WW Barb Cant Survive MP1

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Plasmic-2506/hero/3217350

ok so i recently changed into a sort of WW build from a thread here on the forums:

http://www.diablofans.com/topic/77156-2hand-ww-barb-speed-build-80mhour-6-7min-clears/

i only had 25 million to spend + 2 items in my bank that i could use so my gear is not "great"

however when i run on MP1 almost every single champion pack has basically oneshot me... now i know im not a tankbuild anymore but...

its really wierd going from being able to handle MP6 as tank to not being able to solo MP1 without dying constantly..

should i make any changes to my skills or is my gear just terrible?

need help because now i spent all this gold and its going shit basically...
    "I died in HC and ill have you know i only cried for 20 hours!"
    Your HP and resists/armor are enough for mp1 and higher. My guess is not enough healing. LoH doesnt work well with a 2h, unless you have lots of AS and LS doesn't work well because your dps is low.

Solution - go dual wield or 150kdps with 2h.
    Side note - use Ruthless and possibly Bloodthrist - thought it might result in a fury problem. Maybe even Bloodlust on Rend, but then you have to 'aim' it a bit more precicesly.

This is assuming you want to play this build and not change its core (although goign DW is quite a change). It might get a bit awkward though till you upgrade. If you really want to play this build you absolutely need more dps and possibly LS. With your current gear however, classic WW build works fine on higher MPs as well.
    Your gear surely is enough for MP1, could even handle MP5 or 6 easily in my eyes. Your build is a bit weird though, without a reliable fury generator what can you do when caught with low fury and leap on CD? I'd suggest you drop leap for Bash/Instigation, drop rend for either Warcry or WOTB. WOTB is particularly useful when you meet combos with a lot of CC abilities such as jailer, frozen, fear etc etc. Jailor is particularly bad because it hurts your fury generation. The build in the thread you linked used Furious Charge/Merciless assault, that actually can be a reliable fury generator because it resets CD if you hit 5-6 mobs but leaps could not. However I don't think that build gonna do any good if you couldn't kill stuffs fast enough, it is pwned or be pwned situation.
    First thing I would say is you only have 1900ish Str.. Everyone I have heard from says you need over 2k strength only other thing I can think of is your rsistances aren't High enough but I'm by no means a expert far from it infact as I just got to 60 and doing alot less then you in DPS where is your Life steal?
    Quote from sarge26

Your build is a bit weird though, without a reliable fury generator what can you do when caught with low fury and leap on CD?

You probably didnt read the topic he got this build from. It does work, Fury is generated from Unforgiving + IK5set and Animosity boosts overall fury and leap is a 10sec generator too, so is OP if it crits and procs ItF....
    But i do agree he should play a different spec. He took on a build that he doesn't have gear for and expects it to work because it was in a video :)
    go for mp0 bro, this spec is for speedrunning - best speedrunning is on mp0 and u still can reach 100m xp/h there (drop doesn't change since all mobs in a3 are 63lv anyway), but for that you would need to oneshot elites with rend and have maximum XP bonus (w/ leoric, hellfire RS ruby, follower hellfire)
    just take away some vit to get more dps(so low STR dude), if elites are dying faster you're gaining more survi as a result (35k hp is decent enough)

ps: get average dmg+cc on rings, atk speed doesn't even affect rend and 9%+encha aura is enough to sustain your fury with all this passive generation+leap
    Changed a bit now, im using 2x 1H instead im down to 52k dps only tho.... but i have 3% LS and 2370 LOH... fury is never a problem with this build so far but i might change anyway cause i cba rending all the time.

guess i just have to get used to it
    "I died in HC and ill have you know i only cried for 20 hours!"
    Quote from Turtel

Quote from sarge26

Your build is a bit weird though, without a reliable fury generator what can you do when caught with low fury and leap on CD?

You probably didnt read the topic he got this build from. It does work, Fury is generated from Unforgiving + IK5set and Animosity boosts overall fury and leap is a 10sec generator too, so is OP if it crits and procs ItF....
    But i do agree he should play a different spec. He took on a build that he doesn't have gear for and expects it to work because it was in a video :)

Yeah I notieced the 4 set bonus + passive, but I suspect it won't be enough if caught in bad situation, e.g. over done WW/sprint bleed fury dry, it needs at least 40 furys to get yourself running again, that's gonna take sometime without a true fury generator.
    Quote from sarge26

Quote from Turtel

Quote from sarge26

Yeah I notieced the 4 set bonus + passive, but I suspect it won't be enough if caught in bad situation, e.g. over done WW/sprint bleed fury dry, it needs at least 40 furys to get yourself running again, that's gonna take sometime without a true fury generator.

im working on builds related to this one for over two weeks, it does work - you just have to break it down with practice
    Interesting. Never got my hands on 5 IK sets so no idea how powerful it could be. :-P Will definitely give it a try once I got my 5 sets.
    Quote from sarge26

Quote from Turtel

Quote from sarge26

Yeah it can happen definitely but as was already it said, practice helps. Oh and Into the Fray is also kind of a generator, high crit chance is desirable here, like in most if not all other builds. :P

and the IK 5 set - it works the same way as Unforgiving does, so just try that for same effect.
    Keep everything the same other than runes. Change rend to the 9% life one, and overpower to the fury regen one.

Edit: You have low crit, so get some new jewelry with crit. You're aim should be ~35%.
    Quote from Rolist

Keep everything the same other than runes. Change rend to the 9% life one, and overpower to the fury regen one.

Edit: You have low crit, so get some new jewelry with crit. You're aim should be ~35%.

This.

Rend is godlike with that rune.
    If your going DW, haven't checked recent prices but I think you can get a vit rolled Unity and vit rolled Litany for around 3-5 mil each. It would give you 9 crit, 60+ AR, 300ish loh, extra/reduced elite dmg and a couple hundred life regen. Then I'd go for some basic low/no primary crit prowlers to replace some of the AS and give you some more MS which is really important and a better ammy with 100 Str and 8+ crit.
    Bloodthirst as passive :;)
    attention to detail dude
    1. he ran mp0 u ran mp1, monster have 50% more health. he has 133k dps unbuffed you have 90k. straight off the bat there is your problem there. not enough dps. as someone said go to mp0 or get 150k dps unbuffed
    2. video guy has more armor and resist, not that it matters since elites died before they get off being stunned. but not so in your case because ur dps is lower elites don't die with 1 stun, mp1 do more damage + your less res n armor thats ur GG call.
    3. itemization, look at his skorn, 5%+ LS 1360dps 100% crit gems is far superior than your 200-300k 1260dps 70% crit gem skorn

you should watch nmitty video, if u follow his 3m budget barb guide mp2 farming is easy. Which is a real shame considering how much you spend on this gear so far. But don't worry we can fix it and with minimal cost.

with 1m (no more than this) go pick up a mace 800-850 dps, open socket, crit damage (higher is better, aim for more than 60% if you can), as much str you can find (200 is great! but maybe 130-160 range are the common ones).

with 700k go pick an off hand with open socket, 80% (or more) crit damage, 700+ life on hit (900 is good so you only have to find another 300-500 on your jewelry) and 100+str. if you dont spend all 1m on your main weapon, you can roll over the left over here
    now hopefully u have enough emerald to make 2 star emerald for those 2

jewelry
    you want at least 3.5% crit (7% for amulet)
    average damage 20-45 (if you can't find xx-xx damage ones with average damage around 40, go for 25+ minimum damage, max damage is probably your last resort as they are not as good as the two)
    some stats (on amulet, 90 vit or 90 str is cheap but not on rings usually when it comes with crit) as little as it is for rings it doesn't matter as long the average damage is good
    budget 200k each or less
    now with these jewelry too you want to pick up life on hit because you need 1200-1400
    and you can sacrifice small stat for good AR if you need. AR stat less ring with avg damage and crit are usually cheap. if u find10 vit/str or 40 AR of course you choose the AR over the vit
    and you want to find an attack speed or crit damage too, it will be hard but I have found some in the past. I bought like 7-9 rings (200k rings) to try out which one is better. if you cant find it then physical resist/ fire resist/ life%/ armor are good to consider instead of small stat increase

you can find great ones too sometime, amulet is 500k off AH buyout. I think thats a steal for that price
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Luna-1865/hero/4164484

You can take your time with jewelry as you can find good bargains sometimes but for armor and weapon its rather hard

THATS ALL YOU NEED TO BUY

optional is bracer, you want all resist one with the same stat, str vit crit. again for go vit if u can get better str and all resist. when there is vit with str crit AR price tends to jump no matter how small the vit is. 10 vit for 30 more str and more AR or armor? you bet you go for that! budget 200-300k

skill set
    bash - instigation
    ww - hurricane
    WotB - thrive on chaos
    Sprint - run like the wind
    battle rage - into the fray
    wry cry - imputiny

passive tough as nails, weapon master, ruthless
    you can swap bash for any other main attacks or runes. I just find it much better fury regen to start fight with bash instigation, you will ww anyway most of the time so those bash and frenzy with attack buff really dont do much, especially u have to stop and go all the time to keep the buff.
    war cry for overpower with killing spree if you have good defensive stat or running low mp
    the other 4 active skills are pretty much unchangeable (maybe ww rune but really u want the movement speed)

tough as nails passive for any defensive passive (superstition for magical damage reduction, or nerve of steel if you have massive VIT which is unlikely for IK equipped barb). For more life regen u can go inspiring presence or blood thirst. animosity or unforgiving for fury generation/problem. For offensive you can go brawler or boon of the bulkathos (please dont chose berserker rage because with ww fury u never want to be at max fury). The other 2 is slightly tricker to change, I guess you can give up weapon master if you don't use mace or axe but really 10% crit is massive, ruthless with 5% crit 50% cd is hard to let go as well

dont be too disappointed it could be easily fix!
    25m???
    Im a 1m budget barb, and Im not having any severe trouble with MP1. Both health and resist enough to do fine. (Though I still farm MP0, A3). You need more crit chance. I have 59% with Battle Rage up. and you only have your 3% LS from the IK belt.
    I have around 2.2k LoH, with 6% lifesteal, and thats without sacrificing other important stats.
    In my opinion, maybe you should have looked into what stats WW barbs need before going all out and spending?
    There are alot of budged barb videos for ww barbs. Just try to get +Physical Resist on your defensive items with AR. With like 400 AR and ~1000 LoH you should not die in MP1.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZIiJSJFlCFQ
    hola hola, i didnt read all above but here is what i notiched.
    you have unforgiving and full ik. bit of overkill imo.
    Switch out unforgiving for mabey blootlust or something with more armor.,
    you need 24% move speed man! for mp0 farm.
    i would recommend dash over rend. kill em faster!
    If this is your gear, then your looking at a L2P issue. yeh you really need to learn how to play the game.

Anyways your build is rather strange, change your build, use bloodthirst totalt of 6% LS is enough. I have less gear than you and smack around act 3 MP5-6 easily.. never die.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes