Stuck on Diablo (inferno)

Hi guys,

My profile - http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Tichinde-2105/

I am stuck on big D. Really my problem is the clone as i can reach phase 2 easily enough. My current setup is my act 3 farming layout. I have a higher dps, high loh sword and a high vit + all res and block chance shield in my stash Plus a few random other bits and pieces.

Really its spec and tactics I need. Have tried a few different specs and as i say, phase 1 is not a problem but I get instagibbed when fighting the clone. How do other people spec for the fight / handle the clone?
    You have very bad dps and in my humble opinion you need to change few things in your gear.

1-Get new weapons with at least 800 dps + sock + crit damage
    2-Get new amulet with crit + crit damage + str
    3-Get a bracers with crit + str + vit + all res
    4-Get new glvoes with str + crit + crit damage
    5-Burn your shoulders and get one with str + vit + all res. I canĀ“t udnerstand why you are using a shoulders with dex (low dex) you are a barb not a monk/dh.

This 5 steps can be made with a low budget and you see a huge boost at your dps.

Cheers for the input.

The shoulders aren't my main pair, they are just what I wear in my current setup and only for the crit.

You say my dps is low but as I said, its not those weapons I use. Last time I tried I had about 21k dps with my other setup, also crit chance is not that important on a tanking build is it? I thought it was only really builds like the whirlwind one I'm using where it was that much of a priority.

If I wasn't on my phone at work I'd give more detail on stats, gear and skills ive tried. Might be able to later when I get home.
    Quote from SleeplessCynic

The shoulders aren't my main pair, they are just what I wear in my current setup and only for the crit.

*Facepalm*
    Hang on. My shoulder don't have crit. Think I'm mixing my gear up. That said I have another pair of shoulders, another 2 pairs if gloves, another ring, a helm etc.. the shoulders I believe I put on to replace all res I lost removing the gloves.and shield I was using. Hard to say when I'm on my phone. Anyway this is the item arrangement that works best for dual wielding Might download an armoury app.

Or do some actual work....
    Your DPS is fine for doing Diablo on Inferno. I managed to kill him easily on the PTR with my hardcore barbarian (http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Celade-2713/hero/13285599) that had around 18K DPS. I know that the incoming damage on the PTR is lower, but I'm pretty sure I could also do it on live without dying to the clones.

I'm not sure how good your tanking gear is, but with a really defensive build like mine you could give it a try. Just make sure to always keep up Rend for the healing and damage, maybe swap out Inspiring Presence for another passive if you want.
    My other gear gives me 21k DOS, about 40k health, around 800ar (buffed), 19% block(?). As I say, this set is just so I have enough crit for keeping whirlwind and wotb going.

Also may be worth noting I get through phase 1 in about 2 - 3 minutes so i don't know why, gear wise I get oneshot by the clone.

I'll certainly try the build mate.
    Actually it's similar to what I use but I have leap on mouse 2 and instead of rend I have ignore pain with the healing rune. Also frenzy sidearm but that changes frequently.
    If your problem is phase 2 u need to kite more and don't tank ur clone but slowly wear it down with tornadoes (ofc going in for hits and such if u can) and maybe you should replace cleave with leap just for the boss, I did him at around your gear level and it's absolutely doable as long as u don't play like when ur farming acting like nothing can kill you
    I don't get it - isn't double tornado build crappy for single target? Why use it against Diablo? I've only reached lvl 60 a few days ago, so I don't know much about the build (what's good and what's bad about it).

Why not just get more tanky by actually using a shield against Diablo and ditch Whirlwind, Sprint and Thrive of Chaos? Too oldschool?
    It's amazing how few people actually read what they are posting on. At no point have I said I use whirlwind against Diablo. I said thats my act 3 farming setup.

That said I've seen videos of the double tornado build taking down bosses easily enough.
    Actually double tornado build is awesome for bosses. A boss allows you to keep up WOTB the entire time because you never have a problem generating fury. I take down Inferno Diablo in about 4 min and my gear is nowhere near great.

To the OP the build I like using if I'm using my 2 hander (yes I know you didn't say anything about using a 2h) is:
    Bash-punish
    Rend-blood lust (I think that's the LS one)
    Leap-iron impact
    War cry-impunity
    Battle rage-marauders rage
    Furious charge -dreadnaught

Passives-weapon master, ruthless, berserker rage (the one tgat gives more damage with full fury)

Now I have a lot more dps than you so that works for me. If I were you maybe try WOTB-insanity instead of furious charge and the better armor passive for you instead of the berserker one.
    Your gear is exceptionally bad, my fellow player. It reminds me of the gear we were wearing months ago at the very begnning of inferno, and the fact that you even got to Diablo with it (even if inferno is nerfed now) shows you have somewhat decent (or better) skills.

As far as your gear goes, your life would be 10x easier and you would faceroll Diablo if:

1. You got new weapons. Something 800+ DPS. With socket of course. If you have the spare gold upgrade those crit dmg gems.

2. Got a new amulet. That one's really crappy dude. You don't need MF as you are currently concentrating on ass kickage. There's a plethora of wonderful stats you could get on an amulet including, but not limited to LoH, crit, crit dmg, AS and resists. Just strength/vit doesn't really cut it.

3. Got a helm with a socket, and put a purple gem in it for a ginormous HP boost.

4. Got a chest w/ 3 sockets and pants with 2.

I believe the upgrades I mentioned above do not require that much gold or farming at all. If purchased completely from AH, I would assume it would cost around 5 to 10 million for all of that, maybe even less if you're lucky.

...and as far as the fight goes, just remember that the hardest part is fighting your mirror dudes... they can sometimes do wicked dmg. In third phase just make sure to dodge his super lazor beam and don't get caught in those ground-cages in general.

I hope this helps.
    Quote from Celade

Your DPS is fine for doing Diablo on Inferno. I managed to kill him easily on the PTR with my hardcore barbarian (http://eu.battle.net...3/hero/13285599) that had around 18K DPS. I know that the incoming damage on the PTR is lower, but I'm pretty sure I could also do it on live without dying to the clones.

I'm not sure how good your tanking gear is, but with a really defensive build like mine you could give it a try. Just make sure to always keep up Rend for the healing and damage, maybe swap out Inspiring Presence for another passive if you want.

Well, you're using a tank build while OP uses a dps one. And it's so much different. The clone almost melts my barb (http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Romanshi-2137/hero/468554) - i need to use WoTB to nuke him fast enough and to get some more defensives. So it's not even possible to kill Diablo with stats which OP gave link to.
    As to ppl who doubt the effectiveness of WW build vs 1 target (boss) right now: under WoTB i totally ignore blood pools while killing Azmodan and just spin around him. Easy kill in less than a minute.
    If you aren't in a hurry wait for 1.0.5,a lot easier
    Or ask some high-dps player do help you =)
    First time i killed diablo on inferno, was as a all out tank sword & board, with this build http://eu.battle.net...XVki!Veb!acaccb

charge and leap for mobility and some added defense. good to get out of fire fast in p3 when he often casts more then 1 at a time.
    And for phase 2, all u need to do against your mirror is, charge him(if its ready), leap on him, then when the 4 sec runs out use Ignore Pain. That way u will have a long long time where u take almost no dmg and your LoH will just heal u up.
    When Diablo makes the fire on the ground in p2, i only used charge to get out of it, so i was sure that leap would be ready for the mirror.
    This way u shouldnt have any propblems with your mirror and then get to p3.
    And p3 is just a walk in the park, as long as u dont take any chances :)

Think i only had 15k dps and 600LoH when i killed him. which actually made it a very fun, cuz the fight wasnt over in a few minutes like it is now with my 2hander and 150k dps :)

That said, u prolly still a few upgrades, but not a whole lot. Act 3 and 4 have been nerfed since i killed diablo the first time so u dont need as much all resist as i did back tehn.
    But u have several items with only 40 resist, and its not like they then have a butload of strength for more dps. Getting those items with 60+ resist really wont cost much. And u should even be able to get more strength at the same time without it costing a lot.

Dont worry about dps, as long as u have enough dps to kill your mirror b4 diablo comes back, u have plenty dps.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes