2hand WW barb speed build, 80+m/hour 6-7min clears

This is a very fun build indeed.
    I have changed Stomp to Leap(Death from Above) the idea is the same, but this gives me more mobility.

I am using 2H and I don't have 5 IK and this works wonders. The trick is to charge and leap as much as possible to keep the fury coming.

MP0 is extremely fun because it is so active and monsters are exploding left and right. Zones fly by in a mix of charge/leap/sprint/ww, all skills that are very mobile, so it feels like the game is played at a much higher speed than normal.

My profile if anyone is interested at a sort of mid tier gear level where this is very doable:
    eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Nilaus-2763/hero/120622
    In my experience into the fray, unforgiving and furious charge added together give enough fury for using 1-2 rends per elite pack without being forced to stop sprinting. If you have fury issues, make sure you are only whirlwinding when monsters are actually blocking your path. In any other case, assuming your DPS is good enough for WotB to really fall off too much, sprint tornadoes should be more than enough to take out anything you run by. No real need for animosity nor overpower, even with rend. Only reason I'd consider overpower is with momentum to help keep WotB up, but when stuff die so fast it's just falls off so fast regardless so I just gave up on it for exp farming.

MP0 actually "feels" slower because you can't keep berserker up, but when you time the total run time, it ends up slower to play on higher MP because of the extra time you spend on killing elites and high-HP normal monsters.

In my experience into the fray, unforgiving and furious charge added together give enough fury for using 1-2 rends per elite pack without being forced to stop sprinting. If you have fury issues, make sure you are only whirlwinding when monsters are actually blocking your path. In any other case, assuming your DPS is good enough for WotB to really fall off too much, sprint tornadoes should be more than enough to take out anything you run by. No real need for animosity nor overpower, even with rend. Only reason I'd consider overpower is with momentum to help keep WotB up, but when stuff die so fast it's just falls off so fast regardless so I just gave up on it for exp farming.

MP0 actually "feels" slower because you can't keep berserker up, but when you time the total run time, it ends up slower to play on higher MP because of the extra time you spend on killing elites and high-HP normal monsters.

Good point about Rend. I'll try that instead of OP and see how it goes. :)

And I'm guilty of overusing WW. Like you said, I should only use it when something is blocking me but I'm really having a hard time to resist the temptation to whirl through my enemies instead of just running past them. :P Maybe Rend will help me also in this regard.
    i am using similar build with rend instead of ground stomp - one critical rend kills elite enemy without my influence on mp1 )
    also i use other rune for overpower: impact (grants full fury bar in crowd) - it allows to stay in ww/sprint 95% of time, when there are enemies around.
    Looks good! Hmm arnt you worried missing drops going so fast?

fer, are you using 2h or dw?

2 Hander, i linked my profile in sig
    As for rend, I really would only need it when doing MP 2 or 3 to take those elites down faster, but then my sprint tornadoes wouldnt be enough to kill white mobs in my trail i assume, so kind of a waste... On MP 0 and 1 i kill elite packs under 10 sec already, charge -> stomp -> OP -> charge -> WW -> dead in 5 to 10 sec unless shielding

Looks good! Hmm arnt you worried missing drops going so fast?

Legendary drops make a sound and create ping on the minimap now, so it is easy to catch those. Of the yellow stuff i only pick up rings, amulets and sometimes archon gear / ilvl 63 weapons if i dont have to run back to pick em up.
    Ah yes, well the sound is a bit of a problem for barbs using overpower. there is some annoying bug with it that makes a similar sound. i hope they fix that soon. Im dev gonne try your build m8t, thx for sharing!
    10s for elites is a lot! Without rend I kill them in ~2-5 seconds, with rend it's hardly more than the time it takes to kill normal monsters, as a rend plus a single torando hitting an elite will generally kill it. Rare bosses might take an extra turn though but still die in a few seconds, much less than 10.
    I find this build much better than standard ww build if you have mediocre gear as you can easily hit 100k dps with a decent skorn, only problem arise if your defense is very low, in that case i greatly suggest using rend and life steal, it helps a LOT with elites.

Had difficulty with fury generation at the begging, then got better at using charge and never had it again.

Don't get a skorn with LS, way too expensive, get it with the belt. Thanks for the build!
    i think i'll give this a try, seems nice
    I've been using a variant of this build (switched out Stomp for Rend) for a couple of weeks, its much better than a standard wotb build for mp 0 and maybe even up to 2 with my gear. I tried it with a Skorn, but ultimately went back to a dual wield build with a Sunkeeper for the MF, elite bonus, and overall better damage output. I do have to be a bit more careful with my fury management, but my dps is high enough that mobs still die in one pass/tick anyway.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Bear-1702/hero/16810642
    100k with a skorn is basically like 50-70k with a strong main hand weak off hand combination for sprint/whirlwind, which should be just as easy to obtain if not easier, and give you more fury as a bonus.

I've been using a variant of this build (switched out Stomp for Rend) for a couple of weeks, its much better than a standard wotb build for mp 0 and maybe even up to 2 with my gear. I tried it with a Skorn, but ultimately went back to a dual wield build with a Sunkeeper for the MF, elite bonus, and overall better damage output. I do have to be a bit more careful with my fury management, but my dps is high enough that mobs still die in one pass/tick anyway.

http://us.battle.net...2/hero/16810642

A bit off-topic, since I don't use WW, but I do use a 2-hander, and what I love the most is using Ground Stomp/Wrenching Smash, pull in like 20 mobs, and rend them all. Life steal up the wazoo.
    This is my variation of a 2h ww build:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Svenny-2142/hero/11952139

leap with stun to hold mobs in place and stop incoming dmg + hota smash for those champions. Works great :)

http://eu.battle.net...2/hero/11952139

leap with stun to hold mobs in place and stop incoming dmg + hota smash for those champions. Works great :)

How on earth do you get the fury for all that?
    i just tried doing mp0 with my approach to 2H (http://www.diablofans.com/topic/78859-innovative-2h-farming-spec/)
    worked up pretty well (like ~7 min clear), but this guy's skorn is imba, mine is like a wooden stick compared to this : O

http://eu.battle.net...2/hero/11952139

How on earth do you get the fury for all that?

Fury is not a problem for me :) into the frey together with leap and overpower is enough to keep it up. If you are having trouble you can easly switch one passive for one that gives more fury regen :)
    Tried this build but I have some problems with single mobs that remains unkilled from a crowd raping

If I have charge on cd I just go for another pack and I leave them alive
    still 80m+/h is hard to believe for me : / (ive got socketed helmet, hellfire on my char, hellfire on scoundrel and still not even close)
    @OP: could u use this tool and post "data.txt" with at least 5 records in it? i'd like to take a close look on that
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes