Offer barbarian check - gear & skill

Thank you for the review, will give it some thoughts! :)
    "If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
    - Mario Andretti
    1. http://eu.battle.net/d3/de/profile/monkey-2585/hero/476800
    2. WW Barb
    3. Farming Paragons on MP1
    4. I have problems to hold up my WoB and want to improve it
    5. 80mil
    6. Farming Paragon as fast as i can with good loot :>
    1. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Wetzeb-1968/hero/29399975
    2. WW Barb
    3. Farming in general at MP1 is the usual, found that I can do mp2
    4. Cannot hold WotB
    5. 10 million
    6. Be able to farm higher mps for loot, able to power level people (do this on the side with my wizard), Keys/Organs, Better general survivability at mp5+
    Updated first post

slayervedran - to less information
    Deceiver - done
    Nitrak - done
    BatuKMan - done
    toggi86 - done
    Belthien - done
    Kastor - done
    Zmain - done
    feydin235 - done
    Owaze
    andarus
    fallactic
    TicklishCorn
    Verius
    Cizar39
    crazyboy88
    moztro - done by Fallactic
    whorebeast
    Blotsch
    cying247
    Pris
    monkey2211
    Wetzeb

a lot to do tonight!

1. link to charakter profile ht tp://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Owaze-1639/hero/3977239
    2. which specc do you play? are you exposed to play another specc? WW Spec willing to play anything.
    3. which Monster Power do you want to play and what do you want to do? (detailed pls) Paragon / Farm MP Any
    4.what's your problems now? what do you want improve? Run out of Fury constantly Want to kill anf make my runs faster. I have problem trying to improve my dps without killing my survivability.
    5. what's your budget to change your items? 50 Million
    6. what's your final goal? Quicker farming runs

If you run out of fury constantly these can have different problems:
    1. On low monster power this problem is very common, because monstes die to fast. How to solve this:
    Passiv Unforgiving instead of Bloodthirst
    using Mighty Weapon in mainhand
    5piece IK Set Bonus
    using Templar

2. You are doing something wrong? Mabe using ww to often and if not necessary.

3. Take too much time to loot and loosing wotb.

Mentioned your goal:
    In your current gear your survibility is very high. Too much llife, high ls + loh.
    On low mp you can have 6k less life and passive Bloodthirst isn't necessary.

You must know that charakter screen dps is not important for ww/rltw barbarian.

1. Easiest way to upgrade your dps would be to get radiant star emerald for your mainhand.
    2. Change your gems in chest.

Then you must save your money for next upgrades.
    First you must decide which way do you want to go to reach 24% movementspeed?

For your start I would suggest to get rare pants with high vitality, all resistance, 2 sockets, strength (mayber armor) and IK Chest.

1. http://eu.battle.net...309/hero/244670
    2. WW right now but I liked my Rend Specc I played before.
    3. What gives me best Loot/XP. Have to improve my Gear for 1.0.7 it seems.
    4. Need more DPS for 1.0.7.
    6. World Domination! :D

Your gear is very good, only your mh weapon is very bad.

1. For ww/rltw your mainhand sucks really.
    You need very high dps (>1100) in the mainhand, then a socket and maybe crit damage.
    Nothing more, if you can't afford more.
    Mace preferred.

2. Get IK Chest

3. Get better rare pants.
    High vitality, strength, all resistance, 2 sockets.

4. In 1.0.7 you may play on higher monster power I think, therefore you should also have ls on your offhand wepaon. Your dps is high enough to change loh with ls on offhand weapon.

5. Upgrade all your gems.
    Thanks for putting in all your effort!

1. link to character profile: (http://)us(.)battle(.)net/d3/en/profile/Thrinis-1897/hero/2503656 (Sorry can't post links yet)

2. which specc do you play? are you exposed to play another specc?

I play WW, I've also played HoTA/Rend DW and Weapon throw

3. which Monster Power do you want to play and what do you want to do? (detailed pls)

I'd like to be able to play at least mp9, I'm sitting pretty at mp7 and struggling slightly at mp8. I'm happy with WW but I'd like to be able to switch it up and play other specs efficiently without hindering my run times or xp gain.

4.what's your problems now? what do you want improve?

I'd like to improve first of all my resistances, I know they're quite low, I tend to get screwed the most by anything molten/shielding.

5. what's your budget to change your items? 50-100m

6. what's your final goal?

Be in a place where I can start carrying my friends at high (mp8+) levels.

Once again, thank you for your help!

1. link to character profile: (http://)us(.)battle(.)net/d3/en/profile/Thrinis-1897/hero/2503656 (Sorry can't post links yet)

3. which Monster Power do you want to play and what do you want to do? (detailed pls)

I'd like to be able to play at least mp9, I'm sitting pretty at mp7 and struggling slightly at mp8. I'm happy with WW but I'd like to be able to switch it up and play other specs efficiently without hindering my run times or xp gain.

I'd like to improve first of all my resistances, I know they're quite low, I tend to get screwed the most by anything molten/shielding.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Thrinis-1897/hero/2503656 is the link to his profile

Just a quick response this time, but since your issue is molten/shielding, you are right on the money about getting your all resist up. If it's just general survivability, swap out unforgiven for bloodthirst, and you should see a pretty substantial difference. You would see the biggest difference in both dps and AR if you swapped out your hellfire for a ring with str/crit/AR and maybe even some + damage. Also, the hellfire on your templar is better than yours currently is for survivability at the cost of barely (if any) dps loss. You're actually in a decently rough spot where if you wanted to pick up some survivability stats in other slots, you would either have to lose a ton of damage, or spend your entire budget or more. The only other slot that I can see you upgrading within budget is your neck by adding AR, and even that may be out of budget. Any crit chance that you can gain right now is huge though as you get 2k dps for each percent.

Bear in mind, I havent played in a little over a month because I lost interest until recently

1. link to charakter profile http://us.battle.net...86/hero/4854125

2. which specc do you play? are you exposed to play another specc? WW with Crushing Advance, Could try another spec I guess.

3. which Monster Power do you want to play and what do you want to do? (detailed pls). I normally run mp5 act 2 vault for legendaries or mp3-5 act 3 runs. For keys/ubers I do mp8. I'm pretty comfortable where I am at monster power wise right now, but id like to do mp5 act 3 decently fast.
    4.what's your problems now? what do you want improve? Lower MP levels cause me to drop WOTB. Considered trying unforgiven, but didn't like the style much.

5. what's your budget to change your items? Like 20 mil i think? I have a friend who owes me like 35 mil more, so i guess around 55 million.

6. what's your final goal? Getting back into the game after a break, item hunting, and PVP later on maybe,

If you have really big problems on lower monster power and don't want to play with Unforgiven then try it with a cheap mighty weapon, high dps (>1100) and socket should be enough with your gear for low monster power.

Your life and all resistance is really high for mp5, but to run mp5 decently fast you must improve your dps and therefore you must upgrade your mainhand. Your budget is too low to buy a good weapon, so save your money until you can afford one.

Why do you only play with 12% movement speed?
    I know, if you change your pants or bracers you will loose survibility, but I think you don't really need it. The higher dps will balance this.

Finally I would suggest following combination, but you will need a lot of gold for this.
    Lacun Prowlers with crit and str or all resistance.
    Innas Temperance with str
    good Ice Climbers with no movement speed

did you read my pm? Maybe you can answer me, also if it's a no.

Bear in mind, I havent played in a little over a month because I lost interest until recently

1. link to charakter profile http://us.battle.net...86/hero/4854125

2. which specc do you play? are you exposed to play another specc? WW with Crushing Advance, Could try another spec I guess.

3. which Monster Power do you want to play and what do you want to do? (detailed pls). I normally run mp5 act 2 vault for legendaries or mp3-5 act 3 runs. For keys/ubers I do mp8. I'm pretty comfortable where I am at monster power wise right now, but id like to do mp5 act 3 decently fast.
    4.what's your problems now? what do you want improve? Lower MP levels cause me to drop WOTB. Considered trying unforgiven, but didn't like the style much.

5. what's your budget to change your items? Like 20 mil i think? I have a friend who owes me like 35 mil more, so i guess around 55 million.

6. what's your final goal? Getting back into the game after a break, item hunting, and PVP later on maybe,

If you have really big problems on lower monster power and don't want to play with Unforgiven then try it with a cheap mighty weapon, high dps (>1100) and socket should be enough with your gear for low monster power.

Your life and all resistance is really high for mp5, but to run mp5 decently fast you must improve your dps and therefore you must upgrade your mainhand. Your budget is too low to buy a good weapon, so save your money until you can afford one.

Why do you only play with 12% movement speed?

The movement speed thing is because I'm not going to get a cheap lacuni bracer, but rather a really nice one. I was looking for an innas temperance for a while, but in order to get one that I would be happy with, i'd have to spend like 90 mil. I do mp5 runs in like 20ish minutes if i only pick up the essentials. I really dont stat having issues with losing rage until I get to mp3 or below, and then stuff just falls over too fast lol. The reason why my AR is so high is that this set is from before I quit when I would carry my friends who were 100% glass cannon through mp8-10.

Yeah, I know I need a new weapon, but I am a bit of a perfectionist, and I really have a hard time convincing myself that it's worth spending 250mil on an item that may only give me a small DPS boost. Basically, I know that in order to do the kinds of big upgrades that I want to, I'm going to have to spend around 800m or more gold. I want a crit mempo, str/crit/AR lacuni, strength witching hour, and a really well rolled IK gloves to keep the set bonus along with a 1100 dps weapon with similar stats to mine, but getting any one of those for a price that isn't stupid is hard lol.

http://us.battle.net...97/hero/2503656 is the link to his profile

Just a quick response this time, but since your issue is molten/shielding, you are right on the money about getting your all resist up. If it's just general survivability, swap out unforgiven for bloodthirst, and you should see a pretty substantial difference. You would see the biggest difference in both dps and AR if you swapped out your hellfire for a ring with str/crit/AR and maybe even some + damage. Also, the hellfire on your templar is better than yours currently is for survivability at the cost of barely (if any) dps loss. You're actually in a decently rough spot where if you wanted to pick up some survivability stats in other slots, you would either have to lose a ton of damage, or spend your entire budget or more. The only other slot that I can see you upgrading within budget is your neck by adding AR, and even that may be out of budget. Any crit chance that you can gain right now is huge though as you get 2k dps for each percent.

Thanks for the quick response! I forgot that I hadn't changed out my skills, I usually run Bloodthirst instead of unforgiven, and WOTB-ToC instead of charge . I'll take your advice into consideration though, gracias!
    Also, try replacing charge with either impunity or overpower-crushing advance. Either one is a pretty significant defensive upgrade
    1. http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/CaptainChaos-2479/hero/10636038
    2. ww-nado on mp1-4 for XP/relaxing, sometimes mp8 for keys, 2x1 hota for ubers on mp8 or 9
    3. mp10 ubers, especially being able to carry my undergeared friends thru it (can do it on 8 but higher is rough)
    4. kinda wanna get a Witching Hour but I feel uncomfortable with less than 550ish AR (I use 1mio IK boots for the vita/AR when I do higher mps, for mp1-4 I use 90 STR legacy Zunimas boots for more DPS)
    5. 60m right now, possibly more - dont feel like farming too hard right now with the patch inc
    6. see 3. I guess?
    1. Link to profile eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Kenn-1173/hero/23331931
    1. Regarding speck: I like to play with a 2 hander, and the speck I use at the moment is built to stand right in the face of the mobs as long as possible, and survive. I am here for suggestions, so off course I am up for using another speck. (however I do have 2 items that support the current speck)
    2. I am playing MP3 right now, and i time I would like to increase it, but the most important thing for me is to have fun and progress through paragon levels.
    3. Don’t have that many problems, but higher DPS, would be nice, as long as it don’t minimize the survival.
    4. Budget, is dependable, but not at limitation.
    5. Have fun, progress through paragon levels, and aim for higher MP.

In advance I would like to thank you for taking the time.

Regards.
    1. link to charakter profile - http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Zillionhz-2606/hero/6996006
    2. which specc do you play? are you exposed to play another specc? WW spec, kinda like it so don't wanna change, but if I have to, I will.
    3. which Monster Power do you want to play and what do you want to do? (detailed pls) - I currently play at MP2, but I wanna go higher for more drops and a little more xp.
    4.what's your problems now? what do you want improve? - I feel like I'm to squishy atm. I can't sustain my Hp pool, it's dropping to much.
    5. what's your budget to change your items? - Around 37m atm
    6. what's your final goal? - Higher MP's ofc, and to survive a little better than now.
    Hey! Great thread, thanks for all the help you provide.
    Here is my barb:

1. http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Calibro-2486/hero/129385
    2. WW barb, i played s&b barb back in 1.0.0-1.0.4 i think. Never played HotA/throw barb. I guess WW is ok since it's the most efficient.
    3. I usually play mp5 (yeah i know, mp0 all the way, i just can't stand weak mobs). I want to play MP that gives my barb challenge, and i want to be able to kill ubers at high MPs solo. Right now i can no problem kill ubers in MP5, but never tried anything higher (should i?).
    4. I don't experience too many problems farming mp5 actIII or mp5 ubers, just an occasional death here and there because i'm not careful at all. Just want to know if i'm doing anything awfully wrong, i used to check class theorycrafting ogten when i played WoW, now i don't have much time to keep up with the metagame. I want to eventually be able to kill ubers in mp10 solo :)
    5. Depends, right now i just want to know what item to upgrade first or what am i doing wrong and should change right away.
    6. ubers mp10 solo!

Thanks again!
    1. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Shane-1843/hero/641979
    2. I currently play WW spec.
    3. I farm MP0 for paragon leveling and do ubers on mp9 in a 4 man group we run nightly (I die quite a bit)
    4. Problem im having is I die on Ubers MP9 would like your opinion on what I should upgrade next due to budget.
    5. Spent most my gold on items i currently use but have roughly 30m left for upgrades.
    6. To not be such a liability on MP9 Ubers for my nightly farming group. Also if there is a better spec than the traditional WW spec I should be using for Ubers. I'm very new to Barbarian coming from a DH I got bored with, having much more fun now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :D Thanks!
    1. http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Veiga-2964/hero/3123554
    2. WW Barb
    3. Farming Paragons on MP1
    4. atm iam trying to get high paragon and get some legendarys
    5. 100mil
    6. my goal is to get high dps and try to beat +mp5....i can do mp5 but i think i dont have dps for it because i take to loong to killl eleites.Just need help to find goos improves and some advices wot gear to buy.

thx for help

1. http://us.battle.net...843/hero/641979
    2. I currently play WW spec.
    3. I farm MP0 for paragon leveling and do ubers on mp9 in a 4 man group we run nightly (I die quite a bit)
    4. Problem im having is I die on Ubers MP9 would like your opinion on what I should upgrade next due to budget.
    5. Spent most my gold on items i currently use but have roughly 30m left for upgrades.
    6. To not be such a liability on MP9 Ubers for my nightly farming group. Also if there is a better spec than the traditional WW spec I should be using for Ubers. I'm very new to Barbarian coming from a DH I got bored with, having much more fun now. Any advice would be greatly appreciated :D Thanks!

Your gear is in decent shape to try HOTA spec, or even weapon throw if you get a different offhand. If you want to stay WW, you need to swap your offhand to a sword or dagger due to the swing time. Since you are new to barb, Ill go in to how the tornadoes from sprint work briefly. The rate at which the tornadoes tick per second is based on the weapon speed of the last weapon that was used. In your case, having that slower offhand means that they are ticking very slowly sometimes and it cuts down your damage quite a bit. The other thing about WW barbs is that the actual damage of the offhand doesnt really matter as much for this spec due to how the sprint tornadoes directly base their damage off of the mainhand. Since the damage of the offhand isnt quite as important, you should instead look for an offhand that has very high stats, especially because your strength is very low. You should shoot for a dagger/sword that has high strength, crit damage, a socket, and lifesteal. Even if that weapon is only 750-800 dps(800-900 for the sword), it will still net you a healthy damage increase, along with getting you more strength and crit damage. For HOTA, check out the thread on here, or the thunder barbarian link in Tazeon's signature for how to play and gear for that style.

As far as your gear goes, there are two main issues that you are going to have for MP9 Ubers. You have lower end health and armor. The low armor is in large part because you have low strength. If you want to shoot that high, you will want to increase your strength to at least 2200 if not more... and every point of strength is equal to 1 armor. With 500 more str, the difference in armor (and damage) would be noticable. You can gain 48 strength without even upgrading a single piece of gear by just replacing all of your current gems with stars (about 600k each). Your neck and mempo not having strength also hurts, but it would be out of your price range to upgrade them to ones with strength as well as it's current stats. If you could manage to get a mempo and neck with strength while preserving your current stats, you could net upwards of 320 strength. Depending on weather or not you end up trying HOTA/weapon throw or stay WW will make the difference in how much STR you can afford to have on your offhand, but you can easily pick up another 120+ along with more crit damage. Your health is also on the lower end which ends up hurting you for ubers. You would ideally want closer to 40k if you are trying MP9 ubers, along with more AR unbuffed as well to help. I would

Honestly, it would probably be best for you to pick up a new sword offhand with strength, crit damage, a socket, and MAYBE lifesteal if you can afford to, and try HOTA for ubers (the high damage of HOTA combined with the healing from lifesteal will make you able to last much longer). The good thing about HOTA for ubers is that you do can be really aggressive with your damage and fall back on your lifesteal healing as a backup. You may even want to throw a purple gem in your helm during ubers to give you more health. With WOTB/Battle rage up, your hammer hits will heal you for around 11k per second, which is pretty huge for your health pool. I would use something similar to http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#ZkiPRa!ZYd!ZcbcYY as a build for ubers as it is still pretty offensive, but has some defense in there. Now for that build, you can swap out ignore pain for Overpower-Crushing advance (30% less damage taken for 4 seconds, cooldown of the ability reduces on crits) for your snap defensive move, and it is awesome in its own right due to how you can basically keep the buff active 100% of the time. You can really change ignore pain to whatever defensive cooldown you want as they are all pretty decent (the other runes for ignore pain are good too), Now you will have to go through getting 5 stacks of NV as that spec, but it shouldn't be a huge problem.
    1. http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Ninthflipper-2740/hero/3443283

2. I play Double tornado WW Barb, quick and efficient. I haven't tried other builds, however i have tried playing around with the WW build itself, as in testing different runes/passives etc.

3. Exact level doesn't really matter. I mainly play to farm Paragon levels, but that is getting quite boring. So now, my goal is to be able to make Hellfire rings and to farm them efficiently. So that would mean MP5 or higher without dying constantly.

4. I play on MP0, great for farming and leveling, but boring overall. It feels like my dps is okay for higher MP's, but that my defenses are lacking. I already changed some gear (IK 2-set for example) but i still feel quite squishy on MP3+. Also i have problems keeping WotB up, might be because of mobs dying too fast, but i don't know really.

5. My gold fluctuates like a yoyo (anywhere between 0-25mil at any given time), And with the EU AH being as unstable as can be, its quite hard to sell stuff at the moment. However if theres is something i want to farm/work for, i do it (as long as its not insane 300mil+ items)

6. Ultimate goal is to solo ubers/high MPs without it taking forever, being able to make Hellfire rings for all my alts and eventually get to paragon 80+.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes