Just coming back - any advice?

Hey guys,

Just coming back from a few months off of playing Diablo, so I was wondering what the general trends/current good builds and skills are. Here is my current armory:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mallachor-1331/hero/828470

So far I've been going through Act 3, MP0 no problem with this setup, just wondering what I should be looking for in equipment, weapons, etc. I only have like 500k gold right now, not much to work with, but I would like to know what I should be gearing towards.

Thanks!
    should rename from Hodir to Brodir. Definitely a good swap.
    Bashiok - Blizzard Representative - 08/01/2011 -"So how many skill combinations are there now? Well taking into account 6 active skills, all the rune combinations, and 3 passives we currently expect each class to have roughly 2,285,814,795,264 different build combinations."

"Hey, I thought you'd like the witty irony of grub-on-glowie violence!"
    Wow classic tanky style barb , reminds of the good ol days - spamming the revenge key hehehe. :)

Welcome back , barb builds these days are fast and furious to maximize paragon and farm effectively . - Whirlwind , Hammer of the ancients , Throw builds and Rend builds are the most popular at the moment. All have 1 thing in common - Speed both from equipment and the Sprint skill.

Look to upgrade movement speed , crit chance , crit hit damage.
    Life steal works well once you start building up your dps - Barbs can use life steal from the passive , belts and weapons.
    Hellfire ring can provide useful stats depending on the proc - also 35% bonus xp which is nice for paragon farming.
    Some extra vitality and around 400-500 all res should be more than enough for mp0 -mp1 .

You are basically looking to increase damage and kill faster as "sword and board" isnt really needed for low level paragon farming.

Good luck and have fun out there :)
    Pretty nice round-up. If you are more of a tank minded player, the Rend with WOTB+spenders to keep it up by the +1sec rune coulb be your fav combo. But you need to gear up with res all.

Check the AH, you are going to be amazed by the cheap gear. I just checked yesterday the stats of a chest armor I sold in the RMAH for a good money and are ridic by today standards. Those blue rings, OMG, those were some weird times.

You are gonna have fun.
    WotB is overrated, especially after 1.0.5
    Quote from manticore_2542

Wow classic tanky style barb , reminds of the good ol days - spamming the revenge key hehehe. :)

Welcome back , barb builds these days are fast and furious to maximize paragon and farm effectively . - Whirlwind , Hammer of the ancients , Throw builds and Rend builds are the most popular at the moment. All have 1 thing in common - Speed both from equipment and the Sprint skill.

Look to upgrade movement speed , crit chance , crit hit damage.
    Life steal works well once you start building up your dps - Barbs can use life steal from the passive , belts and weapons.
    Hellfire ring can provide useful stats depending on the proc - also 35% bonus xp which is nice for paragon farming.
    Some extra vitality and around 400-500 all res should be more than enough for mp0 -mp1 .

You are basically looking to increase damage and kill faster as "sword and board" isnt really needed for low level paragon farming.

Good luck and have fun out there :)

Haha, thanks. Yeah, I've been having fun even with the old build, Inferno is SO much easier now. But I can see how I am going a little slow, considering how easy it is.

Could I get a couple links to popular/standard/generic builds? Not wanting to carbon copy, but to get an idea of the current meta.
    Welcome back man :-) its bringing back some memmories matching the old tank build tbh, but great to hear that you are back in the game again.

Regarding links:
    Regarding paragon farming you should go for the "alkaizer route" with a ww build, if you have a look on either google or youtube, then there are tons of videos that will be able to help you out :-)
    Regering gear setup and skill builds, then you are more than welcome to look at my barb, my battletag is karaz#2866, im not the best geared barb kuttere but i hope that it might help you seeing the big picture :-) keep in mind im playing on eu

I Hope that i was able to help you out a bit.

Best regards

Karaz
    Thanks guys! I appreciate all the advice, always happy to hear more!
    5 things will fit any build ... strength, crit hit, crit damg, all res, & speed. Prices are LOW on the AH if you're looking to buy, but with the good loot drops nowadays you can probably find your own upgrades in a day or two.
    What's a good health and res. that I should be at, before focusing more on the damage stats?
    It really depends on what kind of build you have/want/use. For MP0 (or 1 or 2) IMO you don't really need to focus on those so much ... if you can 1-shot anything except elites then no worries :)
    nmitty 1.0.5 budget barb guide for gearing. give you a very good base layout what should you go for and how to choose your pieces. he use ww build which most barb use and with his guide u can farm mp1-2 quite easily
    You should get a good dagger as offhand with a socket + lifesteal/life on hit, and maybe some strength. That makes your WW/Run like the wind damage VERY high.
    Made some changes to gear and skills - any advice on what to upgrade next with about 1mil? I still feel pretty squishy in MP1, trying to do the Alk route.

Here is my armory link:

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Mallachor-1331/hero/828470
    farm. a3. mp0. dude.
    best efficiency
    moar legendaries (quality is the same)
    moar XP
    lower survi requirements
    lower dps requirements
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes