Mempo vs IK Triumph

Quote from thekrucha

Don't associate the "Damage" number with the amount of damage your character does. It all depends on the build and playstyle. Think about how individual stats contribute to where you draw damage from.

Exactly. For me personally, the attack speed from enchantress outweighs the crit from scoundrel because I am using my whirlwind as a primary source of dps now. With nearly 65% crit and 440% CD, my whirlwind damage is approaching 300k dps (average) by itself. Having at least 3 sprint tornados on an enemy increases that by another 100k. Character sheet dps is different than actual dps. The way character sheet dps calculates your damage is if you had no skill equipped as a primary attack, and you were just attacking normally (it doesnt even truly take into account the damagr increase from crit damage either). Its just sort of a metric to go by when figuring if you can or can not do certain content. Those 3 mil+ dps characters downing azmodan on mp10 in less than a minute usually show less than 400k dps on their character sheet.
    As for 3% attack speed, it is actually no real match for the 3% crit from the soundrel unless it brings you just above the next ticking breakpoint, which is quite unlikely. However, the enchantress does also give 5% extra armor and has better MF potential.
    Quote from GalZohar

As for 3% attack speed, it is actually no real match for the 3% crit from the soundrel unless it brings you just above the next ticking breakpoint, which is quite unlikely. However, the enchantress does also give 5% extra armor and has better MF potential.

Yeah, this is also a large part of why I prefer her. She gives me 22% MF by herself, and I really do like the armor buff as well. While the scoundrel does give me 1.6k paperdoll dps (about 13k tDPS) over the enchantress, I farm on mp5 or 6 usually now, so the difference in damage isnt really all that much. She actually does bring me very close to the next breakpoint for both weapons (2% AS mainhand, 4% offhand), so I think that I may try grabbing an item with some attack speed to see if it makes things go even smoother. After plugging it into d3rawr, if I gain at least 4% attack speed, the enchantress would be better than the scoundrel allthough if I gain 7%, the scoundrel takes back over as the superior one. Im guessing this is due to the fact that I am 7% IAS away from my offhand breakpoint without her buff.
    mempo, no question about this...
    just expensive, so if you got the money...
    nwm, got trolled
    I have both as well, Mempo without crit but as a good AR hat, and it's 4k+ better paper dps than my 170str 5.5 crit IK hat, so I'm wearing the Mempo atm. I just like resists though, I feel weird lowering them, lol.
    Quote from Alienalt

I have both as well, Mempo without crit but as a good AR hat, and it's 4k+ better paper dps than my 170str 5.5 crit IK hat, so I'm wearing the Mempo atm. I just like resists though, I feel weird lowering them, lol.

Dps on paper isnt necessarily true dps. depends on how close to the next breakpoint on WW/tornado ticks you are if the IAS would be better.
    Yeah for attack speed you have to look at your breakpoints. You get in reality a lot less or a lot more than the paper DPS shows because of it - If it just goes over a breakpoint you get a lot more, but if you're just short of a breakpoint you get a lot less than you would think.

Obviously, if you want to do a complete analysis you'll have to also look at other sources of IAS (which you can take where you don't have and/or drop where you do have) to get optimal results.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes