Offhand dilemma - WW barbarian

I would suggest keeping the lifesteal to be honest. 2.4% lifesteal will become more and more potent for you as you improve your gear. It still has a nice amount of LoH on it. You might lose some dps, but the general rule of inferno is to stay alive and build from there.

If you are staying alive fine without the lifesteal (which I personally doubt, depends on ur farming etc) then definitely go for the mace.
    Low DPS offhand may be an annoyance, but low stats on the offhand and thus lower sprint tornado damage is completely terrible and much worse of a problem. Your money is much better spent on stats than on DPS on your offhand, at least until you reach the point your offhand have so many amazing stats that the only real way to upgrade it for a less-crazy price is to get one with more DPS.
    I also have a dilemma with my offhand. I've been thinking, got this great shield now (Stormshield) with high strength.. When I switch out this one for a weapon thats similar to my mainhand dps-wise with LS and crit and a socket, then my damage even lowers! Don't really understand whats going on here.. My dmg is now around 56k dps.

Here is my gear:
    d3/en/profile/Marinus-2357/hero/8012993

Gonna buy an IK helmet this evening, guess that should help a little bit with life% and after that it's back to farming for more stuff to sell and improve on something.. But what!?
    Obviously, if your new offhand has a lot less stats than your stormshield and similar DPS to your main hand, it will lower your character screen DPS. Not that your character screen DPS matters, but in this case you're losing sprint damage too because you're losing DPS due to loss of stats rather than due to lower offhand DPS. The former affects sprint damage too, while the latter only affects bash and whirlwind, which aren't nearly as important.

Obviously, if your new offhand has a lot less stats than your stormshield and similar DPS to your main hand, it will lower your character screen DPS. Not that your character screen DPS matters, but in this case you're losing sprint damage too because you're losing DPS due to loss of stats rather than due to lower offhand DPS. The former affects sprint damage too, while the latter only affects bash and whirlwind, which aren't nearly as important.

Ok, found a decent weapon for now. Off to battle! I can play MP3 now pretty quick, in MP4 I die all the time, so this is where the current border lies.
    When I have enough keys, I can respec to Revenge/Rend and whop some Uber Applesauce
    I have a offhand dilemma as well, so I might just use this thread rather than creating a new one. I really dont know should I use spear off hand atk spd 1.20 (with passive and echoing fury character sheet says its 1.7)

150 str, 150 vit, 960 life on hit, socket and critical hit dmg 57

or this one.

Check out my off in armory... Paid 30mill... But can't play without it anymore

I have a offhand dilemma as well, so I might just use this thread rather than creating a new one. I really dont know should I use spear off hand atk spd 1.20 (with passive and echoing fury character sheet says its 1.7)

or this one.

Go to that website that was linked on the first page of this thread, load your character, and then compare the items. For the record, Weapons Master only takes the weapon in your main hand into account, so you're not going to get any extra speed for that spear from the passive.

Weapons Master only takes the weapon in your main hand into account, so you're not going to get any extra speed for that spear from the passive.

If thats the case, then this is a nobrainer.
    hey, i dont want to make topic so ill ask here which weapon i should choose for my WW BARB?
    SPEAR 1060 dps 120str 92% crit damage
    Dagger 230 dps 8% iast 3% life steal 170 str 53% crit damage and free sox ?
    here is link to my armory http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Angu-2448/hero/1692334
    PLS help

hey, i dont want to make topic so ill ask here which weapon i should choose for my WW BARB?
    here is link to my armory http://eu.battle.net...48/hero/1692334
    PLS help

Need more infos about your weapons to compare it but feel free to change your offhand in Set 2 to compare it here:

http://www.d3rawr.com/d-35to60W3

Keep an eye on "Main Hand swing before using Sprint and WW" and "Off Hand swing before using Sprint and WW" in the Skill Damage tab. You can also click on "breakpoints" behind the Ticks per Second numbers for an overview and how much AS you need to reach them (you need 6% with your currenct gear for new MH and OH breakpoints / 5 ticks more)
    Hmm your link seems to be broken, and you have all infos about my weapons, you have link too armory too :/ i sitll dont know which one i should use ;S
    What does broken mean ? Everything works here.

Based on the info's i have:

Dagger:

tDPS: 386370
    BES: 965148
    Life gained by LS: 6800 HP per second
    1% LS: 323 LoH
    1000 LoH: 3.1% LS

Spear:

tDPS: 379440
    BES: 839096
    Life gained by LS: 4553 HP per second
    1% LS: 370 LoH
    1000 LoH: 2.7% LS

edit: just to show you how important that next breakpoint is:

Dagger:

tDPS: 428748
    BES: 1094611
    Life gained by LS: 7546 HP per second

Spear:

tDPS: 413590
    BES: 929324
    Life gained by LS: 4963 HP per second

40k / 34k dps and 700 / 400 more HP per second with only 6% more Attack Speed.

or this one.

Obviously the dagger. The stats are way better. Especially the extra healing.

here is link to my armory http://eu.battle.net...48/hero/1692334
    PLS help

Obviously the dager here too, stats way better and more than make up for the DPS loss for an offhand weapon for a sprint/ww barb.
    Great link, I used it to compare for my items, this is what I get:
    d3rawr.com/d-YF7j5vJA

Set 1 is what I used before, Set 2 is what I have now. Still trying to get better items... Takes a long time.
    hey sssdrawr, I can't thank you enough for building that page, it's been an enormous help! I have a quick question for you, when choosing upgrades, do you think it's better to prioritize improving BES or tDPS?
    Depends, if you die (too much) go for BES, else tDPS.
    hahahahaahahahahaha
    I wouldn't look at BES, really. If you have enough survivability to not die you don't need anymore. If you don't have enough survivability to not die, you need more almost regardless of how much DPS you lose. Max out your (true) DPS while keeping your survivability high enough so that you can survive basically anything. Yes, this isn't accurate as more survivability can allow you to ignore (rather than avoid) more nasty stuff and thus clear faster, but the EPS calculation isn't exactly accurate either.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes