Another helpless barb

Hey,

over the last few days I've been making some progress in act 3 (inferno of course).

I managed to take down Ghom using Overpower with Crushing Advance rune and upon entering the Fortified bunker I encountered my first pack of rare Demonic Tremors.
    They stomped me into oblivion, I died before they could even place one of those freaking lasers on the ground.

So now, I am absolutely clueless on how to progress further. I want to clear inferno mode and by that I REALLY mean to clear it - I don't want to avoid specific types of enemies (except for some insane affix combinations perhaps).

The problem I had a few days ago was me hitting enrage timers on champion/rare packs, that's why I stacked up a litte more damage - these are my stats now:

buffed (with enchantress and War Cry):
    http://postimage.org/image/w9rh2z3dd/

completely unbuffed:
    http://postimage.org/image/s0r7loac7/

build (already tried out replacing Furious Charge with Leap):
    http://postimage.org/image/ip0p3unkh/

gear:
    http://postimage.org/image/pc5n55f0l/

What should I upgrade next, what am I doing wrong? After killing Ghom I initially thought about getting an amulet with some nice crit dmg but after being roflstomped by these tremor-guys I feel like I am not prepared for act 3 after all.

On a sidenote:
    I am not willing to use a Whirlwind or a ranged build, that is not the way I want to play a barbarian. To me, it's either sword and board or dual wield.
    Oh, I've also got a String of Ears in my stash (18% melee dmg reduction but only 11 all res and about 50 vitality), as well as an amulet with around 600 LoH - though I doubt that would do any good against these hard hitting rares...

Anyways, thanks in advance for your help!
    my strategy was getting as much hp as possible, so you get tons of heal from revenge and furious charge. cleared inferno with ~1000 all res and 80k hp some weeks ago. if you ignore dmg those stats are really cheap to get.
    for more dps try to get more crit chance. i took pure dmg items on slots where you can get crit chance and on other slots trying so max all res and vitality ( > 70 all res, and as much vitality as you can get. for example on neck you can get easily over 200 vitality + all res for cheap)
    works best for me, but your stats dont look that bad, i would try it with more hp so you stay alive due to more heal (and more hp of course^^) and get dps the way i descriped above. 15k is ok, not fun but will work. had myself 13k when i cleared + wotb for elite packs.
    Quote from vakarian23

Oh, I've also got a String of Ears in my stash (18% melee dmg reduction but only 11 all res and about 50 vitality), as well as an amulet with around 600 LoH - though I doubt that would do any good against these hard hitting rares...

How would 18% melee dmg reduction NOT help against hard hitting mobs? It scales with the amount of damage you take...lols.

If you are gonna play the sword/board revenge spec...get like 900+ with shout and 55k+hp and stack CHC and CHD. You will be fine. Unless you wana go like no dps and get 1k+ resist and 80k hp, but you will do 10k dps instead of 40k+ and really you need to find a balance.
    You have more than enough resist, HP is fine, DPS is low.

Demonic tremors are some of the hardest hitting mobs in the game. To take them down with out dieing you either need absurd amounts of LoH and res, or instead a lot more DPS and blow them up with WotB.

Personally i choose the 2nd option, running with around 450 ares but 50k DPS, i can take a pack of tremors out duting a wotb.

I know your current aim is to clear act 3/4, but assuming your aim is to then begin farming it i'd imagine you'd want to go the higher DPS route to speed up farm runs.
    ur hp is too high for me... yes u will heal more with furious charge and revenge but elite pack only have 3 to 4 which limit the heal amount and u need to hit too. Some elite pack like demonic tremors and colossal golgor (10k - 14k for me ) each hit are going to hit u more than u can heal with each skill.
    Try to scale down ur hp and get some dps in return

For me i have 43k hp, 1200+for phyiscal and fire and the rest about 1100. my dps 30k with 8.8k amour
    When you have a pack of demonic tremors you want to fight them one by one, can easily kite them to doorways. More dps and resists will help of course but you should be able to handle them. I like using leap instead of charge and chain leap with ignore pain for ~14 secs of defensive cooldowns can try that if you still have trouble but your spec should work.
    Quote from Jelloslock

How would 18% melee dmg reduction NOT help against hard hitting mobs? It scales with the amount of damage you take...lols.

I was talking about the LoH amulet. I am quite aware of the fact that the String of Ears might be able to help me, the only problem is that I'd lose around 1.5k dps as well as 40 all res and 2k life if I were to wear it.

So basically all I have to do is continue stacking some more dmg and trying to take on these Tremors one by one, thanks!

Come to think of it, I still got one question left: Would it be wise with my current equipment to spend some gold on an 800 dps off-hand weapon, while boosting my LoH up to around 1.5k or would that make me go down even faster?
    Don't mind the imba Mobs.. you should be perfectly fine with your gear. DPS is fine as well, imho.
    u shld try to get as much life regeneration as possible. it work better than LOH. LOH only work well for ww build barb as they are constantly hitting the mob with their small tornado.

my LOH is 611(446 from amulet and 165 from my sword) and my regeneration is 346 so each time i hit a mob i am healing at 1090(max) on screen display.

as for weapon try to get a sword(1.4) or axe(1.3) as they have higher aps than a spear (1.2).
    Get a helm of command and a Justice Lantern, imo. would bring you upto 43% block without affecting much else... should destroy them all then.
    your armor and resist are actually the best that a barb can have.

i think you have 2 options:

1) like someone said before: get more block.(i think its the cheap option for you)

2) spend money on huge dps weapons and get life steal, barb can get 12%(2.4% on inferno) and you must have crit dmg and chance. ( 70k+ dps)

=/

this game have NO strategy, its all about damage in the end.

bad english, sorry.
    Quote from Kreitani

Get a helm of command and a Justice Lantern, imo. would bring you upto 43% block without affecting much else... should destroy them all then.

I just bought a Helm of Command but now I've got to farm some gold to buy equipment to make up for the all res loss. At least I think I have to get back that all res, currently I'm at 840 all res buffed and want to get back to around 900.

Quote from Bullkathos1928

this game have NO strategy, its all about damage in the end.

That seems to be the saddening truth..
    840 should be fine... I dont think I run with much more/less than that. Dont waste too much money worrying about resist all.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes