WW barb! Axe/mace vs. mighty weapon

I have WW barb with axe and total of 43% crit chance

Is it worth loosing 10% crit for 3 fury per hit?

What's minimum crit chance for mighty weapon? I have big issue with fury,when there's 1 elite mob left I usually have to run around him because I don't have enough fury for WW
    Barbs usually switch to MW when their dmg with maces/axes is too high and they're basicly 1shooting everything on their path - therefore chance for getting fury from crit goes down dramaticly. For you I would suggest getting more crit - it will make your life easier and if you're fresh barb it will take a lot of time before you'll have to worry about 1shooting mobs ;)
    Even more, I think that after 1.0.5 and ability to change difficulty most of barbs will get back to maces/axes simply for higher dmg output.
    Bang
    I just switched to mighty weapons a few days ago, I'm sitting at 43% crit now unbuffed, it was well worth it, i also switched over to boon of bul-kathos passive and now i have close to 100% uptime on WOTB, i wouldn't recommend switching to mighty weapons unless you have 40% crit when using a mighty weapon.

Doubt i will go back to axe/mace even after the patch.
    I am in the Market for a new weapon too. Going LS/sock/ EF in OH. Torn between axe or mace main hand or going with Mighty. I have 43 crit unbuffed, and it seems i can get a high end mighty alot cheaper than an axe. I have about 150 mil for the MH. I do not care about farming speed I'd like to build my toon for end game MP8-10. love to hear more on the MH debate.
    If you are going for higher MPs the fury generation from mighty weapons is quite wasted in my opinion.
    I would either go for axe/mace or for a sword if you can get one a lot cheaper. 15% more dmg isn't bad at all.
    For 150m you can get a 1.1k weapon with critdmg and socket. Add ls and it will go up drastically. But if you already have it on your EF and belt? than that should be enough.
    Good point on the fury regen for higher MP.
    Mighty weapon by a mile. You dont need the dmg the 10% crit provide. But the fury you get via the mighty weapon will speed things up.
    Currently played toon: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rage-2973/hero/8990624
    Profit: Flipping/Sniping: 6577€
    Quote from Huminator

Mighty weapon by a mile. You dont need the dmg the 10% crit provide. But the fury you get via the mighty weapon will speed things up.

for lower Monster Power you are right, if you have enough crit, but for higher monster power you will need the 10% crit and you don'T need the extra fury.
    Quote from Tazeon

Quote from Huminator

for lower Monster Power you are right, if you have enough crit, but for higher monster power you will need the 10% crit and you don'T need the extra fury.

I assume he plays low monster power, as there is no reason at all to high monster power. Unless you farm keys and do ubbers. All ordinary playing is on low mp. Unless ofc you love bad xp and less legendaries.
    Currently played toon: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/profile/Rage-2973/hero/8990624
    Profit: Flipping/Sniping: 6577€
    Quote from Huminator

Quote from Tazeon

Quote from Huminator

I assume he plays low monster power, as there is no reason at all to high monster power. Unless you farm keys and do ubbers. All ordinary playing is on low mp. Unless ofc you love bad xp and less legendaries.

or loving the challenge and longer fights or you have very good gear and have a higher exp/hour on higher mp.

but his main problem is only if one elite is left.
    I don't know if he have problems to maintain 100% wotb uptime, then maybe I would suggest 5set ik and / or mgihty weapon.
    on other solution would be to pull the last elite into the next group or finish him with bash.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes