Got 30 mil to gear up with - tips?

I just leveled up my barb, was fun, now I enjoy WW a lot so I'm looking to improve my gear. I got 20-30 mil to spend atm, since I'm fresh barb I'd like some tips on what I should buy, EU server, like 1 or 2 big upgrades.

eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Naforce-2248/hero/7441260
    Biggest upgrades you can get are a mainhand with those stats and a socket, and a fast offhand (sword or dagger). Because fast offhands with similar stats to yours are so expensive, you may end up having to go with a lower end dps offhand, but as a WW barb, offhand dps really doesnt matter that much in the long run. Getting a helm with crit chance would also help you in the long run as well. While those Lacuni prowlers are nice, at your gear level, you dont see that much of an improvement over a set of bracers with 100+ str and 6% crit chance along with either vit or AR. You can also consider Inna's (pants) as they give crit, attack speed, runspeed, and 2 sockets (str/vit ones are expensive though). You can also consider getting a new neck with str/vit on it, higher crit chance, and slightly lower crit damage.
    I'm not sure how mh/oh dps works, how much would I loose/gain in going for a lower dps but faster offhand? I know my char sheet dps goes down but I'm not sure how the actual ww-barb will deal with it..
    The damage from the sprint tornados is based on your mainhand dps. The speed at which it ticks switches between mainhand and offhand weapon speed. You will notice a stark difference in your incoming rage, as it will be generated much more smoothly due to the increase in the tornado ticks. It looks like you will have 49% crit with scoundrel, so you should be fine with rage gen as long as you get a faster offhand. Ideally, you would replace your current mainhand with one that has a socket, however items with lifeleach, crit damage, and a socket tend to be really expensive if they have high dps. The main effect that switching to a lower dps offhand will have is that your actual whirlwinds will not hit as hard as the damage from whirlwind itself switches between mainhand and offhand damage.

Are you having any healing issues currently, or any issues in general?
    Not really any issues at all, just like to progress my gear. I bought a dagger offhand with 850dps, 550loh, 97crd and a socket so that part's settled for quite some time. Also swapped my neck for one with str/vit/crc instead, was a minor dps and a big hp gain.

I'm not sure what to go for next but I'm considering dumping the IK gloves for ones with like 100 str/50 all res/9 crit/40 crit damage or so, not entirely sure though..
    Quote from Naforce

Not really any issues at all, just like to progress my gear. I bought a dagger offhand with 850dps, 550loh, 97crd and a socket so that part's settled for quite some time. Also swapped my neck for one with str/vit/crc instead, was a minor dps and a big hp gain.

I'm not sure what to go for next but I'm considering dumping the IK gloves for ones with like 100 str/50 all res/9 crit/40 crit damage or so, not entirely sure though..

If you dont have any current survivability issues (and can afford to take 10% more melee damage), then picking up those gloves would be a definite improvement. It would be more worth it for you to grab a weapon that has that crit damage (or less, it will be made up), some lifesteal, and a socket, even if you lose some weapon dps in the process. Even if you went down to a 960 dps mace, as long as it had at least 50% crit damage, some lifesteal and a socket (with a 90% crit damage gem in it) you would gain 3k dps. Im sure that you can find a similar weapon with slightly less dps for a bargain (if you lose 50 dps but gain what I said, you will gain 7k dps). If I were to throw away any one piece of the IK set that you have, it would be the boots. You can get a pair of fire walkers that have 50 more str and vit, but less AR for a decent price right now.

After tinkering around with your gear, it seems that you would also benefit from dropping that Lacuni prowler right now and picking up a wrist with 110 or more str with 6% crit, as that gives you over 1k dps. If all the item had on it was Str and Crit, it would be a worthy upgrade for the right price, you may even be able to find one with vit and AR for a good price.

You will see a modular benefit as well from switching your Frenzy to bash(either instigation for quicker ramp up time, or onslaught for pure dps). Im still a firm believer that bloodthirst is better than superstition once you get to a certain level of dps (past 70k), so I would consider trying that as well for a nice change of pace.
    Quote from Fallactic

Quote from Naforce

If you dont have any current survivability issues (and can afford to take 10% more melee damage), then picking up those gloves would be a definite improvement. It would be more worth it for you to grab a weapon that has that crit damage (or less, it will be made up), some lifesteal, and a socket, even if you lose some weapon dps in the process. Even if you went down to a 960 dps mace, as long as it had at least 50% crit damage, some lifesteal and a socket (with a 90% crit damage gem in it) you would gain 3k dps. Im sure that you can find a similar weapon with slightly less dps for a bargain (if you lose 50 dps but gain what I said, you will gain 7k dps). If I were to throw away any one piece of the IK set that you have, it would be the boots. You can get a pair of fire walkers that have 50 more str and vit, but less AR for a decent price right now.

After tinkering around with your gear, it seems that you would also benefit from dropping that Lacuni prowler right now and picking up a wrist with 110 or more str with 6% crit, as that gives you over 1k dps. If all the item had on it was Str and Crit, it would be a worthy upgrade for the right price, you may even be able to find one with vit and AR for a good price.

You will see a modular benefit as well from switching your Frenzy to bash(either instigation for quicker ramp up time, or onslaught for pure dps). Im still a firm believer that bloodthirst is better than superstition once you get to a certain level of dps (past 70k), so I would consider trying that as well for a nice change of pace.

Alright, thanks I'll look in to that. I'm probably going to go onslaught if that is best dps, it's for ubers really, I cant ww on maghda/sk on mp9 due to all the damage around the bosses so I always end up just holding left click.. thanks! Not quite sure what bloodthirst would do for me though? Could go for another belt/weapon with that as replacement though!
    Bloodthirst gives you 3% lifesteal.With your current gear, you would gain 2k healing per second(from 5.3 to 7.4k healing per second) which would help you survive IK/Maghda's damage pretty decently. If your wanting to just stand and facetank ubers, you would be better off grabbing a good 2h weapon with lifesteal, crit damage and going rend/hota spec as WW spec is gimped for damage if you are just going to stand there and not at least use tornadoes.

If you want to Swap out of IK gear, id go with either a well rolled Lamentation (str, AR, maybe some vit) or a witching hour for the belt. If you got the witching hour, you would definitely need to swap to bloodthirst to balance out the lifesteal loss. For gloves, you can find any decently rolled rare set with more str than yours gives, about the same crit and AR, with some crit damage for not too bad of a price. To replace your boots within budget, fire walkers wouldn't be too bad (the melee reduction would help nicely), and you can get ones with similar stats to yours for well under 10 million. You will probably want to replace your pants in either case with either a good inna's set (prolly too expensive) or a rare with similar str and vit, but with 2 sockets and some all resist, as you will lose at least 60 all res from losing the IK bonuses.
    Quote from Fallactic

Bloodthirst gives you 3% lifesteal.With your current gear, you would gain 2k healing per second(from 5.3 to 7.4k healing per second) which would help you survive IK/Maghda's damage pretty decently. If your wanting to just stand and facetank ubers, you would be better off grabbing a good 2h weapon with lifesteal, crit damage and going rend/hota spec as WW spec is gimped for damage if you are just going to stand there and not at least use tornadoes.

If you want to Swap out of IK gear, id go with either a well rolled Lamentation (str, AR, maybe some vit) or a witching hour for the belt. If you got the witching hour, you would definitely need to swap to bloodthirst to balance out the lifesteal loss. For gloves, you can find any decently rolled rare set with more str than yours gives, about the same crit and AR, with some crit damage for not too bad of a price. To replace your boots within budget, fire walkers wouldn't be too bad (the melee reduction would help nicely), and you can get ones with similar stats to yours for well under 10 million. You will probably want to replace your pants in either case with either a good inna's set (prolly too expensive) or a rare with similar str and vit, but with 2 sockets and some all resist, as you will lose at least 60 all res from losing the IK bonuses.

Great help, thanks! I tried using overpower- killing spree instead of war cry for basic farming, felt like a nice upgrade after switching to bloodthirst. I'll probably replace my pants now that I got some LoH on my offhand.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes