2hand WW barb speed build, 80+m/hour 6-7min clears

ye but leap has pull rune/stun rune, better range(from casting point to the target) and can make a few shortcuts - i'd rather use both for the price of overpower
    i recently going went back to my barb and was looking for the fastest plvling build. i noticed that almost every build still use WW as the main attack. is this still the most suitable one if i use a skorn?
    WW is so good because you deal damage while moving forward (and going through monsters).
    If you for example run with dh that spams vault like crazy, you can see ww is the skill that allows you to keep up, because each time they use their attack skills (for example ball lightning), you are catching up thanks to ww.
    Ww works finr with skorn on low mp.
    Aerialus/Thormond:

Have you guys settled on a spec? For now I think I like Merciless Assault + Overpower the best, leaving out Leap, and using Thunderstrike over Rend. But Aerialus it looks like your profile is back to rend?

Also, where do you guys go after Tower of the Damned 1 in your Alkaizer route? The standard route is Crater 2, but I hate going there with less than 5 stacks.
    FoS if less than 4 stacks, AC2 if 4-5 stacks
    works for me, having less than 4 stacks in AC2 is too much of a waste

aaand im using HotA:thunderstrike over rend cuz i got -5 HotA red cold SoJ (PvP purposes <_
    Rend is better for farming XP in general and is better for budget barbs(on bloodlust rune), HotA for focusing more on rare drops since everything is dying nearby
    Hi guys, thanks for the guide and exp tool.

After some testing of builds, I have settled with a simpler and therefore efficient/easy build

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#ahURQS!hZY!cZZYYZ

Overkill - momentum = almost nil cooldown spammable burst aoe dmg + full fury regen all in one.
    Furious Charge - merciless assault = no cooldown spammable burst aoe dmg + full fury regen + short dash all in one.
    Which i find more efficient over ground stomp or leap's low fury high cooldown.

basically you want to be able to sprint 90%+ of the time
    Quote from Morphos

Aerialus/Thormond:

Have you guys settled on a spec? For now I think I like Merciless Assault + Overpower the best, leaving out Leap, and using Thunderstrike over Rend. But Aerialus it looks like your profile is back to rend?

Also, where do you guys go after Tower of the Damned 1 in your Alkaizer route? The standard route is Crater 2, but I hate going there with less than 5 stacks.

I like rend even if i lose slightly vs hota, but i never die accidnently to molten reflect electrified horde succubus or shit like that, even at cost of few % less exp..
    Also leap is really useful in some cases, overall like it most, making some shortcuts in crater, in keeps as well (you don't need to use these drawbridges). If you run rakkis crossing leap also helps a lot.

Also for the reference, this is interesting modification of a run:

http://www.reddit.co...onk_100m_exphr/

guy got lucky with crater, but this route has potential

crater 2->keep depths 2-> rakkis

you start in high density zone, seems to be easier to keep consistent 95-100mil with this route

Another thing, Dunno how you people look at macros, but simple toggle makes these runs so much smoother. If you have macro keyboard, and set 1 key to keep move command "pressed" (same effect like you were holding move key whole run), it makes run smooth, cause if you stop whirlwind character automatically goes to moving, smooth transition, you never accidently use LMB skill, which was pissing me off.
    Another "trick" is to bind another macro that recasts sprint every 3s (exactly), through the whole run. You get excellent fury efficiency with this, never casting sprint little bit too early, or too late, also run requires less effort. With both things bound, you can play while laying on the couch with using 1 hand on a mouse. Really relaxing experience.
    Personally i think such simple keybord macros are not bannable or considered as cheat (it is far less invasive that all advanced stuff cm wizard use when it comes to macros). Anyway, do it at your own risk.
    Quote from aerialus

Quote from Morphos

Aerialus/Thormond:

I like rend even if i lose slightly vs hota, but i never die accidnently to molten reflect electrified horde succubus or shit like that, even at cost of few % less exp..
    Also leap is really useful in some cases, overall like it most, making some shortcuts in crater, in keeps as well (you don't need to use these drawbridges). If you run rakkis crossing leap also helps a lot.

Also for the reference, this is interesting modification of a run:

http://www.reddit.co...onk_100m_exphr/

guy got lucky with crater, but this route has potential

crater 2->keep depths 2-> rakkis

you start in high density zone, seems to be easier to keep consistent 95-100mil with this route

just tried it and 85m/h w/o leorics
    wouldn't crater 2-> rakkis to bridge of korsikk WP -> keep depths 2 be better? it's saving few secs on TP plus density on FoS isn't that bad
    Using this route, I can hit 100m/h pretty consistently.
    3 runs here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b3Ue1NDvgwU
    The op's build made me want to play the game again. I'm way below your gear level but at 75k ish dps, and mp0-1, this build introduced a whole new level of fun for me :)
    I'm posting this with a little embarassment because I've been a big cheerleader for using Skorns and 2 hand builds, but yesterday/today I tried using the exact same build but with two high DPS 1 handers, and I have to say that the results are improved for me over using the Skorn.

Here's my current profile: http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Morphos-1475/hero/19237630

As you can see, I'm still using the exact same spec that we're talking about here, and I'm playing it exactly the same way that I was playing it with the Skorn. It's just that on MP0 with good enough DPS you really don't need the Skorn's high base damage to 1 shot the trash, and the DW setup makes elites faster because there is less delay. It also generates more rage because of the higher tick rate on WW and the tornadoes.

Anyways, I still think this is the best build for farming XP/items on MP0, but as much as I like Skorn I'm not sure that's better for this build than using a DW setup unless you are on a budget.
    mby u didn't boost ur burst factor high enough to actually oneshot elites with single HotA crit? atk speed makes ur dmg fake, u have gloves and ammy with IAS and no CD so instead of one-shotting you were prolly two-shotting them (it takes more time to twoshot sth with 1.3 APS than oneshot sth with 1.09 APS, while twoshoting sth with 1.6 APS is faster than twoshotting sth with 1.3 APS)

also show me da skorn bro, mby it was not good enough

and I have to say that the results are improved for me over using the Skorn.

numbers my brother, we want numbers
    I couldn't kill elites nearly as fast with dw as with skorn. I do agree that vs trash there is not much difference, but elites take more time to kill for me.
    Gave this build a go last night, takes some getting used to mind you. Can see the benefits immediately though even when playing it like crap.
    Quote from thormond

mby u didn't boost ur burst factor high enough to actually oneshot elites with single HotA crit? atk speed makes ur dmg fake, u have gloves and ammy with IAS and no CD so instead of one-shotting you were prolly two-shotting them (it takes more time to twoshot sth with 1.3 APS than oneshot sth with 1.09 APS, while twoshoting sth with 1.6 APS is faster than twoshotting sth with 1.3 APS)

also show me da skorn bro, mby it was not good enough

and I have to say that the results are improved for me over using the Skorn.

numbers my brother, we want numbers

Hope I didn't strike a nerve, just sharing my experiences.

I swapped in IAS gear after I switched to a DW set up in order to hit the 2.0 WW/tornado breakpoint w/o WOTB. I was doing enough damage with my Skorn to one shot elites IF I crit. However, because you aren't always at full fury, critting isn't necessarily guaranteed. Also, packs split up, etc, so you can't always get them all in 1 or even 2 hits. I found with the Skorn's slow attack speed that things like that posed more of a problem, because attacking at 1.17 instead of 2.0 is a really big difference. Things can happen between slow hits, like getting hit by a Golgor's attack that knocks you back, or having the mob pop shielding, or whatever. Here's the Skorn I was using: http://i.imgur.com/FvaUj.jpg

As for numbers, my average with the Skorn was in the 70-73 mil/hr range. With the DW setup, I'm consistently getting in the 80-83 mil/hr range. I've never been able to reproduce Aerialis's 90-100mil xp/hr numbers, but I don't have a leorics and his gear is better than mine.

Here's a video of me doing about 71 mil/hr with the Skorn that I posted on page 3 of this thread:

Here's a video I made last night of me getting a little over 80 mil/hr using my DW setup:

It's not a complete apples to apples comparison, but its the best I can show you and the results have been very consistent for me. Since switching from the Skorn my runs have gone from low 70s to low 80s, or up by about 12.5%. Also, as you can see I am sure, this isn't my best run with the DW set up... I messed around and wasted a ton of time in the keep depths. So this is the low end of my new runs at about 80 mil/hr, and it can be a few of mil/hr higher than that.
    DW WW 90m exp per hour no leorics on char or follower.

http://youtu.be/80M8uk_2EjE
    Quote from ikigai

Your stopwatch program in that video shows it as being 83.5 m/hr, which is very consistent with what I'm getting with this set up. I noticed you dropped rend/hota for bash and it didn't slow you down, because you're doing so much damage from WW/tornadoes. I wonder if you could drop bash but keep Merciless Assault, because it generates so much fury, and use merciless assault and momentum to keep a high WOTB uptime. At this point this is diverging a lot from the original point of the thread, but I think its worth trying.
    Quote from Morphos

Quote from ikigai

Your stopwatch program in that video shows it as being 83.5 m/hr, which is very consistent with what I'm getting with this set up. I noticed you dropped rend/hota for bash and it didn't slow you down, because you're doing so much damage from WW/tornadoes. I wonder if you could drop bash but keep Merciless Assault, because it generates so much fury, and use merciless assault and momentum to keep a high WOTB uptime. At this point this is diverging a lot from the original point of the thread, but I think its worth trying.

don't mind the average exp of the stop watch as i was trying all kinds of runs before that. even with cains i got like 75m because my kill speed and movement speed suffered.
    but for this build i have been consistently getting 85m. 90 with shrine buffs. as you can see on the stopwatch if you look carefully.

i've recently switched from leap+charge to overpower+charge (last 3 runs) and managed to beat my lifetime XP/h without having to use leorics
    dude ty for posting this variation, i didn't realize how much overpower changes and how much animation time i was wasting by using leap on elitepacks ^ ^

and still i'm keeping thormond's style iron rules which are as follows:
    1) only 2 handed weapons
    2) no atk speed besides lacuni or inna pants (but only one of them at the time)
    3) no pieces of gear for more than 99mil
    4) no leoric's (since i'm centered around legendary farming rather than raw xp, im bad at flipping ah : / )

btw. by adding measures to calculate efficiency farming becomes competitive and makes the game more interesting
    y u no allow addons blizz? i want to draw stopwatch on diablo's viewport : (
    I think I could push my score furher, just unsure if to invest gold in it. By buying really good ik pieces (high str), trifecta gloves, some good trifecta amulet ect. Increasing dps = faster runs.
    Prob is, "gg" ik set isn't really bis gear for dual wield cookie cutter barb (ias pieces, mempo, witching hour, inna pants ect), so it is kind of a waste to buy these pieces.
    Another problem is skorn, investing into barb around skorn, where it just isn't nowhere near dual wield for high mp (in terms of keeping up wotb, it is possible to do with skorn, but much more painful than with some random echoing fury + main hand).
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes