[EU] Help me - Act 3 - 1h Shield Barbarian dieing alot!

Hello,

So lets start with stats:
    9k armor
    47k hp
    22k dps
    600-800 resistances overall.

----- ----- -----

Okey, so basicly i have gotten myself to act 4 using this specc:
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WXRVSk!bVe!aabccc

But now it doesnt seem to be working for me anymore, i got to act 4 with my monk friend who well, he cant die.... So i died alot and ran back and tanked some, died again, ran back and so forth hehe.

Now i would like to be able to farm act 3 / Siegebreaker with 5 NV, but iam in great need of assistance!
    All i see on this forum is dps classes running around laughing through act 3 with their 2handers and dualwield speccs, so i tried em out. Bought myself a 2hander with 1295 dps, 65% crit and some str/vit.
    I got 45% crit hit chance, 280% crit hit dmg with that.

Act 2 was awsome when i was learning this specc, so i went to act 3. Died. So i went for dualwield with some life on hit weapons + crit. Act 2 = cake, Act 3 = rape.

What am i doing wrong!?

Iam getting all burned out on money by gearswapping and dieing... i need to sort this shit out NOW and rather fast before i loose all hope in this class :(
    The 2H barb build requires signifigantly more DPS than 22k to be effective in act 2.

The 2 1H build with Whirlwind requires significant LoH to be viable in act 3.

Your best bet is to go 1H + shield, with your current resists and maybe around 25kDPS you should be ok in act 3.
    Quote from MrWinkle

The 2H barb build requires signifigantly more DPS than 22k to be effective in act 2.

The 2 1H build with Whirlwind requires significant LoH to be viable in act 3.

Your best bet is to go 1H + shield, with your current resists and maybe around 25kDPS you should be ok in act 3.

Swapping some gear around for 2h build i landed on 44k dps unbuffed
    With your current gear (I guess that's the point of what you're asking), you'd be best with a tank build. The one you have is fine.

I'd get more Resists and Armor. Your Health and DPS are fine. Don't sacrifice any of that getting more Resists/Armor though. Make sure the shield you have has a decent Block% on it. 10-15% is pretty crappy.

If you're still dying with a tank spec, that's pretty indicative that you need to drop down in difficulty. Maybe farm Act II with a DPS spec that you can handle to get some tank upgrades for Act III, then farm Act III for more upgrades. Eventually you can work into a DPS spec in Act III and you'll be golden.
    Your resists and HP is shitty....... that is all......

Im at 89k HP and 1k all res self buffed, running as Dual wield, with no defensive passives, 29% dodge and zero LOH, 26k dps, hope this helps you gage where you are at.

Plow through act 3 at will, but i make sure to avoid standing in shit for too long, since i dont have superstition. I do have a very awesome shield on hand though for the extra hard hitting elite packs, liks gorgers, or the big lacuni with fast affix.
    Quote from Aurust

Your resists and HP is shitty....... that is all......

Im at 89k HP and 1k all res self buffed, running as Dual wield, with no defensive passives, 29% dodge and zero LOH, 26k dps, hope this helps you gage where you are at.

Plow through act 3 at will, but i make sure to avoid standing in shit for too long, since i dont have superstition. I do have a very awesome shield on hand though for the extra hard hitting elite packs, liks gorgers, or the big lacuni with fast affix.

Not rly.

50k hp
    44k dps (DW)
    9k armor, 900ress

I'm raping a3

Ok, wsnt too helpfull with just showing up, was i? So...

First of all, you have to weight your DPS with your defence, there is no use to go into 1h and shield unless u got some godlike DPS 1h and 28% sacred shield/helm of command/lantern.

Why? Without Sacred and 4k block, elites will hit you hard anyway, but to be honest most damage you take is from ELEMENTAL propoerty (fire, poison etc.) where block will simply not help you. Even with 2k resists you can't stand in 2-3 stacks of Desecration because it will burn you down.

You need to have some "run aways" in your build, like charge or jump, to get away from those nasty Arcane Enchants or Poison stacks. Second you need DPS, to burn them down as fast as possible, physical damage is not a problem with 9k armor, not even close. So just pop up Wrath of Bers with 100% more damage, and burn 1 or 2 of them asap. With 40k base dps and high crit chance, ur able to do about 5-6mil dmg in 15 seconds.

From gear you need resists (to hit 900 with selfbuff) and Vit/str/+armor. I'm at 9,4k armor without shield 1600str 1300vit and 900ress, with double dagger (about 1,2k loh from both) i got 44k dps. From defensive passives i use Nerves of Steel only.

Skills: Frenzy, Revenge, WotB, Bers Rage, War Cry, furious charge.

Frenzy with sidearm, revenge with provocation, wotb with insanity, Bers rage with 15% more dmg, War Cry with impunity and charge with dreadnought.
    May be you should start killing those that hit you the hardest (Range/goat people/Colosal) and not spam Revenge blindly? Coordinate with you friends more and you'll be fine...

Btw, if you play with a Monk, its better you go for more DPS and stand behind your monk friend. Monk is quite a strong tank, and tell him to blind mob, or shield or heal you...

My barb barely have 30k hp, but all round near 1k resist, 7k ish armor and 26k dps, 1.3k LOH (which i can go lower, or higher)...You just need to compliment each other's skill if you are playing in Coop environment...but some elite pack is still retarded. Horde pack still rape me and shielding + vortex + arcane + Jailer still mehhh...apart from that, everything is still ok...
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes