Barbarian Inferno Guide - Non Text!

Hello again! I'm back with another class guide covering the Barbarian. This guide contains information on which stats you should prioritize, a few specs that will give you an idea of what to play, also a few tips and tricks to funneling mobs and dealing with those annoying ranged mobs that kite you endlessly.

Check out my main channel for even more Diablo 3 guides!

Main Channel:
    http://www.youtube.c...ty?feature=mhee

Barb Guide:

Streaming while recording guide footage on:
    http://www.twitch.tv/tryhard_enmity#
    Diablo 3 Guides and Content at Youtube.com/nmitty
    Awesome man! Your guides have been useful! Keen to check this one out.
    Check this out if you haven't!
    Started using this build and it has worked very well for me, but I have a question...
    I'm using a mighty weapon/sword combo for my weapons, so is Berserker Rage slightly better to use than Weapon Master? It gives me another ~12k dps when I'm at full rage over weapon master, but with a little downtime. I figured I;m usually at full rage for most of the time I'm in a champ/elite/boss fight.
    I really enjoyed watching your video and learned a few things along the way. Thanks!
    i would switch war cry for overpower with crushing advance, that damage redirected procs life on hit, so this skill while gives you damage boost, it gives you 30% damage reduction for few seconds and on desecrators type mobs which leaves crap on ground, you actualy get healed standing in their shit, also this makes ghom a joke

not sure about swaping overpower vs war cry in your single target build but i would definitely swap it in whirl wind build, i run this build and overpower while i whirlwind around is 100% up, when i have enough mobs, its up even sooner than 3 seconds
    hi

i am using the frenzy build but chose overpower with crushing advance instead of battle rage.
    i have the same damage, higher attack/second, higher resistances (900+ all but only 1100 physical).
    only about 600 LOH and 30k life.

my problem - act 3 i die A LOT. even the first white mobs can usually kill me if there are some shamans or flyers that shoot at me with fire while i clear the melee monsters. packs kill me multiple times.

there must be something wrong - but my build seems right, my stats also...

is the LOH the thing that would solve my problems? it will be tricky to upgrade as my amulet gives me 9% life and 140 vit. so to get here LOH cheap i'll have to get life on other items.
    Quote from dexteriade

hi

i am using the frenzy build but chose overpower with crushing advance instead of battle rage.
    i have the same damage, higher attack/second, higher resistances (900+ all but only 1100 physical).
    only about 600 LOH and 30k life.

my problem - act 3 i die A LOT. even the first white mobs can usually kill me if there are some shamans or flyers that shoot at me with fire while i clear the melee monsters. packs kill me multiple times.

there must be something wrong - but my build seems right, my stats also...

is the LOH the thing that would solve my problems? it will be tricky to upgrade as my amulet gives me 9% life and 140 vit. so to get here LOH cheap i'll have to get life on other items.

same problem here. I try run act 3 in WW spec it was a pain but I don't die a lot. so I hope Frenzy build will help me farm act 3... I couldn't be more wrong. regular mobs slap me hard.

here is 2 screenshots

unbuffed

http://i47.tinypic.com/14bj0r9.jpg

buffed

http://i50.tinypic.com/iw2exd.jpg

I can stack all res up to 1k but if it help?
    you guys are all just checking your resists but you completely neglect armor, that's why you are dying to white mobs, although to be fair those spiders do hit hard

im running 2h barb with average 800 resists and 9k armor with only nerves of steel

edit: @supeer87 you could also use a bit more hp. 40k would be ideal imo but even ~36k can make a difference when it comes to a build with revenge
    TryHard hp/armor (in video unbuffed): 30.255 & 5796
    me hp/armor (unbuffed): 31.271 & 5563

I can't see the difference can You?
    Quote from supeer87

TryHard hp/armor (in video unbuffed): 30.255 & 5796
    me hp/armor (unbuffed): 31.271 & 5563

I can't see the difference can You?

yap, he has atleast 10k dps more and 500 physical resist more but armor is in most cases cheaper than resist so i go with that
    With this build has anyone tried stacking Life Steal % rather than LoH? I only have 2.6% LS, and when I have all my buffs up I get back 4-7k LIfe with every crit, and at least 350 with white hits.
    Quote from Rolist

With this build has anyone tried stacking Life Steal % rather than LoH? I only have 2.6% LS, and when I have all my buffs up I get back 4-7k LIfe with every crit, and at least 350 with white hits.

So you crit for 750k - 1.4million ?
    Quote from Rolist

Started using this build and it has worked very well for me, but I have a question...
    I'm using a mighty weapon/sword combo for my weapons, so is Berserker Rage slightly better to use than Weapon Master? It gives me another ~12k dps when I'm at full rage over weapon master, but with a little downtime. I figured I;m usually at full rage for most of the time I'm in a champ/elite/boss fight.

You get to the stage where your crit is so high your battle shout rune will keep you around full Rage constantly :) I'd say 44%+ is the sweet spot.
    Quote from Vercigetorix

I really enjoyed watching your video and learned a few things along the way. Thanks!

Glad you enjoyed the guide and found it helpful sir!
    Will this work with Twohanded Weapon?
    I like all of your guides so far. Great work. I was about to leave D3 but your work made me stay! THX
    Excellent guide, thanks !

The gear is quite expensive, though :QQ:
    Quote from Winnfield

Quote from Rolist

Redo your math. 1400000*.026=36400, but seeing as I'm critting for upwards of 140000, not 1.4mil, I'm getting about 3640 life.....(This is with all buffs going, including WotB)
    Quote from Rolist

Quote from Winnfield

Quote from Rolist

Redo your math. 1400000*.026=36400, but seeing as I'm critting for upwards of 140000, not 1.4mil, I'm getting about 3640 life.....(This is with all buffs going, including WotB)

nitpicking here but eh...2.6% life steal is actually 0.52% LS in inferno so with 140k crits you get 728 hp which wouldnt be bad if you wouldn't need wotb for those 140k crits

the reason why you could see higher numbers is because if you use frenzy + wotb you will easily have way over 2 attacks per second meaning if you crit twice for 140k in 1 second you get healed for 1456, same happens with LoH, attacks are too fast so instead of putting out each number it just pops out the healing received in 1 second even though both mechanics work with each hit
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes