Help for transition from 2H Skorn to Dual Wielding (Both WW and WT)

Hi!

Been using a 2H Skorn recently but I've been earing to try different builds, more than pure efficiency in doing Alkhaizer runs I look forward to change my playstyle regularly to make the game experience less boring and more fresh.

Here's my profile: http://eu.battle.net...68/hero/1817479

Got 2 weapons equipped which seem adequate in an off-hand role for two different builds. 300 spear as off-hand for a WT build and the Mighty Weapon for WW due to big regen (LoH and LS) plus Crit Dmg and Atk Speed. Correct me if I'm wrong about this matter.

Because of the stated above I'm looking for a nice weapon that could be a good MH for both builds (WW and WT). I've around 130M, but would not like to waste much more than 50M here. I guess that a slow mace or axe are the only viable options here for Weapons Master passive and to boost skills damage due to big base Weapon Damage. Within this budget, what options are available to me? Crit Hit Damage + Socket + which DPS? Should I look for anything else?

I'm willing to go over this budget for a significant upgrade, but above a certain threshold the price goes up so much for just a marginal upgrade value. I'm essentially looking for a good weapon in that sweet spot. I do not know much about 1handers that's why I'm looking for help.

I'd appreciate any input, thank you.
    Quote from Bulk

Hi!

Been using a 2H Skorn recently but I've been earing to try different builds, more than pure efficiency in doing Alkhaizer runs I look forward to change my playstyle regularly to make the game experience less boring and more fresh.

Here's my profile: http://eu.battle.net...68/hero/1817479

Got 2 weapons equipped which seem adequate in an off-hand role for two different builds. 300 spear as off-hand for a WT build and the Mighty Weapon for WW due to big regen (LoH and LS) plus Crit Dmg and Atk Speed. Correct me if I'm wrong about this matter.

Because of the stated above I'm looking for a nice weapon that could be a good MH for both builds (WW and WT). I've around 130M, but would not like to waste much more than 50M here. I guess that a slow mace or axe are the only viable options here for Weapons Master passive and to boost skills damage due to big base Weapon Damage. Within this budget, what options are available to me? Crit Hit Damage + Socket + which DPS? Should I look for anything else?

I'm willing to go over this budget for a significant upgrade, but above a certain threshold the price goes up so much for just a marginal upgrade value. I'm essentially looking for a good weapon in that sweet spot. I do not know much about 1handers that's why I'm looking for help.

I'd appreciate any input, thank you.

For WW especially, you would want a mace in the mainhand with crit damage, socket, and the highest DPS you can get (realistically its top end damage, as DPS is just the average of the damage range). Attack speed is nice, but you want the highest top end damage that you can get for the mainhand dps wise. IF you can afford to, attack speed is really nice, but usually makes higher dps weapons nearly unaffordable. A well rolled EF wouldnt be bad for either build, but would probably be far over budget.

For WW, you really want a faster offhand than the 1.3 mighty weapons (even though yours has IAS). A dagger with high stats is much better than a slower weapon with more dps on it. For WW, the dps of the offhand doesnt matter, so you would look for the highest str, CD, LS/LOH you can with a socket.
    1) Why the speed of off-hand is so important if DPS is neglible for WW build?

2) Echoing Fury seems to be a pain because of the Fear effect, is it not?
    Quote from Bulk

The speed is important for WW because the speed at which the tornadoes tick at depends on the last weapon swung, which with a dagger, it ticks much much faster.

EF is indeed annoying for the fear, but the increased speed mitigates that as well as the fact that you can get one with a lower chance to fear. I dont use EF mainly due to how a good one is more than I wish to spend right now.
    Quote from Bulk

2. Thats why i bought new weapon for main hand and put echo for offhand.. i see so much less fearing now. I think its because main hand effects on tornados so now tornados doesnt proc fear effect. Anyways i wont change echoing fury for anything anymore.. love it!
    imo as boaring as it may be your skorn is good go back ww and keep smashing face.
    Well, if it's boring then why are you playing a >>game:P
    I'm trying to switch my spec because of this reason - WW is just plain boring.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes