Got 250 mil to spend and need help please :)

Hello,
    my friend quit playing diablo and gave me his money, 250 million.

I would like to spend it on my barb, but I'm not sure where to start, so please help me :)

I would use the items primary for paragon leveling alkaizer mp1.

battletag: pago#2414 , my barb :)

thanks a lot :)
    Better helm, better chest,better shoulders,better belt. You lack resistances
    first get better gems for your weapons and head.

it looks like you are doing quite fine alkazier runs, but you can upgrade many pieces of your gear.
    get a 2nd piece from the ik set this will increase your resistance.
    I would buy an IK helm with 3% ll

your ef for the mainhand have to high fear, this means you lose real dps, which you can't see in screen dps.

I would switch your ef into the offhand and get a high dps (>1200) mace for mainhand with a socket.
    id buy a Vile Ward with 200+ str and vit, Lacuni bracers with 5% crit and str, an achoing fury with 1150 dps, socket and str, a butchers sickle with 900 dps str and socket, get and andariels with socket 150+ str with low % fire i would get weapons gem 100% and helm 31% and the rest should be 54+ atleast.
    check out my barb for gearing options http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/GRIEFER-1647/hero/27598070
    Quote from Griefs

id buy a Vile Ward with 200+ str and vit, Lacuni bracers with 5% crit and str, an achoing fury with 1150 dps, socket and str, a butchers sickle with 900 dps str and socket, get and andariels with socket 150+ str with low % fire i would get weapons gem 100% and helm 31% and the rest should be 54+ atleast.

wow it is interesting the different ways people can play the game. You know you can get rares that have way better stats than most of those for fractions of the costs? Lacuni's are so overpriced its ridiculous and you can get shoulders that are comparable to vile's for way less.

I would stay away from most of the legendaries and try to find good deals on rares. Lately it seems everyone is so focused on getting legendaries that better rares are dropping in price. Lacuni's are dominating bracers and if you don't mind skipping the movement speed you can get sick bracers for a lot less. Then put the rest of the money into weapons, echoing fury might actually be worth the money.
    Quote from Griefs

Bad advices. Do not buy a Vile Ward like that, rare shoulders are better and cheaper. Butchers Sickle is worse than a rare because it has max 55% CHD, but its not a bad weapon. Do not buy Andariels at all.

I know Aloys24 already said some of this, but i felt the need to add to it, so it's clearer which advice to follow.
    Also, try to increase you crit chance.
    there are better rare bracers than lacuni's, never knew rares came with + attack speed ? this i have to see or better rares than vile ward?
    i understand andariels isnt the best choice but it is the highest dps increase without spending 1 billion on mempo

lol you guys must be crazy or very poor.
    Quote from Griefs

there are better rare bracers than lacuni's, never knew rares came with + attack speed ? this i have to see or better rares than vile ward?
    i understand andariels isnt the best choice but it is the highest dps increase without spending 1 billion on mempo

lol you guys must be crazy or very poor.

There's no better bracer than Lacuni, that's correct. I personally advise Lacunis as well and i should have mentioned that in my previous post.
    Vile Ward however, has no special stat (no affix that rare doesn't have and no higher values either - this goes for barb only), which means a rare shoulder can have exactly same stats or better and it will be cheaper, so there's my point.

Andariel's is great dps obviously, but it has no defenses, except possibly the 1 random roll (but from the looks of it, the guy wants a red gem in helm), even worse - it has negative fire dmg. Sure you can get 5% but it's still lowering defenses against the most deadly element.
    Advising Andariel's to a guy with ~300 resists to gain 6.5k dps for a trade of 12% life, 80 resists and ~100 armor is simply not a good advise.

I own an Andariels for low MPs myslef, but it has 70 AR and i can afford the loss of a socket and hp. When he gets to that point too, then tell him to buy it.
    I dont think it will be most wise to spend all your gold right now since the new patch will be coming soon. Items might get changed in a way that will cause you to actually waste alot of your gold. I am personally saving up some gold and items that i might be able to sell after patch.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes