Keep Wotb Up problems

Hey guys,

I see everybody telling they can keep WOTB up on a full alkaiser run, I have big problem with that. I can keep it up for most elite kills, but when I start running and on normal run I dont generate enough fury, even without wotb up i stop a lot to bash. Is it a gear or l2p problem?

Any advice can help!

us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Johbond-1442/hero/27778846
    What mlvl are you playing on? could be you killed stuff too fast but personally yeah wotb drop off quite abit cause I'm bad but even if u suck u just have to keep it up until the next cd is up so it's not impossible even if u are bad at it.
    without seing u play I can't tell but I have a decent amount of friends who use way too much time looting/picking up gold (I'm bad keep in mind with everything I Write here) which could also add to your problem. Bashing however if u spend ur fury is also enough to keep up wotb if ur on one mob (and actually refresh it to max if the mob doesn't die too fast which all but elites will).
    Also a few more % crit wouldn't hurt
    Its the punishment for running around with a mace in main hand. You should be running with a mighty weapon. Its a common mistake to think an axe/mace is better due to the 10% crit but its not. It comes at the cost of 100% uptime on wotb at the effective monster power. And the wotb uptime is so much more important.

At the higher monster powers you can get away with not using a mighty weapon, but thats only because the mobs have so much hp. And thats the opposit of effective gear/xp farming. Counter Productive is the word.
    Currently played toon:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rage-2973/hero/28310

Profit:
    Flipping/Sniping: 6577€

Its the punishment for running around with a mace in main hand. You should be running with a mighty weapon. Its a common mistake to think an axe/mace is better due to the 10% crit but its not. It comes at the cost of 100% uptime on wotb at the effective monster power. And the wotb uptime is so much more important.

At the higher monster powers you can get away with not using a mighty weapon, but thats only because the mobs have so much hp. And thats the opposit of effective gear/xp farming. Counter Productive is the word.

Lol thats bs you lose quite abit of damage for no gain other than more fury which u can do without however it does require more effort
    So you think I should get a mighty weap in main hand at the cost of 10% crit chance? so all buffed Id get 39% crit chance, guess I should now try to get more crit if I do that... And a mighty weap that would be equivalent to EF will be damn expensive lol.

Btw I saw video where people had axe in main hand and still had wotb always up.

I play in mp-0-1 for alkaizer run btw,

Lol thats bs you lose quite abit of damage for no gain other than more fury which u can do without however it does require more effort

More effort means what? I dont loot anything except jewelry and weapon, I dont get chest, and when Im done with an elite pack I have maybe 2-3 sec left on wotb, and the CD is no way near ready.
    around 35k dps, i started having problems keeping zerk up in 1.03/4. Was doable, but wasnt easy.

Now that im at 110k dps, not only can i not keep zerk up, but just getting fury back=to that of what i spent is near impossible. I now run a heavily modded ww build

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Agadabagada-1814/hero/6471308

dropped dps by putting a MW mh and getting a sun keeper for the MF.

around 35k dps, i started having problems keeping zerk up in 1.03/4. Was doable, but wasnt easy.

Now that im at 110k dps, not only can i not keep zerk up, but just getting fury back=to that of what i spent is near impossible. I now run a heavily modded ww build

http://us.battle.net...14/hero/6471308

You aren't using into the fray on battlerage... that's your problem

Damage? the man is having 110k which is likely to be 60000 more than needed to kill mobs in 1 tornado at mp 0/1. He doesnt need damage. He needs wotb uptime. Damage is something you can talk about when playing high mp. doing ubbers. Efficient farming has other priorities, and number one of that is maintaining wotb. And you dont do that by having a mace in your main hand, the fury those 10% crit gives is nothing compared to what weapon master provides with a mighty weapon in main hand. Damage is something you can try to get better AFTER you got the basics covered ie. maintaining wotb.

On mp 0/1 lets say the alkeizer route takes you 12 min with 500k dps. With just 80k dps its still going to take you 12 min aswell. Unless you lets say fix your wotb uptime, then it would take etc 10 min instead.

You really need to get things into perspective, its not about getting as much dps as posible. There is certain things that are way way more important than damage when it comes to efficient farming. Maintaining wotb is the biggest one.

Edit: And No, there is no way, you with 110k unbuffed dps without a mighty weapon in main hand, can maintain a 100% uptime on wotb. And as long you play without full uptime on wotb, your failing as a ww barb. And it gimps your efficiency which is Counter Productive.
    Currently played toon:

Profit:
    Yea when I'm farming low MP I put my mighty weapon in my main hand. My dps goes from 150k to 125k but for fury regen it works a LOT better.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChB2_IPc-HVXbi0jS1Riljg
    ^ YouTube.Com/IceBleuGaming ! It's a thing! Check it oooout!
    Finaly someone else with experience on the matter.
    Currently played toon:

Profit:
    I run a mighty weapon since i started playing WW, so i honestly cant compare it to 10% crit, but I can't complain about my fury that's for sure. Give it a try and see for yourself (with a random cheap one) and if you won't like it just go back to mace/axe. Nothing beats testing for yourself.

More effort means what? I dont loot anything except jewelry and weapon, I dont get chest, and when Im done with an elite pack I have maybe 2-3 sec left on wotb, and the CD is no way near ready.

I think that's your problem right there. When you finish an elite pack you should have wotb at or nearly full duration. When fighting elites and/or big packs of mobs, you need to spend a lot of your fury in order to be able to generate more. WW alone doesn't do it so use your other fury spenders (spring/brage). I find myself spamming them both mindlessly at times. Try to keep your fury around half when fighting, when the mobs are close to death, start spending less and finish off will close to full fury bar.

After some time you'll get a feel for it and discover other things that help. Fury managent is important and basic to playing a tornado barb.
    Glad I didn't have to post this question, cus I had the same problem. I'll try it out haha.

Damage? the man is having 110k which is likely to be 60000 more than needed to kill mobs in 1 tornado at mp 0/1. He doesnt need damage. He needs wotb uptime. Damage is something you can talk about when playing high mp. doing ubbers. Efficient farming has other priorities, and number one of that is maintaining wotb. And you dont do that by having a mace in your main hand, the fury those 10% crit gives is nothing compared to what weapon master provides with a mighty weapon in main hand. Damage is something you can try to get better AFTER you got the basics covered ie. maintaining wotb.

On mp 0/1 lets say the alkeizer route takes you 12 min with 500k dps. With just 80k dps its still going to take you 12 min aswell. Unless you lets say fix your wotb uptime, then it would take etc 10 min instead.

You really need to get things into perspective, its not about getting as much dps as posible. There is certain things that are way way more important than damage when it comes to efficient farming. Maintaining wotb is the biggest one.

Edit: And No, there is no way, you with 110k unbuffed dps without a mighty weapon in main hand, can maintain a 100% uptime on wotb. And as long you play without full uptime on wotb, your failing as a ww barb. And it gimps your efficiency which is Counter Productive.

I call this pure and utter jibberish! I recently started to level up my barb a bit more seriously, and I have no, read NO trouble keeping WOTB up and running through the whole run, and I am certainly not using a MW. Been running with EF and sword-OH for the entire time, and this problem never ever occurred to me. It is all about using the right technique for keeping your fury up and maintaining WOTB through that. I'm currently running a slight modified version of the alkalizer-run (core>tower1>crater2>keep2>fields & continue up to Siegebreaker) at MP 2. The run takes me roughly 10-12 mins depending on mob-spawns, and IF I happen to lose WOTB due to bad spawns and/or mistakes it is always ready, and that is just because my fury-management is what it is supposed to be. Saying crit is worse than having those 3 extra fury is ridiculous, since your sprint-ww's (your primary fury generator) is fully dependable on wether they crit or not (through "into the fray"-rune on Battle Rage), and even more-so after 1.05, having more crit can only help. To the OP: To maintain WOTB throughout the run, simply start spamming bash and at the same time, dump the fury you get by spamming Battle Rage and Sprint, it saved me numerous times. And when I say spam, I mean spam like a CM-wizard, not that lousy 50 keystrokes/min :) Though you have to be careful once the mob you are hitting is about to die, so that you build up some fury to be able to run off to the next pack!
    My barb for those interested: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Bovk-2392/hero/59581

EDIT: Sorry if there is any spelling/grammatical errors! Posting this on a cellphone with English not being your maiden language is no the best of ideas, especially not 03:30 in the morning.

http://us.battle.net...14/hero/6471308

You aren't using into the fray on battlerage... that's your problem

the build i was running all of last night/today was using bloodbath or w/e its called. also using charge stamina, OP momentum, sprint torandos, ww huricane, leap call of arreat
    I never had problems keeping wotb up full time with ww spec before 1.05, and haven't really bothered with it since then because I got bored of it, but I was around 140k dps or so by the time I made the switch. You can use a mace/axe in your MH, and I would suggest it, although a mighty weapon will make it slightly easier...and you can go with animosity as well if you still need more help generating enough fury.

However I would bet that the problem isn't generating fury, but spending it. If your fury is capped, you aren't adding to the duration of wotb even if you get berserker rage procs. You need to have space to fill in your fury bar in order for fury gains to count in order to add more time to the duration of wotb. spam sprint/battle rage to dump fury, since whirlwind will usually not get rid of it fast enough.

PS if you kill mobs too quickly, turn up the MP a tick and see how it feels. You get more drops/MF/XP that way, gimping your dps because stuff dies too fast on low MP is stupid.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes