Mad dps powerhouse 2h build

Quote from Leh

Quote from Glarolas

Unfortunatly this build sucks compared to frenzy/sidarm and revenge/prov with wotb up in a revenge spec i can revenge spam for 400+ plus aoe.. and altought the charge does give some pretty nice crits and with the cd reduction is quite nice.. but without the heal this build will not allow you to clear the game.

Did you even try it? :P

Healing is what you need when just stand there and take it... You dont in this build. Thats what you have IP + WotB for.

Ya, exactly. If you're standing there and stack frenzy-sidearm no wonder you're needing all those heals. The idea here is to grab a giant mace and smash them before they can hit you. If I do take revenge as 2h it will not be up most of the time because I'm never surrounded as mobs are falling left and right...
    Bought a few pieces of cheap gear to get my crit up to 35% with 200% crit damage and a 1300 dps 2H mace with 2.6% life leach and 3% life leach on belt. It is a nice change of pace from frenzy spam and revenge proc sword and board playstyle. Act I runs go by much faster, and is an entertaining way to play. In the end though, Act II destroys me with this spec.
    Quote from Amon86

Bought a few pieces of cheap gear to get my crit up to 35% with 200% crit damage and a 1300 dps 2H mace with 2.6% life leach and 3% life leach on belt. It is a nice change of pace from frenzy spam and revenge proc sword and board playstyle. Act I runs go by much faster, and is an entertaining way to play. In the end though, Act II destroys me with this spec.

What kind of defensive stats do you have? It is easy (and dangerous) to neglect them totally.
    Am still testing out EQ. Loving it so far, especially when i play with either my WD buddy (Grasping helps keep stuff in it, BBW with + 30 % damage makes the EQ even more powerful), or Monk Tank friend (since she can basically just stand there and take anything, i pop the EQ on her and can then just do hit and runs and charge). Solo, i am not so sure though.

That being said, I am also testing using Leap (Iron Impact) instead of IP. Gives even more mobility (and thus, helps with "kiting" champs inside your EQ), and it does boost my armor reduction to 88 %. I miss the lifesteal from IP though, but I feel as if though that getting life steal on my belt, (about 3 %, which, with bloodthirst, would give me 8,5 % lifesteal pre-inferno reduction) would make up for that.

I am also wondering whether or not cold EQ would be better, since it can be a bit problematic keeping things in there. But that would remove two of the things i love most about using EQ over WotB: lower CD and no fury cost. Hmmmm.

All in all, I would consider the 2 equally viable. But more testing to be done.
    Quote from Leh

Am still testing out EQ. Loving it so far, especially when i play with either my WD buddy (Grasping helps keep stuff in it, BBW with + 30 % damage makes the EQ even more powerful), or Monk Tank friend (since she can basically just stand there and take anything, i pop the EQ on her and can then just do hit and runs and charge). Solo, i am not so sure though.

That being said, I am also testing using Leap (Iron Impact) instead of IP. Gives even more mobility (and thus, helps with "kiting" champs inside your EQ), and it does boost my armor reduction to 88 %. I miss the lifesteal from IP though, but I feel as if though that getting life steal on my belt, (about 3 %, which, with bloodthirst, would give me 8,5 % lifesteal pre-inferno reduction) would make up for that.

I am also wondering whether or not cold EQ would be better, since it can be a bit problematic keeping things in there. But that would remove two of the things i love most about using EQ over WotB: lower CD and no fury cost. Hmmmm.

All in all, I would consider the 2 equally viable. But more testing to be done.

EQ scales better solo because at half hp, stuff dies that much faster.

As for keeping stuff in there, popping EQ with Ignore pain is more than enough :)
    I've been thinking about whether it's at all possible to drop Ignore Pain for some other ability. The 30 seconds cooldown is pretty long. However it's proven to be mostly enough to burn through elite packs or just to heal back up to full when you've made too many mistakes.

Maybe I could swap in iron impact with some survivability/mobility at the cost of not being able to heal but more frequent cooldown. Or perhaps it's at all possible to ignore defensive cooldown altogether and focus on damage.

Anyone got any thoughts?
    ignore pain can be remplaced in act1 but is a must in other acts.
    i got my crit dmg to 400% rofl got a nice weapon with 170% crit dmg and 1100 dps the crits are insane, wotb+earthquake=anything down in secs
    Quote from Typho

I've been thinking about whether it's at all possible to drop Ignore Pain for some other ability. The 30 seconds cooldown is pretty long. However it's proven to be mostly enough to burn through elite packs or just to heal back up to full when you've made too many mistakes.

Maybe I could swap in iron impact with some survivability/mobility at the cost of not being able to heal but more frequent cooldown. Or perhaps it's at all possible to ignore defensive cooldown altogether and focus on damage.

Anyone got any thoughts?

I'd suggest trying out Leap -> Iron Impact. I have been using that for several days. With charge you have crazy mobility, the CD is way shorter than IP, and if you have Life Steal on both Weapon and belt (and, in my case, since I dont currently have a 2h mace, bloodthist passive), your HP should stay comfy.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes