what to upgrade/improve

HI All

I recently changed couple of things and improved my dps. I would like to know what items would you change ?

Please see my link below:

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/turon-2145/hero/1041483

Thanks for your advise.
    Nice setup. You will see the biggest DPS benefit from upgrading your offhand first. If you trade the LOH for crit damage, you won't see a huge difference in health regen per second (~1500 loss) for an above 10k dps upgrade.You also dont need tough as nails basically at all anymore either. If you switch it to bloodthirst, drop the LOH on your offhand for crit damage, you will actually end up gaining around 1k total life regen per second in combat. Also since you are near the breakpoint for WW/RLTW, using enchantress over scoundrel will give you more dps overall, and help you keep some of the armor lost from dropping tough as nails. As far as EHP goes, depending on what MP you farm, your EHP is kind of low, and you would benefit from raising it up a bit. Your AR needs to increase... you would ideally want around 450 before shout in order to survive beyond mp5. Your health pool is also pretty low as it were, and you would benefit from an IK belt with a little less str, but with vit. If you can afford it, swapping out your IK gloves for ones with a little less str, same or slightly less crit chance, AS/crit damage and either AR or vit would benefit you, though you would have to swap your chest for an IK chest to keep that sexy bonus. You can also just abandon IK set alltogether and grab the gloves I mentioned along with a witching hour/extremely well rolled lamentation for a good dps upgrade. You can also stand to sacrifice a little strength on your shoulders for more vit as well. Losing 40 vit would only lose you 2k dps, and those same 40 vit points would give you another 1.5k life to work with. You can also get life% on those shoulders which would also be very nice.

If keeping the runspeed is important to you, swap the pants for inna's with strength and AR, swap the chest for a well rolled IK chest (160+ str, 140+ vit). You can also swap the bracers for Lacuni's with crit and str, but that will cost you a whole lot. Really all of these options will cost over 100 mil lol.

Seeing as you are only 3% attack speed away from your next sprint and WW breakpoint, you would either want to gain that 3% through gear, swap to enchantress, or drop a little of the attack speed for vit/ar/crit damage.

TLDR: Biggest upgrade overall besides the offhand would be a chest with a little less strength (less than 46 so that the 3rd slot makes up for it), over 100 vit, same AR even though you lose runspeed and damage to elites. Swapping IK gloves for 100+ str, 9%+ crit, AS, vit gloves will give you a very nice DPS and EHP boost, but you would then have to either switch to IK boots or a chest to keep that bonus (ideally chest, but the boots can be really nice too). The cheapest upgrade would likely be the shoulders but you would have to give up DPS in favor of survivability. Most of what I said only really matters if you are trying to farm above MP5. You have similar dps (9k more) to mine, but far less EHP(300k less) which will get you rocked even at MP5.

Also, I find that Frenzy-maniac is too tedious to keep up with large packs, I just dropped it in favor of Bash-onslaught for gobs. Once you get your life or AR up (37k life 450 AR without shout is good enough for mp5), than you can drop war cry for a more offensive ability... i use overpower-crushing advance because I can keep it at near 100% uptime, and it crits for huge numbers.
    Quote from Fallactic

Seeing as you are only 3% attack speed away from your next sprint and WW breakpoint, you would either want to gain that 3% through gear, swap to enchantress, or drop a little of the attack speed for vit/ar/crit damage.

Enchantress gives +0.03 attacks per second not 3% IAS and its added to the +APS of weapons like echoing fury on the calculation formulas.
    Where did you see he is 3% from next breakpoint?
    According to my spreadsheet he is at 23 ticks on MH and 26 ticks on OH and he needs 15% attack speed to reach 26 on MH and 13% attack speed to reach 30 on OH while using Scoundrel.
    With Enchantress he needs 11% attack speed to reach 26 on MH and 10% to reach 30 on OH.
    So actually Scoundrel gives u more damage than Enchantress atm. (its only 1% as i see on spreadsheet but anyway :P)
    Quote from Nion

Quote from Fallactic

Enchantress gives +0.03 attacks per second not 3% IAS and its added to the +APS of weapons like echoing fury on the calculation formulas.
    Where did you see he is 3% from next breakpoint?
    According to my spreadsheet he is at 23 ticks on MH and 26 ticks on OH and he needs 15% attack speed to reach 26 on MH and 13% attack speed to reach 30 on OH while using Scoundrel.
    With Enchantress he needs 11% attack speed to reach 26 on MH and 10% to reach 30 on OH.
    So actually Scoundrel gives u more damage than Enchantress atm. (its only 1% as i see on spreadsheet but anyway :P)

On d3rawr, it showed that he is 3% away from his next breakpoint for his MH to hit 20. Now it could have been off because I was tinkering with his gear otherwise, but I am pretty sure that I had it right.

EDIT: this number was actually off because I didnt have WOTB active in the spreadsheet.

Also, the way this is worded is throwing me off then "An aura that increases attack speed by 3% for allies within 40 yards." This would mean to me that it is IAS.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes