good or bad choice for main hand ?

Hi guys, just bought the main hand that you can see on my profile for 169m in the EU ah

http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/BangBoy-2270/hero/3675869

i'm a ww barb and my dps got increased by 6k and my life for 3,5k. but since i have bought it i have the feeling that i paid it too much. what do u think ?do u like it ?what will u pay for something like that ?

who thinks an achoing fury would be better ?why ?

(for mods: i've read the price check topic but i felt that this was not that kind of topic)
    well an axe would be a bit better because of speed but doesnt matter much, it has the right dps and stats (well str and vit are low but very good crit dmg), overall a good weapon BUT i dont think i'd buy it for 170mil, however the AH prices these days are so volatile it's hard to say what is overpriced and what isnt

as for echoing fury...well its pretty badass but it costs a fortune if you want one with good stats and dps and then there's that chance to fear which i think brings more bad than good to a WW barb so i avoid it
    I wouldn't recommend buying Echoing Fury, the proc is quite a bitch at the higher MP levels when the monsters have a lot of hitpoints on PTR.

I have a lot of money to spend on a mainhand and i have so far skipped Echoing Fury because of the fear, i actually like the proc on 1.0.4, but when the monsters get a lot of hitpoints, some mobs are quite the hassle because of it.

Echoing fury is just not suited for the high end WW barbarians in my opinion.
    you way overpayed

the str and vit are so low that just because they have it the price goes way up. search it without str or vit and then maybe add 20% and thats what its worth. its artificially inflated just because of those low stats. honestly you would have been better off going 90% crit damage and socket with life steal for MP10. or even a VERY high dps echo with a socket
    It's a good weapon and maybe even worth the 169mil. For me it would be a 14% boost to my sprint damage compared to my current weapon, and I've seen weapons that would give me a 9-10% DPS boost get bid up to 70-80 mil (final sale price when auction timed out).

You will do a higher sprint DPS with a slower main hand weapon. Each 0.1 speed decrease/increase in your main hand makes you gain/lose somewhere around 4% of your sprint damage. Same goes for offhand speed but in reverse (faster is better for offhand at about the same values). This is all because of how sprint alternates speed between the weapons but always uses main hand damage. Keep in mind these numbers refer to sprint damage only - For sprint builds faster weapons will always increase your fury availability, though as long as WotB is up fury has no real effect on your damage.
    reading the comments make me feel like a did the right choice.
    the stats are low but summed up they are like a "+130 stat" that is still not a big number but still not bad to have.
    it's easy to find weapons similar to mine but with 50% crit at half of the price i paid, i probably paid the extra price for the premium crit dmg mine have. but diablo is all like that. Finally, i'm now happy for taking that weapon.

echoing fury: don't know, the att speed give you more sprint tornados and therefor crit hits/fury for both the main hand and off hand, but the price for that is that the base dmg on those weapons are low, really low. so you crit maybe twice the times but for the half of the dmg. is it worth ?maybe yes if it wasn't for the fear on it thing. but still i haven't made my final idea on that weapon yet.
    The fear on echoing fury is a b*tch! Bought one for ww barb, for me that was the biggest mistake i made buying something in AH. Now saving up and looking to replace that darn thing.
    The fear proc from EF might become quite intolerable in 1.0.5, I'd hold my breath until 1.0.5 hits.
    @Mortumm
    Me too, now i'm using EF as main-hand and that fear proc is sick although its only 14.2%. Looking for another main-hand with less DPS but make me feel better.
    if you use ef on your off-hand then it wont trigger the proc when you wwing.

it's the best mainhand or offhand in the game hands down. yes, the proc is kinda annoying but against some bosses like uber is actually useful.
    Only problem with your new weapon -I see- is that it has a low attack speed. Check out discussions like Moldran's youtube video on 1.05 offensive stats and you find out that WW barb will be loving Attack speed.

Why is this? Cause Sprint is nerfed, you need to get the tornado procs from somewhere. In 1.05 it will be att speed.
    Quote from Cudez

Only problem with your new weapon -I see- is that it has a low attack speed. Check out discussions like Moldran's youtube video on 1.05 offensive stats and you find out that WW barb will be loving Attack speed.

Why is this? Cause Sprint is nerfed, you need to get the tornado procs from somewhere. In 1.05 it will be att speed.

att spd is important, but you also need to get some good amount of dmg. the problem with fast weapon is the low base attack dmg that is the one that moltiplies with crit hit dmg and gives you those big numbers on the screen.
    IMHO it's not easy to understand where it's better to have lower crits and more of them or the opposite.

when your main outsource of dmg is the sprint tornados you know that the dmg is done just by the main hand and thats why i allways prefer maces (not EF). when the sprint procs from the main hand att speed, i will get less crits but still with big numbers. When off hand procs (dagger) i will have thousend of crits and at their max value.

btw i'm ok with axe too but they have to be 1150 dps+ to be acceptable IMO.
    Quote from 07Ghost

if you use ef on your off-hand then it wont trigger the proc when you wwing.

it's the best mainhand or offhand in the game hands down. yes, the proc is kinda annoying but against some bosses like uber is actually useful.

I am quite sure even in the off hand it will trigger, since I was playing around with an earthshatter right after the patch went live and in the offhand ww and sprint both triggered the proc. But if you aren't going to use EF in the main hand, why would u bother getting it at all?

To answer the question by the OP, I wouldn't pay that much for that weapon, however I'm on US and so maybe the economy is significantly different here. But then again, I wouldn't be surprise to see someone post it for that amount of gold. Just because that is the price of items on the AH doesn't mean that is what you should pay for them. For that amount of gold, I would want some LL. With amulets (100% CD) and rings rolling much higher CD in this upcoming patch, its not quite as vital to get super high rolls on your weapons as it was (still important tho).
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes