Barbs & Echoing Fury!

Hello there Barbarians of Diablofans.
    I've noticed a trend, is it? Most likely when you look at a high-end barbarian he is always carrying a Echoing Fury now it is a good weapon indeed but why does barbarian use it?

I have seen through AH yellow ones with better stats, CD and dps for less bucks than a Echoing. What's so special with Echoing? Is it the (0.25+ attacks)? If it is, why is that importnant?

I hope any of you has the answer I am searching. Be well!

Regards Tren
    From what I understand (i are nub) EF's increased attacks per second when held in OH will also increase the aps of a MH mace. Thus giving you more hits on ww and on your tornado ticks, increasing both dps and lifesteal/loh. I've heard you should try to get a cold soj to wear to minimize the effects of the fear tho. Someone please correct me if any of this is wrong lol.
    The attacks per sec affix is the most overpowered affix for any dual wielding class. Simply because it apply your other weapon aswell.
    Currently played toon:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rage-2973/hero/28310

Profit:
    Flipping/Sniping: 6577€
    I appreciate the quick replies guys.
    So theoritecal speaking, if Echoing Fury gives me 2k less dmg(the one in my stash) - does it actully give me minus 2k dps or due to the affix it gives more outside the whitesheet?

The attacks per sec affix is the most overpowered affix for any dual wielding class. Simply because it apply your other weapon aswell.

if this is the case, then you can bet that the next patch will fix this.
    Doe's it also give -2k dps if you use it as an offhand?

if this is the case, then you can bet that the next patch will fix this.

Why would it get "fixed" next patch? the affix has worked this way since the game released. If they wanted to nerf it, they would have done so ages ago.
    Currently played toon:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rage-2973/hero/28310

Profit:
    Flipping/Sniping: 6577€
    The whole idea of "+x attacks per second" is that it affects both weapons. If it didn't there would be no difference between this affix and the standard IAS that you see on weapons, so changing this affix wouldn't make sense at all, it's not broken, it's working as intended.

Also, some barbarians prefer an EF in the off-hand slot because this helps to negate the fear proc, and it can inflate character sheet dps if used with a strong main-hand. However, some barbarians use it as a main-hand with a fast dagger or sword in the off-hand, this combination makes for the fastest possible tornado ticks, but will result in more fear procs.

With EF in main-hand, tornados will proc fear, but in the offhand only 1/2 of whirlwind strikes has a chance to proc fear, and tornados won't proc at all.
    My Weapon Throw Barb uses this in main hand for the Fear procs. It helps keep some of the enemies at a distance when I am using Weapon Throw; and since I am Dual-Wielding The Three Hundredth Spear for extra Weapon Throw damage and the other tasty mods on it, I get 2 bonuses from Weapon Master (Crit Chance and Increased Attack Speed).
    As everyone said the +attacks per second is what makes EF so powerful especially for a ww/tornado barb since it lowers the +increased attack speed you need to reach the tornado tick breakpoints.
    For example I use an EF on off-hand with +0.25 attacks per second and i reach 26 tornado ticks with 33% attack speed from gear.
    If the weapon(mace) didnt have the +attack speed i would need 69% attack speed from gear to reach the same 26 tornado ticks.
    To make it even more clear if i use a dagger in offhand instead of my EF with the same stats (min,max,str,crit dmg,socket) i will loose more than 10% real damage on mobs.

PS: I dont recommend using an EF on MH as a tornado barb since it has less min-max than a regular mace with the same damage cause its a faster weapon and MH min-max is what counts on tornado damage.
    PS2: All numbers are calculated with a spreadsheet and are 100% accurate.

My Weapon Throw Barb uses this in main hand for the Fear procs. It helps keep some of the enemies at a distance when I am using Weapon Throw; and since I am Dual-Wielding The Three Hundredth Spear for extra Weapon Throw damage and the other tasty mods on it, I get 2 bonuses from Weapon Master (Crit Chance and Increased Attack Speed).

Weapon master only applies to your main hand...
    Working with adobe and/or java is like pushing a paper clip against a building and expecting it to move...

Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
    Final Fantasy 7

and since I am Dual-Wielding The Three Hundredth Spear for extra Weapon Throw damage and the other tasty mods on it, I get 2 bonuses from Weapon Master (Crit Chance and Increased Attack Speed).

Say what?
    I don't think that's the case.
    ef are overhyped. the attackspeed affix is definetly OP but it is balanced by having "fear" on it
    this affix makes the item worthelss. ur paper dps may be higher than x2 yellow axes, but when stuff is not clumped up/running from you, ur paper doll dps is not doign a thing. i dont put up with any ef's in my party. ill tell my friends (swap to a new wep or get out :P )

ef are overhyped. the attackspeed affix is definetly OP but it is balanced by having "fear" on it
    this affix makes the item worthelss. ur paper dps may be higher than x2 yellow axes, but when stuff is not clumped up/running from you, ur paper doll dps is not doign a thing. i dont put up with any ef's in my party. ill tell my friends (swap to a new wep or get out :P )

Well a good EF with low fear % used on offhand procs rarely, mine has 10% and i never had a fear prob. About the paper dps... well if u read my post above and u understand something about the tornado barb mechanics u ll see that its a very real damage boost.

PS: If u dont play tornado/ww spec then just ignore it since it doesnt apply to all specs :P
    yes, i used to be a diehard ww barb and understand the mechanics very well, now there a couple other builds i run at times. Anyways, yes, ef adds a ton for the ww spec, but if things are not grouped up, ur total dps is much lower.

as i havnt used an ef myself for long (was a 15%+ fear) i cannot say much about off hand chances with low% ect. but i can say whenever party members use it, i feel like the game got 10x more jaywilson on me and it pisses me off cuz monstors take forever to kill

yes, i used to be a diehard ww barb and understand the mechanics very well, now there a couple other builds i run at times. Anyways, yes, ef adds a ton for the ww spec, but if things are not grouped up, ur total dps is much lower.

as i havnt used an ef myself for long (was a 15%+ fear) i cannot say much about off hand chances with low% ect. but i can say whenever party members use it, i feel like the game got 10x more jaywilson on me and it pisses me off cuz monstors take forever to kill

I know what you are talking about my friends also had some low end ef with huge fear procs on MH. When combined all together it was a mess, but if u try it on OH u ll see the fear proc is much much lower. :)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes