Offer barbarian check - gear & skill

Sorry. Now I don't have enough time for all requests.
    I'm working on a basic ww/rltw guid, which should help many people.
    If I have time I will only pick up the most interesting requests.

My WW / RLTW (Tornado) Basic Guide is finished. I hope this will help some of you. In the next days I will add a 2nd part about start gear.

I will try to give as much information about gear and skill as possible, but therefore I need following information.

1. link to charakter profile
    2. which specc do you play? are you exposed to play another specc?
    3. which Monster Power do you want to play and what do you want to do? (detailed pls)
    4.what's your problems now? what do you want improve?
    5. what's your budget to change your items?
    6. what's your final goal?

Occasionally I will make a very detailed analysis, if there is a very interesting example, which I will also post on my blog http://tazeon.blogspot.co.at/

slayervedran - to less information
    Deceiver - done
    Nitrak - done
    BatuKMan - done
    toggi86 - done
    Belthien - done
    Kastor - done
    Zmain - done
    feydin235 - done
    Owaze- done
    andarus - done
    fallactic - done
    TicklishCorn - done
    Verius - done
    Cizar39 - done
    crazyboy88 - done
    moztro - done by Fallactic
    whorebeast - done
    Blotsch - done
    cying247
    Pris
    monkey2211
    Wetzeb
    Thrinis - done by Fallactic
    captaincha0s
    PInarello
    Zillionhz
    calibrono
    Candymancan - done by Fallactic
    veiga
    ninthflipper
    mattrv
    Hjorvarth
    deth
    Puffymuffin
    slayer#21546

ubers mp 8 ,farming paragons mp 0

thinking about dw with echo or skorning as i am atm
    need opinions
    i have got nothing against god ,it is his funclub i cant stand !
    1. link to charakter profile. Deceiver#1150 http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Deceiver-1150/hero/15379918
    2. which specc do you play? are you exposed to play another specc? WW is the only spec i have played currently.
    3. which Monster Power do you want to play and what do you want to do? MP 8 or higher
    4.what's your problems now? what do you want improve? Seem to be a tad bit squishy when getting hit by elites, survivability
    5. what's your budget to change your items? 150m roughly
    6. what's your final goal? To be able to run mp 8 or higher without difficulty
    1. link to charakter profile http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Nitrak-2658/hero/272600
    2. which specc do you play? are you exposed to play another specc? http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#acXSRk!YdZ!ZZaZac - Yes, although atm with my low survivability i need the lifesteel of rend to survive
    3. which Monster Power do you want to play and what do you want to do? (detailed pls) - Atm i can easily manage MP3-4 and i can DO MP8, and i would like to be able to do MP8 comfortably.
    4.what's your problems now? what do you want improve? - My survivability really suffers - My damage is fine
    5. what's your budget to change your items? - Kinda low - Just restarted the game and went from only doing MP1 to this gear in 3-4 days, so dont think about budget, just dont think 100mill imba items :)
    6. what's your final goal? - To be able to comfortably doing MP8-10, while still having a bit of challenge and fun there.
    "If everything is under control, you are going too slow."
    - Mario Andretti
    Hi Tazeon,

1. Link: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/BatuKMan-2108/hero/21692210

2. I play with standard WW barb for MP5 key farming and with WW replacing WoTB/War Cry with OverPower (Crushing Advance)/Furious Charge (Merciless Assault) for efficient farming in MP1.

3. I play MP5 for key farming which I can survive without problems, I can still survive in MP6 to 98% of the elites but it takes me too long to kill elite packs. I feel that farming in MP1 also doesn't give me enough legendary per hour.

4. Mainly I would like to be able to do MP7 or MP8 key farming and also boost my normal farming MP3 (Alkaizer run) with the same efficiency (same time to clear MP3 than MP1).

5. I have 60 Million for now to upgrade.

6. To get the best gear possible to own everything :-D

Thx for the help.
    Quote from Deceiver

1. link to charakter profile. Deceiver#1150 http://us.battle.net...0/hero/15379918
    2. which specc do you play? are you exposed to play another specc? WW is the only spec i have played currently.
    3. which Monster Power do you want to play and what do you want to do? MP 8 or higher
    4.what's your problems now? what do you want improve? Seem to be a tad bit squishy when getting hit by elites, survivability
    5. what's your budget to change your items? 150m roughly
    6. what's your final goal? To be able to run mp 8 or higher without difficulty

It would be interesting to know, which monster power you can play now with no problems.

Skills #1.
    You play with 4 pieces of IK set and have the passive Unforgiving.
    Do you really need both to maintain wotb?
    I dont think so or you must change your playstyle. a little bite.

Get a defensive passive (Tough as Nails or Nerves of Steel) or Bloodthirst.

Skills #2.
    Change War Cry (Impunity) to Overpower (Crushing Advance).
    It leads to more survibility. If you play in group, make it dependent if your friends need it or not.

Gear #1.
    Your biggest problem is the high fear effect of your echoing fury, this will reduce your real dps a lot on high monster power. This loose of dps you can't see in the charakter screen or any calculator.

Normally I would suggest to compensate the fear with a Soj with Cold Damage, but I think 19,5% chance to fear is a way to high.

You should rethink your wepaon choice in general, what do you want or give a cheap SoJ a try.

Gear #2.
    Indepandant from the problem in Gear#1 (the high fear effect) I would suggest a Stone of Jordan for higher Monster Power. Also if you have a ef with low fear in the mainhand you should try a Stone of Jordan. This will helps a lot against elites.

Gear #3
    Your amulet is one of the items, which you can upgrade, if you want stay with your weapons, but this will take all your money.
    Quote from Nitrak

1. link to charakter profile http://eu.battle.net...658/hero/272600
    2. which specc do you play? are you exposed to play another specc? http://eu.battle.net...XSRk!YdZ!ZZaZac - Yes, although atm with my low survivability i need the lifesteel of rend to survive
    3. which Monster Power do you want to play and what do you want to do? (detailed pls) - Atm i can easily manage MP3-4 and i can DO MP8, and i would like to be able to do MP8 comfortably.
    4.what's your problems now? what do you want improve? - My survivability really suffers - My damage is fine
    5. what's your budget to change your items? - Kinda low - Just restarted the game and went from only doing MP1 to this gear in 3-4 days, so dont think about budget, just dont think 100mill imba items :)
    6. what's your final goal? - To be able to comfortably doing MP8-10, while still having a bit of challenge and fun there.

Skills
    Maybe try to switch some skil. Try my keyfarmer build, which also plays with a 2hander.
    This build is very good for higher monster power and if it's fun for you, you can also play on lower mp with it. I don't like it on lower mp, because the playstyle is to slow.

Skills
    Guide

Gear

Main Problem
    Changing the skills will help a lot, but your main problem is your very low Life. If you playing a melee charakter and especially with a 2hand weapon, therefore you need much more life.

The fastest solution is to change all your strength gems to vitality gems.

Gear #1
    new skorn
    same or higher dps
    strength >290
    critical hit chance >180%
    high vitality

Gear #2
    Change your ring #1
    For Farming exp you should get a hellfire ring with strength or vitality if you can't or won't change your other items.
    This will reduce your dps a lot but it's very efficient to farm exp.

Gear #3
    Change your ring #2
    For higher monster power I would suggest a stone of jordan.

Gear#4
    Your pants looks fine, but on pants you can get the most vitality and thats your mainproblem.
    Therefore I would change it to rare pants with
    vitality >200
    all resistance >70
    socket 2
    and if you can afford with strength

Gear#5
    If you don't want to change your pants or still have not enough life, change your amulet.
    Get an amulet with
    high vitality >150+
    crit chance 9%
    ias or crit damage
    if you can afford wtih strength or a socket

Gems
    You should buy a Radiant Star Emerald for your Weapon and a Radiant Star Ruby for your Helm.
    All other gems should be Star Quality.

Hope this helps!
    h ttp://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/toggii-2871/hero/12778053 (Can´t post url)
    play HOTA now, open to other specs
    3. which Monster Power do you want to play and what do you want to do?
    want to paragon farm on MP0/Mp1 and run uber/keys on MP7+
    survivability/dps
    got about 30mills atm

btw, self found gear.. and I use nat´s ring, and Radiant star jewels from DH to get ias and 7%cc. And i'm open to switch to 2x1h

edit: also have unity ring(str,300+loh),depth diggers and blackthornes pants in stash,
    1. link to charakter profile: h ttp://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Belthien-2366/hero/10866282
    2. which specc do you play? are you exposed to play another specc?: ww spec, open to play others
    3. which Monster Power do you want to play and what do you want to do? (detailed pls): farm paragon on mp0 solo and mp1 with a wd friend
    4.what's your problems now? what do you want improve?: damage, (only ever die on mp0/1 due to lag), just dont know what piece would be the biggest upgrade for my gold
    5. what's your budget to change your items?: only 20 mil :(
    6. what's your final goal?: get a tonne of damage and get high paragon while still not being worried about survivability
    Quote from BatuKMan

Hi Tazeon,

1. Link: http://eu.battle.net...8/hero/21692210

2. I play with standard WW barb for MP5 key farming and with WW replacing WoTB/War Cry with OverPower (Crushing Advance)/Furious Charge (Merciless Assault) for efficient farming in MP1.

3. I play MP5 for key farming which I can survive without problems, I can still survive in MP6 to 98% of the elites but it takes me too long to kill elite packs. I feel that farming in MP1 also doesn't give me enough legendary per hour.

4. Mainly I would like to be able to do MP7 or MP8 key farming and also boost my normal farming MP3 (Alkaizer run) with the same efficiency (same time to clear MP3 than MP1).

5. I have 60 Million for now to upgrade.

6. To get the best gear possible to own everything :-D

Thx for the help.

You have two goals.
    Farm mp3 with same speed as mp1. Therefore you must double up your dps.
    I don't recommend it to farm solo higher then mp2 if you want max expierence, but I understand what you mean want.

I don't know if your items in your profile are these which you use to farm mp1.
    You don't use ruby in helm or a hellfire ring. Aren't you interested in leveling paragon? Or are you only interested in farming items?
    If you only are interested in farming items, it's ok to don't use a hellfire ring or no ruby.

You have too much life for a ww/rltw barbarian.
    Your armor and all resistance is very high.
    First of all your charakter sheet dps is not important. I hope you know the basic about this specc.
    If not you can read this. Sprint RLTW (Tornado) tick frequency mechanics

Items:

1. Change your rare Ring
    For higher monster power
    Stone of Jordan with high damage against elite, you don't need a barbarian ring.

For lower monster power
    for exp - Hellfire Ring
    else - rare with crit >5%, crit damage, avg damage, strength

2. Change your chest
    Buy an IK Chest with as much Strength as possible, depends on how much you would like to spent for one item.

3.Upgrade your emeralds in weapon to Radiant Star Emerald
    This will cost you 40-60 mio. (Don't know the prices now)

Skills:
    Passiv - Nerves of Steel
    I would change it to Bloodthirst on higher monster power or Unforgiving on lower monster power.

Furthermore I would maintain wotb on higher monster power. There it is much more easier to maintain 100% wotb uptime.
    You can only decide if you want change War Cry for Overpower. Overpower leads in most situation to a better survibility.

In General there is to say, you have many good items with very good survibility (all resistance, armor, life). Now it's very expensive to upgrade these without loosing to much survibility, but for farming mp1 you don't need this much survibility. For example upgrading to lacuni prowlers with crit. Then you will loose all resistance, armor and vitality, which should be no problem.
    profile: http://us.battle.net...2/hero/27778846

WW build that is actually on profile with furious charge and overpower momentum, to generate more fury for alkaizer mp0. (by no way i can maintain WOTB at all time) hota-rend for uber.

Mp 0 for alkaizer run, aiming for higher mp when doing ubers and key runs solo. aiming some ez mp8

I have problem trying to improve my dps without killing my survivability.

Budget Around 100M. (can get a longer term goal too, just have no clue what to improve that isnt in billion goal.)

Final goal is to increase effiency on key run and ubers, increasing my dps without kiling my survivability.

(I wear those firewalkers for the pickup radius. I have some low climbers (170ish) and I have lacunis. (Theres likes no difference in resist nor dps wearing this combo or climber+lacunis)

EDIT: The dps currently shown is battle cry on. Real dps should be 144k
    Re-EDIT (lol): switching some item for ubers, I go down to 135k dps and get more resist and around 42k hp.)
    Hello, I was looking for something similar. Mind that I play in HC mode.

1. http://eu.battle.net/d3/profile/zmain-2515/hero/21904147
    2. I play WW spec, and I wish to go on using this spec.
    3. I want to do mp0 for xp runs and be able to (perhaps using alternative gear) do ubers upto mp5 to start with.
    4.My problem is that it feels unsecure to play the barb (remember hc? :D) I appear to have some OK gear and some not so fine gear, just jailer/frozen packs appear to hurt me. Current state, I keep wotb for those packs which kinda sucks, I rather keep the wotb with thrive on chaos rune or *insert random suggestion*
    5. I have around 70 mil budget, not sure if u are aware of EU hc prices, but direct me to a general direction and I'll be happy.
    6. Not die to reach paragon 100 :D
    - eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Max-2343/hero/1648400

- WW build for Alakzier runs on MP2, Build in Profile for Party Play, HotA for Ubers.

3. which Monster Power do you want to play and what do you want to do? (detailed pls)
    - Farmin XP on MP2, doing regular farms on 8. Dont have survivability problems on 10, but slow on speed kill.

I really dont have problems with any builds, so i dont need any advise on that, thx :) I want to upgrade and seem to have a problem. If you inspect my profile: current amulet and rings are equipped only for farming. I have pieces for that slot to increase dps by 30k dps, some life and allres.

Problem 1: the weapon. I want to replace my skorn with 2 onehanders, but its hard to find a weapon which ist in budget. I have an offhand IIRC (Spear, 980dps, 70%chd, 124 str, 100vit, 2,3%ls, socket) which is not best, but decent. Maybe you have an advice which not means to buy a 1billion overpriced echoing?

Problem 2: I want to replace my bad IK belt with an witching hour. To do that, i need to replace my gloves to keep the IK set bonus AND i also need to compensate the loss of 3% ls or should 3% ls be enough if i increase my dps by another 20k from the witching hour? Also replacing my gloves will be expensive also :(

Maybe you have some ideas that fit into my budget. Rings and Amulet dont need your attention, i have replacements for that slots.

- At the moment around 150m.

6. what's your final goal?
    World domination :D

Thanks for your work!
    Quote from Belthien

1. link to charakter profile: h ttp://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Belthien-2366/hero/10866282
    2. which specc do you play? are you exposed to play another specc?: ww spec, open to play others
    3. which Monster Power do you want to play and what do you want to do? (detailed pls): farm paragon on mp0 solo and mp1 with a wd friend
    4.what's your problems now? what do you want improve?: damage, (only ever die on mp0/1 due to lag), just dont know what piece would be the biggest upgrade for my gold
    5. what's your budget to change your items?: only 20 mil :(
    6. what's your final goal?: get a tonne of damage and get high paragon while still not being worried about survivability

First what I want to say to your goal. You can reach high paragon also with bad gear. Farmign mp0 / mp1 leads in the most cases to the most exp / hour.

You have too much life, good all resistance and good loh.
    With higher damage, we will change loh to life steal, but to come to this point will take longer.
    Your strength is very low.

Items:
    Change BulKathos Ring with Hellfire Ring
    Also a bad Hellfire Ring with only 200 Str and with minimum one of these dps stats like crit damage, crit chance, ias, socket, average damage.

new offhand, equal stats + strength
    dagger
    > 700 loh
    > 60 crit hit damage
    1 socket
    >150 strength
    buyout maximum 2mio

Try to get a new rare chest:
    >180 str
    3 sockets
    buyout maximum 1mio

or spent your money to buy an IK Chest with high strength 160+

Then you must save your gold for further upgrades.
    These should be lacunis with high crit, or low crit and strength.
    Then upgrade your gems in weapons to radiant star emeralds.
    Quote from Kastor

profile: http://us.battle.net...2/hero/27778846

WW build that is actually on profile with furious charge and overpower momentum, to generate more fury for alkaizer mp0. (by no way i can maintain WOTB at all time) hota-rend for uber.

Mp 0 for alkaizer run, aiming for higher mp when doing ubers and key runs solo. aiming some ez mp8

I have problem trying to improve my dps without killing my survivability.

Budget Around 100M. (can get a longer term goal too, just have no clue what to improve that isnt in billion goal.)

Final goal is to increase effiency on key run and ubers, increasing my dps without kiling my survivability.

(I wear those firewalkers for the pickup radius. I have some low climbers (170ish) and I have lacunis. (Theres likes no difference in resist nor dps wearing this combo or climber+lacunis)

EDIT: The dps currently shown is battle cry on. Real dps should be 144k
    Re-EDIT (lol): switching some item for ubers, I go down to 135k dps and get more resist and around 42k hp.)

For mp8 keyfarm runs I would suggest my guide in my signature, if you like that playstyle.
    Therefore get following items:
    skorn with high dps and vitality,
    rare pants with high vitality, all resistance, 2 socket
    your lacuni prowlers and
    a stone of jordan.

to increase your damage is very difficult.
    You must upgrade 3 items at once and they are really expensive:

ice climbers with movement speed
    lacuni prowlers with crit and strength or vitality or all resistance
    rare pants with 2 socket, pick up radius, vitality, strength, all resistance

Sorry for this bad news, but you are already good equipped. :)
    Quote from Tazeon

I don't know if your items in your profile are these which you use to farm mp1.
    You don't use ruby in helm or a hellfire ring. Aren't you interested in leveling paragon? Or are you only interested in farming items?
    If you only are interested in farming items, it's ok to don't use a hellfire ring or no ruby.
    Yes it's the gear I use to farm both MP1 and key rings.

Items:

2. Change your chest
    Buy an IK Chest with as much Strength as possible, depends on how much you would like to spent for one item.
    I would like to buy an IK chest but they are very expensive.

3.Upgrade your emeralds in weapon to Radiant Star Emerald
    This will cost you 40-60 mio. (Don't know the prices now).
    Last time I checked they were 39 million each,

Skills:
    Passiv - Nerves of Steel
    I would change it to Bloodthirst on higher monster power or Unforgiving on lower monster power.

Furthermore I would maintain wotb on higher monster power. There it is much more easier to maintain 100% wotb uptime.
    You can only decide if you want change War Cry for Overpower. Overpower leads in most situation to a better survibility.

In General there is to say, you have many good items with very good survibility (all resistance, armor, life). Now it's very expensive to upgrade these without loosing to much survibility, but for farming mp1 you don't need this much survibility. For example upgrading to lacuni prowlers with crit. Then you will loose all resistance, armor and vitality, which should be no problem.

First thanks for the help. The last phrase you've written covers pretty well my main problem, which is I can't upgrade without compromising a lot because the items which are not a compromise are ridiculous expensive.
    Quote from Zmain

Hello, I was looking for something similar. Mind that I play in HC mode.

1. http://eu.battle.net...5/hero/21904147
    2. I play WW spec, and I wish to go on using this spec.
    3. I want to do mp0 for xp runs and be able to (perhaps using alternative gear) do ubers upto mp5 to start with.
    4.My problem is that it feels unsecure to play the barb (remember hc? :D) I appear to have some OK gear and some not so fine gear, just jailer/frozen packs appear to hurt me. Current state, I keep wotb for those packs which kinda sucks, I rather keep the wotb with thrive on chaos rune or *insert random suggestion*
    5. I have around 70 mil budget, not sure if u are aware of EU hc prices, but direct me to a general direction and I'll be happy.
    6. Not die to reach paragon 100 :D

I'm not familiar with hc, but I see one problem.
    how do you get your life back?
    you have 3% ll with belt, but your damage is to low.
    I would suggest loh, because you play with shield you can't get it from offhand, therefore you need it from your amulet or other items, like blackthorns pants.

I don't know if you want to play with 2x 1 hander or is this too risky for you.

For low mp farming I can also suggest my Thunder build.

HotA build with rune Thunderstrike
    The stun will help you a lot in survivability and then you can play maybe with 2x 1hander.

If you want to upgrade your gear, I would suggest IK Belt and Boots for more all resistance.

For ubers or farming keys on higher monster power, maybe you level a 2nd barbarian for this activity, if you die then you only loose your items and not your leveled paragon barbarian.

Sorry for this short analysis, but don't have experience with hardcore to give you better advises.
    1. link to charakter profile ht tp://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Owaze-1639/hero/3977239
    2. which specc do you play? are you exposed to play another specc? WW Spec willing to play anything.
    3. which Monster Power do you want to play and what do you want to do? (detailed pls) Paragon / Farm MP Any
    4.what's your problems now? what do you want improve? Run out of Fury constantly Want to kill anf make my runs faster. I have problem trying to improve my dps without killing my survivability.
    5. what's your budget to change your items? 50 Million
    6. what's your final goal? Quicker farming runs
    1. http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Hadley-2309/hero/244670
    2. WW right now but I liked my Rend Specc I played before.
    3. What gives me best Loot/XP. Have to improve my Gear for 1.0.7 it seems.
    4. Need more DPS for 1.0.7.
    6. World Domination! :D
    http://eu.battle.net...1/hero/12778053
    play HOTA now, open to other specs
    3. which Monster Power do you want to play and what do you want to do?
    want to paragon farm on MP0/Mp1 and run uber/keys on MP7+
    survivability/dps
    got about 30mill
    what's your final goal?To being able to run ubers at higher MP
    note: I have radiant star emerald an DH which I switch between dh and barb
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes