wwbarbs 1.0.5?

honestly, u dont play barb ( or u got like 30k dps) if ui think our dps is 80% from winds...please man, mobs are killed from ww ...

Wrong, wrong and wrong. :) I play WW barb (among other things), he has 100k+ DPS and RLtW is the main source of our DPS. Next.
    How the hell that guy expects reduced proc coef. lead to reduced damage?
    It seems people in here talk about the nerf differently. To some it seems sprint will do EXACTLY the same damage. To other it seems the damage will be wildly nerfed.

Can we get this straight?

two things:

1. Does the nerf mean: how many times a tonado hits a target every second is reduced?
    2. Does the nerf mean: It will hit as much as I did in 1.04, but the chance to proc LL/fury gen will be recued?

I don’t get it, some say it wont affect damage some say it will. Im a shit barb with 50k dps and to me tonadoes are by FAR the best DPS, if they are reduced by say 30% even, im fucked.
    It is straight already. If you, guys, don't know what proc coefficient is, you should just go and read some theorycrafting.

Lifesteal, damage stays the same. LOH, chance to trigger BR rune that gives you fury a lowered. Also, shitty legendary random procs and other stuff are lowered too.
    Its the proc coefficient meaning what is procced off the tornados ie. LL, LoH, item procs

Thumbs up for them trying to spread arcane sentries out a bit more.

Arcane + Horde was like trying to play laser tag against 5000 midgets hopped up on caffiene and diet pills.
    Lifesteal does not depend on proc coef, only LOH does.
    The damage of tornadoes remains unchanged. The number of tornadoes as well. What changes is the way tornado hits will trigger Life On Hit and Fury generation. This will be reduced by roughly 60%.

To sum up, WW barbs will generate 60% less fury and heal 60% less from LoH.

There is really nothing involving damage in there. But DPS has never been an issue with the WW build, since even with low DPS, it would just take a bit longer to kill stuff.

But LoH matters since it's what keeps you alive without having to worrying to much about running into tons of mobs.

And fury generation matters since it's what allows you to keep sprinting, whirling and having WoTB up 100% of the time.
    About the changing MH to mightyweap, doesnt ekstra fury on hit work with the offhand?

About the changing MH to mightyweap, doesnt ekstra fury on hit work with the offhand?

passive "weapons master" applies only to MH, so also you don't get 10% crit chance for having axe in offhand.
    so we are lookin for some build lookin like this
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#ahURPc!YZg!YZbYbc
    could go with bloodthirst...

so when they nerf npc dmg, we get less fury and speed, but more dmg ?!
    1 man army

Lifesteal does not depend on proc coef, only LOH does.

That's fortunate, since lifesteal is reduced by 80% in Inferno already...

eu.battle.net...URPc!YZg!YZbYbc

No. You'll still need Run like the Wind on Sprint, because that's where most of our damage comes from and it's not damage that's being nerfed. Only LoH and BR proc from the tornadoes are being nerfed.

The proc rate is going to affect fury generation and LOH. Survivability is going to go down a touch. It's going to be much harder to keep up WOTB for a full duration. DPS wise, we should still be the same.

Should be a pretty big hit, but WW/tornadoes have been crazy good. Luckily these are the PTR patch notes. They can still make changes down the road.

Yes, they got more time to add 5 sec cooldown to sprint.
    Currently played toon:
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rage-2973/hero/28310

Profit:
    Flipping/Sniping: 6577€
    you will be ok, on moster lvl 1 to 3. You will be dying without MASSIVE lifeonhit or massive DPS+ls above this point.
    Diablo 3 Progress (clearing all content, doing bosses with 5 stacks, no exploits no bug abusement, solo only)
    Softcore (Barbarian) (Wizzard):
    All clear.
    Hardcore (Witch Doctor):
    King Leoric Inferno - dead Butcher Inferno - dead

eu.battle.net...URPc!YZg!YZbYbc

No. You'll still need Run like the Wind on Sprint, because that's where most of our damage comes from and it's not damage that's being nerfed. Only LoH and BR proc from the tornadoes are being nerfed.

yes, thank m8, more or less its the same build than we just need to get more LS and all resist, and watch what will hapen with fury regen, but still we have now lot to "combine", should't be that big deal...
    1 man army
    its quite logical that you have to sacrifice something for the speed of this build, in this case it means 1 passive and axes/maces in the favor of animosity and mighty weapons, which I'm fine with.

Some people seem to forget that they reduced the cost of WW and that they buffed animosity, personally i never kite with run like the wind anymore, run like a wind is not exactly an expensive spender, i can keep up WW and run like the wind in all fights, now we get reduced fury cost on WW (which is the biggest fury eater in this build).

Even with 35k HP i almost never have to leave my "whirlwind/tornado circle" to regain back life, WW is our main skill for healing (at least mine), and it got buffed.

Hopefully this post wont come back and bite me in the ass, but I'm quit sure this build will be just as viable (or very close to it) if people switch to mighy weapons and animosity.
    So considering I have 1950 LoH I should be gearing now to as much LS I can get right?
    MH + OH + belt + Bloothirst... anything I am missing?
    No need to overdo it in my opinion.

Offhand with crit dmg, LoH, socket +stat (if you can afford), LL belt and LL on MH should be more then enough.

It kind of depends on your DPS, my healing comes mainly from WW and not the tornados.
    Enchantress
    Powered Armor - Armor bonus reduced from 15% to 5%

Not barb specific but still a nerf to WW build since every one of us uses it.

Enchantress
    Powered Armor - Armor bonus reduced from 15% to 5%

Not barb specific but still a nerf to WW build since every one of us uses it.

I always used the scoundral for the extra 3% crit. Every piece of crit helps. Well actually I play public games more often because it's a lot easier to stay alive when you have range helping out.. and MF doesn't average out anymore.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes