Another WW barb need upgrade tips (~20kk)

So i have about 20-30kk to spend on upgrades for my barb. I farm easily and effective on mp1-2 and can farm keys on mp5, but i want something more :). I have no problems with keeping my fury at high level, but it's not enough for infinite berserker (but i like my rend build, so i would rather choose a dps upgrade as i don't like rushing through the map). I think my rings are pretty good, and amu is crappy, but i don't know what to aim for. What's more should i change here? Is it worth trying to get 2 pieces of IK? It seems to be an overpay for me.

Profile: http://eu.battle.net...5/hero/10946636

Thanks!
    You are very defensively built in terms of vit and AR, but you are quite low in armor. For weapons, a new mainhand should be first and foremost for you at the moment. Depending on how you want to use your build (imo either go rend/hota or WW, not using WOTB is wasting the ability to), you can stand to either abandon the mighty weapon as your mainhand for a mace/axe, or abandon the EF for a dagger offhand. If you want to go WW, its better to use a mace or an axe with over 900 dps (MH) due to the 10% crit for free along with a dagger for the offhand (dps really doesnt matter that much) with the highest str/crit damage/LS you can that has a socket.The tornadoes from RLTW take their damage from the mainhand only, while the speed at which it ticks depends on the last weapon that you swinged with.

For armor. legs and chest could use gem slots first and foremost so that you can get more strength as yours is quite low. Its really fine for you to lose a bunch of HP for a lot of strength.dropping 200 vit for 200 str would give you around 8500 dps for a loss of 7k hp. heck with the 5 gem slots, you would gain over 200 str alone.
    agree with the poster above. weapons and slots on chest and pants.
    high str roll IK helm gives you 100str right of the bat no matter what shitty random roll you get so you trade 74vit for 100str, more crit, more life% and damage reduction. I think thats a win there, you can then try to get good random rolls but they are going to be pricy (armor, AR, str/vit) are what people turns to for high end IK helm
    In US realm cheapest IK helm buyout is about 4m
    your rings in terms of dps is quite low. look for avg damage 40+ with similar stats, of course the all resist will be hard to replace. you have to decide how much you wanna trade AR for dps. When you have and you get some rings compare it with what you use, sometimes it lacks of stat but it will be a dps increase for you. I found a 2x-88 damage 74str 6%crit ring which gives me 5-8k dps increase to my old ring which is similar to yours.
    yes amulet need to go its neither a big dps help or defensive help for you at the moment. You can get much more dps from a 500k-1m amulet with average damage, ias/cd in there even with lower 100str

slightly off topic get some gear for your merc. sun keeper for templar, grand vizier for enchantress are 50k buyout. thats a jump in magic find already for such a low investment.
    So i've made a few changes. Buffed dps goes up to 90k from 60k. I dropped some resist and hp, but not a lot. I'm planning changing my amu and weapon (this fear is...), and maybe gloves. I decided to leave my chest due to high vitality.
    I'm able to keep WotB up for half cd time now, made some tries on various MP with mighty weapon and mace and i can't see any diffrence, so i would choose mace for more dmg.
    What's more can i change to help sustaining WotB/buffing dmg?
    Quote from CrazyYuan

So i've made a few changes. Buffed dps goes up to 90k from 60k. I dropped some resist and hp, but not a lot. I'm planning changing my amu and weapon (this fear is...), and maybe gloves. I decided to leave my chest due to high vitality.
    I'm able to keep WotB up for half cd time now, made some tries on various MP with mighty weapon and mace and i can't see any diffrence, so i would choose mace for more dmg.
    What's more can i change to help sustaining WotB/buffing dmg?

Well whats the issue with keeping WOTB up? If you find yourself constantly rage capped, you should be spamming sprint and battle rage to keep yourself not rage capped. The time on WOTB only extends if you gain rage, not if you are capped. The difference between the mighty weapon and mace is 10% crit (along with EF having a better weapon speed). You can also easily drop unforgiving for bloodthirst or superstition as unforgiving doesnt really provide any benefit besides making you even more rage capped.
    Quote from Fallactic

Well whats the issue with keeping WOTB up? If you find yourself constantly rage capped, you should be spamming sprint and battle rage to keep yourself not rage capped. The time on WOTB only extends if you gain rage, not if you are capped.

Ouch... i haven't known that earlier... Thanks for this, i would try, it should be easier now. I would also try changing unforgiving for bloodthirst :).
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes