WW Barbs Nerfs in patch 1.0.5 and what you need to Upgrade before the patch hits

A ) Get 5 parts from Immortal King (Helm, Chest, Belt , Boots and Gloves) - not needed, but it can't hurt. some other better rolled pieces can do just fine.
    B ) Get a Mighty Weapon in Main Hand. - not needed, fury generation isn't an issue...I don't use a Mighty weapon or animosity...still fury capped.
    C ) If you can't get " A) " then buy Gear with a lot of All Resist.- don't use WC-impunity at all 650-750 resists is still good...

MP10 was doable..takes awhile but doable.... but for efficiency and speed I'll just be running MP6 anyway.
    B ) You won't get the "Life Steal" Factor so often from the tornadoes u left behind you.

Saw this and stopped reading.
    Uhhhhh I played my barb in ptr and I do just fine doing acts with MP5. If i have full IK armor, which I'm working on, I'll farm MP10 all day. People that have played WW barb in ptr and cry a lot is because they don't have great gear. http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Zekeus-1607/hero/104033
    Quote from djxt22

Uhhhhh I played my barb in ptr and I do just fine doing acts with MP5. If i have full IK armor, which I'm working on, I'll farm MP10 all day. People that have played WW barb in ptr and cry a lot is because they don't have great gear. http://us.battle.net...607/hero/104033

+1 after patch u will need great gear to farm MP10 :/
    Quote from ZFPuhi

Why is this a bad thing? Its something to work towards. The highest difficulty should require the best gear.
    Quote from ZFPuhi

Oh shit, barbs will need more than 1m worth of items to farm efficiently. Why do you nerf barbs like that Blizz...
    Quote from Gebby

B ) You won't get the "Life Steal" Factor so often from the tornadoes u left behind you.

+500
    Quote from xaimx

Quote from ZFPuhi

Why is this a bad thing? Its something to work towards. The highest difficulty should require the best gear.

Even right now Barb Items are So So UP at the Price :/ after patch they will even grow More :(
    Quote from Gebby

Totally agree +1 for you from me xDD

Does the fury gain ( with items and passives) , coupled with the decrease cost of whirlwind will enable us to whirlwind forever ?

Might try other rune variant if thats the case.
    Well i have been testing a lot on the ptr and my opinion is: On mp10 you wont kill trashies anyways or just alongside an pack. Pretty pointless to do 6mhp+ for nothing. ~500resist and 7.5k+ armor is fine. Do not use war cry use rend or otherwiese packs will just life forever. Yellow champs still live a bit longer for me like 1min20-30 but others fall in 30-40sek which is a reasonable time.
    Gear i would absolutely go for now is at least a weapon with lifesteal und the ik belt so you have at least 5.2% LS. LOH became pretty much useless with rend ticking for 25-150k per half a sek it is engough heal. LOh wont hurt but not needed. I personlally run with like 1k. Fury is still a bit an issue if only 1 mob is alive i.e yellow champs which are running away. Another thing is get like 50-60k HP for ubers they hitting like trucks from time to time.
    One item which I think is a must have is Stone of Jordan with at least 28% dmg and 6% elemental dmg. It is just such an high dps increase. Skill doesnt matter that much unless 5% whirlwind crit + but i have been looking for one of these for quite some time and nothing.
    Quote from ZFPuhi

Quote from xaimx

Quote from ZFPuhi

Even right now Barb Items are So So UP at the Price :/ after patch they will even grow More :(

I doubt it, the bar for what the top end gear is at is going to be raised, more gear will become available with the increased droprates of legendaries and all items being rolled at ilvl63, it will be much easier to find gear, and the market will be flooded with gear that is considered pretty good right now. Give it a week or two and gear that costs 100mil right now will be down to 10-20mil
    Life steal will not be touched and will be superior to Life on Hit. Life steal is generated by the damage you dealt so it has nothing to do with the proc of your tornadoes.
    Quote from bdizzle28

Life steal will not be touched and will be superior to Life on Hit. Life steal is generated by the damage you dealt so it has nothing to do with the proc of your tornadoes.

Okey okey so i made a mistake about the Life Steal cuz i was thinking the Proc DPS from the Tornado will be lowered (so that means less dps - > less life steal)
    Tested it out, with full MF gear roughly 80k DPS MP5 is accomplishable efficiently, maybe 10% -15% slower than live 04.

Only thing that i noticed that was really a bother is the fact that WOTB uptime is not so good due to the fact that rage gen is not ticking so much from tornados during its duration. All the dmg is still there, but the fury income isnt, so mobs die and you dont get a lot of extra uptime.
    THe thing it will require the most is a change in the playstyle and maybe i suppose a little getting used to a little lower expectation regarding the efficiency of your WOTB uptime.

Regarding the real nerfs though, elites do hit like a truck, i ran with no impunity, with roughly 600 all res (had actual 750ish fire res) and a molten, fast, electrified, shielding, succubus seemed too much trouble to be worth it after killing me once.
    They do hit like a truck... so it is delusional to say all that crap about 25% less dmg blablah. Not only the succubus that has her little debuff thingy, but some of those fatases that shield too, their normal fireball attacks eat up large chuncks of hp making you feel like you "should kite" them with tornados till they heal you....but they dont.

04 if you have 600 all res, that is equal 900 with impunity.
    05 if you have 600 all res, that is equal to 720 with impunity, 20% less total all res.
    Ok mobs hit 25% less dmg than 04, but they will be hitting a lower res threshhold with only a 5% reduced correlation between the dmg ratio and the res ppl can have. BUT, they have 2, 3 four and up to 20 times more HP, which results in them hitting you for longer periods of time if your chars dmg remains the same as current live.
    LOH isnt enough to keep you alive anymore due to the proc nerf so the only available escape is real high crit chance, crit dmg and 3% Lifesteal in the very least.

One other note, i tested lacunis and normal bracers, tested IAS rings and no IAS.
    The atk speed did not really seem to do all that much to help, might be worth consideration if you really need it at all. Just hit them hard, very hard, with 6% lifesteal and it will work out, a bit diferently, but will work. Needs more testing though.
    Quote from ZFPuhi

Quote from bdizzle28

Okey okey so i made a mistake about the Life Steal cuz i was thinking the Proc DPS from the Tornado will be lowered (so that means less dps - > less life steal)

Why didn't you edit it out of your post then? its misleading, editing it out my self now.
    Proc DPS? Do you even know what a proc is? Barb gains no DPS from proc coefficient, only fury on crit and life on hit. Also damage if you use Slaughter rune but most don't use that rune anyway.
    hm, i still dont get it...

my crazy math!

if they nerf run like the wind for 0.2 to 0.08
    that is what 2000 LoH is in 04
    it will be like 800 LoH in 05
    x 25% monster nerf we could say it buff you ...
    then its 0.08 x 1.25 = 0.1
    so LoH from like run the wind is more or less nerfed by 50%

we fix that with more Loh ??
    example: you have 2x 700 Loh wepons = 1400 Loh,
    you go for wepons that have 700 Loh and LS (2<3)
    than you get some Ls on belt and you/ME will be fine?!

i tryed to switch my 2k Loh in 04 (with that i dont die at all) to 9LS in 04 and i get rly raped some times (have around 50k dps).
    so rly dont know wtf to expect when patch is up :/
    1 man army
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes