WW Barb - global advices on gear etc.

Hey guys!

Blabla
    I just registered (diablofans.com/topic/80381-hi-all/) on the forums to get general direction on how to play my barb. I just resume the game after a break of 3 months and OMG what a change on the AH ...
    Being a casual+ class of player (5-15h of game per week) I can't compete with the MP5+ farmers but I still want to clear the game as much as possible at my own pace.

Before asking all sort of questions I read a few posts on about WW Barbs, no matter the budget.

Context
    So I play a WW Barb. Here is the beast : eu.battle.net/d3/fr/profile/Gamma-1209/hero/3187909
    Before my break I could only farm / run the Act1. The path I followed took me ~50mins per runs for 100k gold income.
    I resumed a few days ago and now I found out that I can farm Act2 (stack 5 NV in ~5mins and clean the Vault of Assassins) in ~20mins for 120-130k gold.

After a dozen runs and an Excel sheet, I roughly calculate that I will have 2 500k / week in order to gear up.

NB: I tried to clear the Vault of Assassin with MP1 and I don't die but it take me forever! Act3 is rough, I die sometime, but it takes even more time. So I'm stucked at Vault of Assassin MP-off.

Questions
    1. What do you think I should upgrade first ? I clearly can't make my mind so I started upgrading gems.
    2. At my level is it better to have a 2H or 2*1H ?
      1. In either case, can't you tell me what's the best choice for stats ? Socket or not ?

3. I read on some forums that I should keep a ratio of 1:10 between Amor and AR. Is it right ?

Hope you can help me ! I won't mind any explanations / hard critics or links to long texts since I'm looking for valuable info :).

I'm looking for "detailed" information (gear name if legendary, minimal stat to look for if you see a gear the must absolutely be upgraded, etc).

Gamma
    Hey mate!

First i would maybe upgrade weapons. Or put your axe to off hand and buy a new main hand weapon. Get a hard hitting mace to main hand with crit dmg, socket ( strenght). Main hand dps is more important because it effects on your sprints tornados. Life steal becomes better than life on hit soon as u get more dps.
    I think dual weild is the way to go.. some people do play WW with 2H weapon but i personally dont like it.

Second thing i would upgrade; gloves with crit chance, crit dmg, strenght. Attack speed is also good but it gets expensive if it has all of them. But crit chance is most important cos it effects on your fury generation.

Here's my barb if u want to check it out;http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Babu-2612/hero/1374437

-Babu
    Hi and thanks for the fast reply.

Quote from Babu
    First i would maybe upgrade weapons. Or put your axe to off hand and buy a new main hand weapon. Get a hard hitting mace to main hand with crit dmg, socket ( strenght). Main hand dps is more important because it effects on your sprints tornados. Life steal becomes better than life on hit soon as u get more dps.
    I think dual weild is the way to go.. some people do play WW with 2H weapon but i personally dont like it.

Yeah, I don't really like 2H neither. I guess my weapons will be upgraded first then. I just found a profile and I kinda think of being inspired by it eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Schnech-2700/hero/5117002
    Given your advise I guess I will ASAP :
    • Buy a cheap Echoing Fury (eu.battle.net/d3/en/item/echoing-fury) with 1000+ DPS and 200+ STR.
    • Put my current main off-hand with upgraded gem (or buy a cheap but slightly better weapon with better crit dmg and a socket.
    Then farm a few day in order to buy a higher tier of weapons and/or gloves as you adviced!

Thanks for the general info.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes