Sever is kind of overpowered!

Can anyone say something to my questions above? *G*

thx!!! ^^
    Quote from Buffydamion

thx!!! ^^

Tried it, doesn't work. And tried with a 2.5% life leech, it can become a really nice thing thou.
    I'm sorry, but I don't see what's so OP about Sever. What am I missing? More to the point, what in the description prepares you for multi-million DPS hits?
    Quote from teoteodore

I'm sorry, but I don't see what's so OP about Sever. What am I missing? More to the point, what in the description prepares you for multi-million DPS hits?

What it did to me, was that killing a mob gave me around ½ my life back with 2.5% life leech. Which was around 30k with that sword. If it had worked with the battle rage rune that makes 20% of nearby monster take damage, it could have been nice. With 1.5M crits, that would be 300k damage towards the other monsters. This isn't OP thou imo.
    I will buy one of these to test.
    If it is as ppl are claiming a ww barb with this thing and a 3% LL on the rest of its gear will simply mow down anything with its eyes closed in A3 where there are so many trash mobs near the elites.
    Quote from Beengalas

Quote from Buffydamion

thx!!! ^^

Tried it, doesn't work. And tried with a 2.5% life leech, it can become a really nice thing thou.

What did you try exactly which is not working?
    Quote from Buffydamion

Quote from Beengalas

Quote from Buffydamion

thx!!! ^^

What did you try exactly which is not working?

Battle rage with critical hits damaging nearby monster for 20%. Didn't do any damage, or it was not noticable.
    Does it only work on 'auto-attack' (frenzy/bash) or also on WW killing blow hits?
    Quote from DOOMSD4Y

What about the Battle Rage rune that makes crits explode for 20% damage to nearby enemies? Does it work with that? It would be extremely OP.

THIS needs to be tested asap!

Then you cant sustain rage :P
    I am still stunned by these comments!!! And I believe you all!!! But how the hell do you get a 13million crit hit from a base character damage of 50K DPS? Even considering a 25% damage boost, the damage without the boost would have been a 10million crit!
    The "rest in pieces" simply means that the killing blow does an insane amount of damage, we dont know exactly how much but thats what this weapon does.....lets just say 10x killing blow crit damage to give you an example.
    Quote from Morghax

Does it only work on 'auto-attack' (frenzy/bash) or also on WW killing blow hits?

Everything. Even works on Sprint tornadoes.
    I can't understand how some people do not find this overpowered.
    With a minimum amount of life steal (for example 2%), you are getting insane amounts of healing.
    If you do 5 million damage with it on a last-blow, you will gain 20 000 HP. This damage is quite common with that sword's effect.

Basically a whirlwind-barbarian is unkillable, since something is always dying and you get ridiculous amount of heal. There is also a ceremonial knife "Last Breath" with the same effect and one lv14 2-handed weapon called "boneshatter".

PS: You can also roll +life steal affix on the item itself. Also, I am quite sure there are other monsters than "demons", so it doesn't grant you +25% damage to all mobs. For example the "goat-men" in Act 1 aren't demons.
    i like it a lot, but i have a hard time using it as a WW barb. never really adapted to that build well.
    heavymetal#1322
    http://us.battle.net...22/hero/3153312 (wiz)
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/heavymetal-1322/hero/8654665 (monk)
    my twitch feed (just messing around, no super player or anything)
    http://www.justin.tv/heavymetalmak
    its not seen as OP because you cant get the 20K return every hit. if you arent using frenzy, it doesnt crit quite as high. and with my tiny dps of 28K it only crits for 1.9mil with frenzy at 5stack. but with rend and revenge, its pretty awesome. and add in WotB to that, zomg. i mostly dont die. but then again, i still cant do act 3 very far either. when i can do act 3, aka more resists or more armor, then we'll see how op it really is. but i can make it into the keep now and i couldnt before.
    heavymetal#1322
    http://us.battle.net...22/hero/3153312 (wiz)
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/profile/heavymetal-1322/hero/8654665 (monk)
    my twitch feed (just messing around, no super player or anything)
    http://www.justin.tv/heavymetalmak
    Quote from heavymetalmak

its not seen as OP because you cant get the 20K return every hit. if you arent using frenzy, it doesnt crit quite as high. and with my tiny dps of 28K it only crits for 1.9mil with frenzy at 5stack. but with rend and revenge, its pretty awesome. and add in WotB to that, zomg. i mostly dont die. but then again, i still cant do act 3 very far either. when i can do act 3, aka more resists or more armor, then we'll see how op it really is. but i can make it into the keep now and i couldnt before.

Bought one, gonna go back to my old offhand, you get like 1/4th to 1/2 of your life back for each mob that dies, i've found myself dying more with sever than with a life on hit or life steal weapon. Even if you heal back your full HP bar each time a mob dies, some elite packs are just not doable when you give up life on hit. Either have to weapon swap for an encounter, or kite around and go find mobs to kill to heal up.
    So, the 'blush is off the rose' with this weapon? Are we coming back to reality as to what it can and cannot do? Can I get some more opinions before I plunk down my life's savings on one?
    Its really awesome but you do still need life on hit, or have very high dps with lifesteal to make the healing from your tornadoes and whirlwind still effective since there will be times when stuff is all dead and you have to kill a pack of molten, desecrator, plagued, vortex quillfiends with no other mobs around to heal you up from the Sever hit.
    IMO its trash. afaik, you only get the 5bagilion damage if your attack would have killed it before the multiplier. Example: mob has 500 hp, you hit for 455 damage, you dont get the 5mill damage proc. This doesnt give extra damage, it just gives eye candy/whooohaaaa. Whats the difference between killing x with 3 overkill and killing x with 3million overkill? NOTHING end result is "x" is dead. You will get more heal from 4-500 loh or lifesteal as is. Why not just run a higher damage item with 3% life steal?

Plus, everyone is talking about killing whites with this, and healing full. If your having problems killing whites, and you have to get a full heal from whites.... your doing it wrong.... very wrong. go back to the previous act or 2.

THE ONLY WAY this could be OP is if its exploitable if you can apply this overkill damage onto other mobs. If you could get this imba damage to spread, then yes, OP. This would not favor WW/aoe builds. It would emphasize HIGH single target burst with "x" exploitable skill (curious about exploding palm). If you can kill 1 elite and the other 2-4 elites die instantly after from a 20million explosion, then ya... pretty fucking awesome.
    It's definitely not trash. 30k heals with 2.7% lifesteal when you kill a mob. The only issue comes in is when there aren't any other white mobs around a champ/rare pack. That is when lifesteal and life on hit really shine and Sever's proc is useless. Unless you somehow manage to drag the champ/rare pack to more white mobs to keep getting the heal from killing the white mobs it's a problem. Nothing a bit of weapon swapping can't fix though.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes