Strength-DPS relations

Hey,

Rather than using DPS spreadsheets all the time, is there an estimated relation between DPS and strength on weapon. I mean fx. is a 1300 DPS and 300 str weapon, better than a 1500 DPS and 0 str weapon?

I know this isn't a static calculation, but it should be possible to make some sort of average for an endgame geared barb.

Thanks!
    (Weapon #1 dps) * (Strength with weapon #1 equipped) vs. (Weapon #2 dps) * (Strength with weapon #2 equipped)

Use whichever one is higher
    (assuming swing speed, and all other stats are constant)
    Deleted my response, above poster is much easier than my method
    That calculation might work for like 200-300 str weaps, but what about weaps with no str at all? Are they just that useless? (I'm planning on using a 2-hander btw).
    Quote from Noceo

That calculation might work for like 200-300 str weaps, but what about weaps with no str at all? Are they just that useless? (I'm planning on using a 2-hander btw).

If you have 2000 strength, you can forgo additional strength and get a weapon with much higher other stats or at a cheaper price. But if you're at 1500 or less and have armor below 6000, you might consider getting strength wherever you can.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes