wwbarbs 1.0.5?

Quote from way2mighty

will ww barb be doable with 1.,0.5?

1.0.5 ptr patchnotes:

Sprint
    Skill Rune – Run Like the Wind
    Proc coefficient reduced from 0.2 to 0.08

No, this only change will kill double tornado build :(

There may be other ways to compensate the fury generation but I see no alternative to the life on hit.
    and the build is not working with other WW rune then hurricane.

Same happen with the HotA-Devil's Anvil build.
    not big nerf, tbh it just slow down super geard people since they could "sprint" whole game.
    now we will lost LoH, but will go for LS, and switching berseker to that "aoe" dmg, and get even more dmg...
    we will focus on gear with LS (no more neck's, ring's, or set legs LoH), we change (let's say) LoH from neck for all resist, and get around 8 LS+ (1h+1h+belt) and we will could be slower but we will do even more dmg + we could go for rend in build instead of war cry.

but this need to be PTR test, so we will be ready for change's
    1 man army
    Sure the build got nerfed a bit... but it will still definitely be more than viable. Damage is still the same, Lifesteal is unaffected, and WotB still exists. Maybe that cooldown will actually be used as a COOLDOWN instead of as a constant buff. Find a tough pack that needs to be obliterated? Use Insanity. Heck, even nerfed, the Chaos rune will have more than enough uptime to accomplish its main purpose, which is to ignore enemy CC. Most enemies don't CC anywhere near enough to require the protection. The other various bonuses of WotB are nice to have but not critical to the function of the build.

This MAY become an issue at higher monster power, but I doubt it.
    Well, I was already transitioning to something else and it seems it will be even stronger in 1.0.5 than I thought.
    I was rollin' with a cm wiz pre 1.o4 patch, then I decided to roll a ww barb.....

Why is this happening!!????? :QQ:

See you guys in TL 2? :Thumbs Up:
    "The Unchosen" Pain of Admirance Sigil (For those without -Feat of Strength-):

http://i.imgur.com/O7Oeo.png

I received TWO beta keys. Eat it and like it.
    Currently the fury cost of ww is almost equal to what I gain in mob heavy areas so wouldnt the reduction to fury cost just mean I could ww endlessly?

That's what it seems like. Maybe use marathon for the added extra 2 seconds of movement speed and pair the lower cost of ww with higher CC to make it work as the main damage source.
    What this does is make WW barb more of a luxury clas/spec. It will work just fine like it always has for those barbs with 55%+ CC and stacking LL, because their gear is great and LL has become more powerful than LoH for them anyways. For those who decided to roll barb because they saw Alkaizer hit lvl 100 paragon a couple weeks ago...well it sux to be you, unless you had 250mil to spend on your gear.

For me, this really doesn't look like it will affect me much at all. Most of the fury I gain is wasted because I'm already fury capped, and 40% reduction to the cost of the ability that uses 90% of the fury you spend makes this pretty much a non issue. Yeah my LoH will be less useful, but since armor passives are taking a hit I was planning on switching to Bloodthirst anyways, so that will more than make up for it.
    Quote from Richtko

Currently the fury cost of ww is almost equal to what I gain in mob heavy areas so wouldnt the reduction to fury cost just mean I could ww endlessly?

That's what it seems like. Maybe use marathon for the added extra 2 seconds of movement speed and pair the lower cost of ww with higher CC to make it work as the main damage source.

That would result in a massive damage hit, since most of the damage comes from sprint. Damage is not being nerfed, just its effectiveness to proc LoH and Fury regen.
    Quote from ThatDangGuy

Luckily these are the PTR patch notes. They can still make changes down the road.

Indeed.

It just means the more attackspeed, the more you gain from your LoH/Lifesteal and easier beserker uptime.
    Fury generation is nerfed all lot.
    Quote from PsyBomb

Maybe that cooldown will actually be used as a COOLDOWN instead of as a constant buff. Find a tough pack that needs to be obliterated? Use Insanity. Heck, even nerfed, the Chaos rune will have more than enough uptime to accomplish its main purpose, which is to ignore enemy CC. Most enemies don't CC anywhere near enough to require the protection. The other various bonuses of WotB are nice to have but not critical to the function of the build.

This MAY become an issue at higher monster power, but I doubt it.

The better your gear gets, the more true this becomes. Mobs die so quickly for me, Its very difficult to have wotb up full time since I only get a couple crits on them before they die. I ususally just use it as a cooldown as is right now, and then once the elite mob dies I try to stretch it out as much as I can, but very seldomly can I make it last forever, unless I get the perfect mob spawns.
    I'm glad i switched to mighty weapons some days ago, might even have to switch a passive to animosity.

A nerf was well deserved though, i was sure they would change how the thrive on chaos rune worked and not this.
    Wrong post, edited.
    i think this will not affect me so much
    with like 145k dps buffed i kill when hitting WW only
    of course some fury regen will go off but..just learn to play and will be good
    some challenge :)
    Not too worried about this change either. Currently using a +Armor passive, with the nerfs to difficulty (unless you add Monster Power) I'm sure I can go for Animosity instead. Might not be able to have as much uptime on WotB as I have now, but that should be alright.
    its a well deserved nerf, that doesn't necessarily break the whole specc. a nice sideaffect of this (besides the warcry nerf) is more build diversity.
    since 1.04 i'm already using rend instead of ww. after 1.05 i might skip sprint aswell and use charge / merciless assault or just go with 24% movement speed. :P
    Somebody give me the "Prophet" tag/rank please. :) I remember arguing somebody in these forums a while ago that WW will be nerfed through the Run Like the Wind proc reduction and BAM! there you go.

Honestly, I don't get why people think this is not a DPS nerf. With sprint being like 80-90% of our DPS, the RLtW proc chance reduction is a HUGE nerf to this spec's damage. The LOH problem can be compensated (but not with LL, since your DPS will go down by A LOT, making LL useless for you). The Fury starvation can be resolved with a mighty weapon. But there's no way you'll ever compensate such a huge loss of DPS.
    What the hell are you talking about ?? RLtW proc COEFFICIENT. This means things that proc OFF of it IE LOH and our rage builder. The WW it creates will still be doing the same dmg and we will still have as many WW as we did before. Our damage is unchanged. What people need to work on now is how to recover from the rage and LOH/LL issues. But since the dmg has been nerfed by 25% on creatures we should be fine with LOH and LL
    Quote from SolTheDruid

Somebody give me the "Prophet" tag/rank please. :) I remember arguing somebody in these forums a while ago that WW will be nerfed through the Run Like the Wind proc reduction and BAM! there you go.

Honestly, I don't get why people think this is not a DPS nerf. With sprint being like 80-90% of our DPS, the RLtW proc chance reduction is a HUGE nerf to this spec's damage. The LOH problem can be compensated (but not with LL, since your DPS will go down by A LOT, making LL useless for you). The Fury starvation can be resolved with a mighty weapon. But there's no way you'll ever compensate such a huge loss of DPS.

honestly, u dont play barb ( or u got like 30k dps) if ui think our dps is 80% from winds...please man, mobs are killed from ww ...
    Quote from cw30000

I really think the d3 team is retard. Every patch they made is to piss people off.

WW Barb Gone
    Hammer Barb Gone
    Crit Mass Wiz Gone or soon to be
    Super fast monk Gone
    Glass cannon - gone

CM Wizards are far from gone.
    Quote from vdro

Quote from SolTheDruid

honestly, u dont play barb ( or u got like 30k dps) if ui think our dps is 80% from winds...please man, mobs are killed from ww ...

he is wrong about the dps nerf, but hes right about tornados doing most of the dmg. WW only starts doing proper dmg once you have a high dps OH (which a huge majority of tornado babrs don't) and its still not close to what RLtW does.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes