Efficient farming?

Hi,
    I started playing D3 again last week, already got some paragon levels (7) and was able to kill Diablo on Inferno difficulty finally (really easy with tank barb, did like 30 tries with DH before I quit playing and couldn't finish him off).

So the last few days I farmed almost only Act3 on MP1/2 starting with the Siegebreaker quest, clearing the Keep Depths, Bridge of Korsikk and Rakkis Crossing including the dungeons on the way and the whole way to Azmodan. Is this really an efficient way to farm?
    My thought process was that I wanted to kill as many elites as possible with my NV stacks.

I did some key runs too and got 2 of 3 keys first try ;-p but should I really do runs to obtain a Hellfire Ring because this will probably take a lot of time without high MP.
    Or should I do exp runs for paragon levels and then start farming again?

I got some almost decent gear with about 650 AR, 70k dps and 39k HP and a Hammer of the Ancients build with Skorn. Maybe there is a more effective build for my gear level?

eu battle net/d3/en/profile/%C3%84mpy-2563/hero/467488 ( I will relog once I get home in about an hour, Skorn doesn't show up in the profile yet)

Thanks for reading and helping,
    skapi
    farming hellfire rings isn't worth the time in my opinion when u can't kill wardens atleast at like mp6 and same thing with ubers, better focus on farming paragon levels (at this point u dont even need this 35% from ring, levels go very fast anyway). For most efficient leveling-wise route check "alkaizer method" on youtube (you start at core -> tower of the damned 1 - > arreat crater 2 -> bastion keep 2 -> fields of slaughter - best places with high mob density, many champions also). About the spec, most barbs use WW+sprint spec, since it's the fastest way of leveling/farming.
    There is a great post on the A3 farming route in the DH class thread. Tried it on MP2 and got an entire level in 1 run (6 to 7). Took about half an hour, but I am far from high damage or optimal build.
    I would still farm at least 1 hellfire ring. If you can't do it at high MP, just farm the keys at low MP as a part of your normal run, and then have someone extremely geared come kill the ubers for you at higher MP. Optimally, you'll have 2 more people like you in the game as well, so each opens only 1 portal, and the geared player gets a free chance at organs (not having to bring his own machine) while you 3 only use 1 device and get a much higher chance at organs as you would have had if you didn't bring the geared player along.

Even 1 hellfire ring with bad stats is awesome. Especially if you have no gold for a good high-stat ring and have many more paragon levels to go.
    Been wonderin about getting someone to help you. So far I have 6 keys, and I was wondering what is the best way to find a someone to help you fun the bosses when I get a set of 9?

Been wonderin about getting someone to help you. So far I have 6 keys, and I was wondering what is the best way to find a someone to help you fun the bosses when I get a set of 9?

Easy enough. If your not asking them to match portals its a free shot at organs for them. Just ask.

if you just run away and provide nothing, I'm pretty sure I could do MP5 for you. If you are capable of surviving / adding a bit of dps, probably 6.

Hang on, pretty important question here:

If I have a Key from the particular Act Keywarden, can I get another one? In other words: Can I have 2 of the same key in my possesion? So far I've been basing my runs on the assumption that once I have a key from Act X, it's useless for me to kill that keywarden again until I craft the Infernal Machine.
    Keys stack. Get them in sets of 3. As for those of you who offered to help me run it, TY. I currently run MP2-3 and could probably run 4 if I didn't mind dying a bit. Running a sword and board Frenzy/revenge build.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Stranglylucy-1792/hero/17574324

Could probably add something. Might be able to make a run tonight or tomorrow if anyone is interested.
    ^ with 64k dps? your not hitting enrage timers!?

I been doing lvl 7 ubers with 3 others, all higher dps and some times we hit enrage timers if things dont go smoothly.

EDIT: nevermind, I thought you were the other guy talking about lvl 5 or 6, not 2-3.

I been doing lvl 7 ubers with 3 others, all higher dps and some times we hit enrage timers if things dont go smoothly.

EDIT: nevermind, I thought you were the other guy talking about lvl 5 or 6, not 2-3.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Gebby-1896/hero/5840525

Here is my profile. I can solo MP 6 ubers pretty easy now
    I was wonderin if my farming method is as efficient as i thought../ how long does it take you all to make a full clear of act3?
    20m alk runs in act 3

I was wonderin if my farming method is as efficient as i thought../ how long does it take you all to make a full clear of act3?

Full clears are not efficient. Alk run is not a full clear. Also, the time for Alk run actually varies quite a bit, so it's best to just count your exp/hour averaged measured over at least 1 hour.
    MP0 is still efficient. Do alk route with mp0, might not feel like a lot of exp, but after you get done, you'll see how fast you did it, and it'll make sense.
    Thanks for the many replies so far, they really helped me a lot.

I was able to farm 3 infernal machines on mp3/4 (though mp4 was quite hard) and got a hellfire ring with the help of some people on MP7. Unfortunately the hellfire ring didn't turn out as a perfect one

Right now I am farming on act 3/mp2/alkaizer+warden , but it feels kind of slow because it takes about 25-30 minutes. Maybe I should stick to mp1.

Since I exchanged my old ring (smth like 7% attspeed, 4% crit and 30 average dmg) with the hellfire ring (190 str, 120 vit and some average dmg) I have the feeling that my fury regen is kind of slow and I cannot farm as fast as before and die more. But having +35% exp is really nice, so I thought about exchanging my offhand with a faster one, with higher crit dmg and more life on hit?

What would you change next? My budget is not that great, about 2 mio, but I might spend 5€ so let's say 12-15 mio budget

Thanks for your help again :-)

http://eu.battle.net...563/hero/467488

http://us.battle.net...96/hero/5840525

Here is my profile. I can solo MP 6 ubers pretty easy now

Until you get Siege and kuule.
    I would definitely just try and hit paragon 100 first.. that's my goal anyways
    Def push for paragon 100, if you want an easy way to get some fast xp, use this build
    us.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/7006894442
    Doesn't sound like a very efficient build Kioller...
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes