net you a healthy damage increase, along with getting you more strength and crit damage. For HOTA, check out the thread on here, or the thunder barbarian link in Tazeon's signature for how to play and gear for that style.

As far as your gear goes, there are two main issues that you are going to have for MP9 Ubers. You have lower end health and armor. The low armor is in large part because you have low strength. If you want to shoot that high, you will want to increase your strength to at least 2200 if not more... and every point of strength is equal to 1 armor. With 500 more str, the difference in armor (and damage) would be noticable. You can gain 48 strength without even upgrading a single piece of gear by just replacing all of your current gems with stars (about 600k each). Your neck and mempo not having strength also hurts, but it would be out of your price range to upgrade them to ones with strength as well as it's current stats. If you could manage to get a mempo and neck with strength while preserving your current stats, you could net upwards of 320 strength. Depending on weather or not you end up trying HOTA/weapon throw or stay WW will make the difference in how much STR you can afford to have on your offhand, but you can easily pick up another 120+ along with more crit damage. Your health is also on the lower end which ends up hurting you for ubers. You would ideally want closer to 40k if you are trying MP9 ubers, along with more AR unbuffed as well to help. I would

Honestly, it would probably be best for you to pick up a new sword offhand with strength, crit damage, a socket, and MAYBE lifesteal if you can afford to, and try HOTA for ubers (the high damage of HOTA combined with the healing from lifesteal will make you able to last much longer). The good thing about HOTA for ubers is that you do can be really aggressive with your damage and fall back on your lifesteal healing as a backup. You may even want to throw a purple gem in your helm during ubers to give you more health. With WOTB/Battle rage up, your hammer hits will heal you for around 11k per second, which is pretty huge for your health pool. I would use something similar to http://eu.battle.net...iPRa!ZYd!ZcbcYY as a build for ubers as it is still pretty offensive, but has some defense in there. Now for that build, you can swap out ignore pain for Overpower-Crushing advance (30% less damage taken for 4 seconds, cooldown of the ability reduces on crits) for your snap defensive move, and it is awesome in its own right due to how you can basically keep the buff active 100% of the time. You can really change ignore pain to whatever defensive cooldown you want as they are all pretty decent (the other runes for ignore pain are good too), Now you will have to go through getting 5 stacks of NV as that spec, but it shouldn't be a huge problem.

Thank you very much for the extensive feedback I will give all suggestions a try see what ends up working best for my play style. Thanks again :)
    Quote from TicklishCorn

1. link to charakter profile http://us.battle.net...47/hero/6780991
    2. which specc do you play? are you exposed to play another specc? I currently play WW and am aware of the HotA spec as well.
    3. which Monster Power do you want to play and what do you want to do? (detailed pls) I currently farm MP 5 and want to farm MP 8 as fast as I do 5
    4.what's your problems now? what do you want improve? My DPS
    5. what's your budget to change your items? 300mil
    6. what's your final goal? At least 60k HP with amethyst in helm and 300k+ DPS unbuffed

- To counter my Echoing Fury's fear, I use a cold damage SoJ

Sorry can't really help you this much, your gear is allready high end gear.
    Every upgrade for you will cost more then 300 mio I think. (I don't know the prices on us market)

I would upgrade your Echoing Fury to reach your goals. Instead of dexterity you need critical hit damage and lower fear.
    Quote from Verius

1. link to charakter profile: http://us.battle.net...38/hero/6159325
    2. which specc do you play? are you exposed to play another specc? I play ww farming mp0-2, also aware of the HOTA spec but not alot of experience with it.
    3. which Monster Power do you want to play and what do you want to do? (detailed pls). Right now I am just item / paragon farming mp0. I would like to be able to farm mp5+ comfortably once the patch hits. (for bonus xp gain)
    4.what's your problems now? what do you want improve? One major thing I would like to do is get off of the skorn and into two 1 handers. Increase my damage and survivability. Right now I've been building my AR.. my hp has taken a hit but I plan to get that back to around the 40k range.
    5. what's your budget to change your items? Willing to spend around 20-50m per item right now.
    6. what's your final goal? Ultimately to be more comfortable farming higher mp levels at a good speed.

thanks! I had some help a few threads back but I could always use another look (have upgraded a few pieces this week already)

I would upgrade following items

1. Pants and Boots
    get Ice Climbers without movement speed + Inna's Pants
    but you need 2 good items, if you don't want loose too much life

Inna's Pants with strength and Vitality are very expensive. So just focus on high vitality.
    Ice Climbers should have high strength and high vitality.

with 10% life on ice'climbers you need on these 2 items 170 Vitality together, to maintain current 41,4k Life.
    with 12% life on ice climbers you need on these 2 items 155 Vitality together, to maintain current 41,4k Life.

2. Chest
    get a better IK Chest. Focus on high strength or high vitality.

or you plan to upgrade your weapons to 2x 1hand weapons:
    First you must know that the dps of your offhand doesnt matter for ww/rltw, for hota you also need a good offhand, these 3 options are for ww/rltw. If you are interested in low mp hota farming then read my thunder guide. (link in signature)

MH: EF with low fear, high dps (>1000) and socket, if you can afford str and/or critical hit damage
    OH: fast weapon (dagger), high critical hit chance, life steal, socket, if you can afford strength

MH: mace very high dps (>1150) and socket if you can afford critical hit damage
    OH: EF socket, >160 str, >90 critical hit damage (fear doesn't matter) or instead of critical hit damage with life steal

MH: mace very high dps (>1150) and socket if you can afford critical hit damage
    OH: fast weapon (dagger), high critical hit chance, life steal, socket, strength

For higher Monsterpower you should play with Passiv: Bloodhirst and change Furious Charge with WotB and the rune from Overpower.
    1. link to character profile - eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Puffymuffin-1978/hero/9928681
    2. spec - I play WW but tried different things to farm keys
    3. I usually farm on MP1 and I've tried to farm keys in higher difficulties, but without too much sucess. Would like to be able to farm MP 3 fast and farm MP7-8 for keys/ubers.
    4. problems - I die too quickly
    5. Budget - 120 mill
    6. Final goal - very efficiently farm lower MP for xp (3-5) and farm MP9-10 for ubers
    Quote from Cizar39

1. link to charakter profile - http://us.battle.net...758/hero/145222
    2. which specc do you play? are you exposed to play another specc? - WW Spec, I like it the most
    3. which Monster Power do you want to play and what do you want to do? (detailed pls) - Haven't delved into it it much, just came back and am completing Inferno on my Barb. Looing for insight on what MP i could go too when I am done Inferno? WIth my gear and such.
    4.what's your problems now? what do you want improve? - Problem is more direction that anything. Right now I can stomp anything in my path, rarely ever have to use a potion. I want to know where I can go with my gear, if I need any upgrades and what I can do in terms of MP.
    5. what's your budget to change your items? - Anything really, just need to know some good items to go for.
    6. what's your final goal? Farming, higher MP playthroughs.

First of all you play a very uncommon ww spec. If you don'T want to play the common ww/rltw you can also improve your ww spec with better runes, skills and passives.

With this spec and your items I wouldnt recommend any monster power, if you want to farm fast and efficient, because this will slow your farm speed a lot. Your dps is too low.

Your gear:
    Your dps is very low. To increase your dps you need crit chance, crit damage and strength.
    Your gear is more for a tank now. You have high all resistance, armor and life.
    Hope its ok to ask this question from you pro´s too :)

For ww barb which of these would you use as offhand weapon? (i use bit over 1000dps echo with 96% critdmg as main)

So my question is doesnt offhands dps matter at all for whirlwind?
    If not that axe is pretty good aint it (not the fastest but still only 0.02 attacks/second from regular sword)?

Thanks and sry if this was wrong topic for this :)
    Quote from ghoppe

Hope its ok to ask this question from you pro´s too :)

For ww barb which of these would you use as offhand weapon? (i use bit over 1000dps echo with 96% critdmg as main)

So my question is doesnt offhands dps matter at all for whirlwind?
    If not that axe is pretty good aint it (not the fastest but still only 0.02 attacks/second from regular sword)?

Thanks and sry if this was wrong topic for this :)

your question got allready good answers in your other thread.
    Quote from crazyboy88

1. link to charakter profile http://us.battle.net...4/hero/25787441
    2. which specc do you play? are you exposed to play another specc? WW Build but open to HOTA however i don't know how to play that build i seem to suck at it (might go throw barb for dueling)
    3. which Monster Power do you want to play and what do you want to do? I want to do MP10 ubers (currently doing MP7)
    4.what's your problems now? what do you want improve? damage and sustainability
    5. what's your budget to change your items? 30 -50M
    6. what's your final goal? MP10 ubers and hopefully easy transition to dueling

for playing hota, read my Thunder Barbarian guide or watch some youtube videos, how to play it!

If you want to play ww/rltw you should upgrade your weapon first.
    I would upgrade your weapon to increase your real dps. The high fear effect will result in a real dps loss if you play ww/rltw.

For a hota specc or throwing barb this is not this important.

If you speak from doing ubers on mp10 , do you mean alone or in a group?
    If doing in a group you only must get a good stone of jordan and get another offhand with additional lifesteal, high vitality, critical hit damage, socket. This can also be a low dps weapon if you play ww/rltw.

You can also need a better IK Chest. If you don't want to change your weapons.
    All your rare items Shoulders and Pants have low all resistance, there you can additional upgrades für ubers mp10.
    Changing your IK belt for additional all resistance is also possible.

I can't help you with duelling.

Do you want to play hota for farming or for ubers?
    1. link to character profile http://us.battle.net...6/hero/26162930
    2. Which spec do you want to play ? WW . exposed to play ? WotB HotA
    3. I'm Farming in mp0 but i wanna increase to mp3 as fast as mp0 (Main Reason). Im farming act3 like 35 minutes with rare looting Raoha route.
    Ubber Farming in Mp5 but i wanna to increase mp8
    4. Too slow farming in mp3 and dying too much. i want to know where i can go with my gear.
    5. Budget: right now 40m and have a possiblity to increase 100m.
    6. Goal: Farming RaoHa Run Act 3 Mp4 60 minutes. 60m exp. And mp8 uber
    1. link to charakter profile http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/soszmen-2721/hero/12481262
    2. which specc do you play? are you exposed to play another specc? I'm playing rend + furious charge 2H build , i'd like to try 2x1hand weapon WW+wotb build if it is more effective.
    3. which Monster Power do you want to play and what do you want to do? (detailed pls) I want to play on MP3 (next patch), farm items and exp, MP5 for key farming(ocasionally).
    4.what's your problems now? what do you want improve? I'm getting about 50kk/h exp atm, while picking up some of the yellows and legendaries. I think my main problem is movement speed and a little bit too small DMG.
    5. what's your budget to change your items? not so much at this moment, about 8kk(may be increased to 10kk).
    6. what's your final goal? Farm ubers on MP8 solo.
    My main question is that, is 2x1hand weapon wotb+ww faster to farm paragons and items, than that im using now? Should i change it? What about higher MP? Now im farming on MP0 pretty well, it is giving me fun, but on higher than MP3 i die sometimes and its no longer fun (not enough dmg).Sorry for my bad english, i hope you understood what i tried to say =]
    Quote from whorebeast

1. link to charakter profile
    (diabloprogress) /hero/whorebeast-2915/Bulder/9506346
    (eu) whorebeast-2915/hero/9506346
    Can't make links yet.

2. which specc do you play? are you exposed to play another specc?
    Classic 1.1 revenge build.

3. which Monster Power do you want to play and what do you want to do? (detailed pls)
    I play mp8-10, and I want to survive rakanoth enrage.

Can't procc revenge against 1 dude.

2-300m.

6. what's your final goal?
    To solo ubers mp10 like I do with my wiz.

7. are you trolling?
    A bit. But seriously want to do this as a fun sidequest in d3.

To survive Rakanoth enrage I would suggest to use two other skills.
    Demoshout (additonal 20% less damage)
    Overpower (additional 30% less damage for 4 sec)

for leap and furious charge

Your items seems very perfect for a tank.
    Quote from Blotsch

Hello there and first of all thank you for offering to do this I appreciate it a lot since I am rather lost.

1. Link to charakter profile.
    http:// eu .battle. net/ d3 /en/ profile/ Blotsch-2997 /hero/ 18823655

2. Which specc do you play? are you exposed to play another specc?
    I play the WW build and have tried the Hammer of the Ancients build but don't like it at all

3. Which Monster Power do you want to play and what do you want to do? (detailed pls)
    I want to play as high as possible in regard to MP, since i love a good challenge. Currently I do ok up to MP4 and in MP4 I die a lot and do make quite a it of a gold loss if I try to farm there. So my main problem is DPS and Survivability.

My Problem is DPS and Survivability to both survive and kill the champ-packs in MP5.

My budget is quite small unfortunately and is at 2,5m gold :(

Anyway thank you again for helping :)

To farm efficient mp4 you need much more better gear. Sure you can play on this monster power, but with your gear this is very far away from efficient.
    Try mp0 and do take an efficient route like from Alkazier.
    Don't waste to much time for looting, but because you don't have only 2 mio gold, pick up all gold and all rares.
    For picking up all gold you may need higher pick up radius. Get an IK Belt with it or get it on any other item which you upgrade, but this will raises prices of items a lot.
    You can't only wait for the lucky 1xx mio drop. If the item is crap sell it at vendor or make essences and sell them on ah. You must take every opportunity.

You have 2,8 ls on belt, 2,9 ls on mh, 2,9 ls on offhand and 3% ls from bloodthrist.
    That's a lot but because your damage is very loh this is not very effective.
    At the start we concentrate on loh.

We want upgrade following items at start:

Amulet:
    min: crit chance 9%, vitality >150, loh 500
    additional: str

Pants:
    min: Vitality >220, 2 socket, all resistance >75
    additonal: str

Shoulders:
    min: Strength >220, all resistance >75
    additional: vitality or armor

Offhand:
    dps doesnt matter, fast, loh >700, socket, critical hit damage >50
    additional: strength or vitality

Mainhand (mace preferred if two expensive take an axe)
    high dps, socket or more then 80% critical hit damage
    Quote from Tazeon

Quote from whorebeast

To survive Rakanoth enrage I would suggest to use two other skills.
    Demoshout (additonal 20% less damage)
    Overpower (additional 30% less damage for 4 sec)

for leap and furious charge

Your items seems very perfect for a tank.

Thank you for the advice; I've tried it and those skills are more useful indeed. Not sure about rakanoth however. Will try soon.

Again, thanks (also for taking it seriously, since classic "tanks" are quite useless in d3 - my CM wiz has a million times more dps and tanks much better =). But still, it's fun to build weird characters.)
    1. link to charakter profile : eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Foxxi-2993/hero/63234
    2. which specc do you play? are you exposed to play another specc? : WW Specc
    3. which Monster Power do you want to play and what do you want to do? (detailed pls) : want to farm uberbosses on mp6+ and mp5 farm
    4.what's your problems now? what do you want improve? : overall perfomance to farm faster
    5. what's your budget to change your items? : 80m
    6. what's your final goal? : getting a better overall farm speed
    First of all many thanks for your help, i appreciate. I have already put your blog in my link bar :)

1. Character :

http://eu.battle.net/d3/fr/profile/Isdrydge-1287/hero/250001

2. Spec :

I have always plays WW build and i love it. I would like to be able to play HOTA or something like that for the ubber boss, but my main spec is WW.

3. PM and wishes

I would like to farm easily in PM1 or 2 with no problem of fyry and want to be able to farm key / ubberboss and now plans in MP6 or 7.

4. Problems

in MP1 farm, my tornadoes dont always kills everything in 1 shot and some trouble with my fury.
    in more MP, some trouble with my DPS, maybe a little bit my regen and some trouble with my defense on some elite.

5. Budget

Right now i have only 6 M :( but some improvement in long term can be given if you could.

I have in stock a IK helm at 6%CC but low Strenght and some Lacuni but no good stats on it.

6. Final goal

Have a lots of money to have min 200 k DPS !

Many thanks in advance for your help.
    I recently received a friends account with a 60 barb. For some reason, I'm having trouble with even mp2-4. I don't think my friend was building properly.

1. Link to charakter profile.
    us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/sffs-1574/hero/19578449

2. Which specc do you play? are you exposed to play another specc?
    I believe he was playing WW but honestly, I personally am more interested in HoTa but don't mind WW.

3. Which Monster Power do you want to play and what do you want to do? (detailed pls)
    I want to play as high as possible

DPS and Survivability

Yikes, not that much tbh. Around 1.5million

Thanks in advance for any insight!
    Sorry. Now I don't have enough time for all requests.
    I'm working on a basic ww/rltw guid, which should help many people.
    If I have time I will only pick up the most interesting requests.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes