[Guide]Cheap Infinite Zerker+ WW Build

That's pretty much the same build I was using except for that I didn't feel I needed the Provocation healing so I took Best Served Cold. Also played with Crushing Advance since it seems to heal me a lot with LoH. I will try to shoot for 60% tonight.

I've seen the Sprint build and I suppose if I was desperate to beat content I would try it but I was able to kill all the bosses before patch so I'm not really interested. TBH my reaction to the Diablo kill video with the Sprint build was "this is really gay" watching him run in a circle around D waiting for Fury (no offense to my LGBT friends I am just immature).
    Yeah, the Sprint build is just "meh" but seems to work better with the right gear.

I'll use Best Served Cold to see the results too, still feeling like I'll miss revenge heals until I have enough life on hit. But I guess it will probably solve the rage starving with my gear.
    bump really interested in more info for this build as it looks like otll be fun
    Quote from selefico

Geared up for this last night and it's a little disappointing. I brought myself up to 33.5% unbuffed crit (41.5% after) and I need at least 3 probably 4 mobs to stay perma-WW. It's a little easier if I take Revenge-BSC or go into Berserker but still can't maintain on a boss unless I'm in Relentless mode. I've got around 70k life 1k resist and nothing is even close to killing me (I was WW through Belial meteors and Rakanoth hits last night) with the nerfs so at least it isn't setting me back. I went the shield route to save money and because I felt the armor and crit % would benefit me more than 15+6% ias and crit damage.

I want to invest some more in this build but I'm hesitant. How much more crit do I need to maintain? Is it ever possible to perma-WW against a single enemy? I'd like to pick up an axe for 10% and maybe 8-12% from rings/helmet if it will help but not sure I want to keep at it if I'm going to have to constantly stop to build rage when fighting bosses/elites and things that run from me. I could care less about how fast I kill whites.

Thanks for the help guys.

To perma WW on single target 75% but you dont want to do that
    Arround 50% To infinite zerker on single target pre IAS nerf, now its a little more.

Frenzy at 5 stacks its better than Perma WW vs 1-2 Targets. On less than two targets I recomend you to use frenzy and unload with shout over and over and WW if you are at full or under 50%life (but dont lose the 5 stacks from frenzy). You will need that unload if you want to mantain the zerker on single target, i do all bosses on full zerker without lossing it.

And yes Its little dissapointing after pach, the survival is cut by half due to the ias nerf and the dps dropped alot.with my gear ww now only do 2 hits each 360 degrees, before it did 4.

The build still works but it takes more time to kill things with it now, there is more efective builds for barb atm but i will keep playing arround it maybe with some modifications
    I did get an axe but I've decided I'm going to drop this idea for now. I'm finding now that the entire game is completely trivialized with the exception of a handful of affixes, namely all the fire ones. I was really hopeful about this patch but now I guess the Barb game is just "stack fire resist on AR" and everything else will hit you like a wet noodle by default.

I died a few times clearing act 3 with the WW build (I was almost never able to stay in "the shit" against anything with 2 or more of Plagued, Chains, Molten, Desecrator) so I ended up switching back to the ol' Frenzy spam build to get the awesome Furious Charge back and dropped all of my defensive skills. Sadly, I'm doing a LOT better and, while I'm sure some of this can be attributed to having more skill with this build than WW, I'm not sure if I'm ever going to go back since I can do all packs regardless of affixes and have 35k damage on my char sheet (ooh big numbers).

I think the problem is that, as I said earlier, since all damage in the game except for a few affixes is unnoticeable at this juncture I can't justify a spec that doesn't handle the things that are actually a threat.

Also, how the hell do you guys deal with Shielding? That was way too much work to kill! I was very glad I took Revenge because I would never have been able to stay up with WW against that. Shielding needs to be dumped from the game.
    After using it for 2 days, I did stop using this build.
    I saw this build as an alternative to the full block/resistance and it was fun while it lasted for me and way cheaper, but it just wasn't killing fast enough to survive.The tank build was even slower, but at least I didn't die so often.
    All in all it still "works", but 2 handed builds are just melting elites literally(they die for me before the earthquake ends). Also, for 100-200k you can get a good enough weapon to make it work, and you just need enough gear to survive those few seconds while all the mobs are alive(and you'll prolly use ignore pain/leap or whatever to help mitigate).
    The IAS nerfed kill this build.

No way to stay perm ww. I have over 2aps and still haven't a hard time stay more than few seconds.
    Quote from Branconovo

Quote from selefico

Geared up for this last night and it's a little disappointing. I brought myself up to 33.5% unbuffed crit (41.5% after) and I need at least 3 probably 4 mobs to stay perma-WW. It's a little easier if I take Revenge-BSC or go into Berserker but still can't maintain on a boss unless I'm in Relentless mode. I've got around 70k life 1k resist and nothing is even close to killing me (I was WW through Belial meteors and Rakanoth hits last night) with the nerfs so at least it isn't setting me back. I went the shield route to save money and because I felt the armor and crit % would benefit me more than 15+6% ias and crit damage.

I want to invest some more in this build but I'm hesitant. How much more crit do I need to maintain? Is it ever possible to perma-WW against a single enemy? I'd like to pick up an axe for 10% and maybe 8-12% from rings/helmet if it will help but not sure I want to keep at it if I'm going to have to constantly stop to build rage when fighting bosses/elites and things that run from me. I could care less about how fast I kill whites.

Thanks for the help guys.

Like I said a few posts above, I'm running with 48% crit, and I'm also having problems to keep perma-WW on single target. I did notice a greater uptime after I broke the 45% barrier, and I think it will be truly perma-WW around 55-60%.
    Just to clarify, I'm using this build: http://us.battle.net...kiPV!bYZ!cbcYcc

Also on that topic, I think the "Double-Tornado" build (http://us.battle.net...UkiPX!bYZ!bZcYc) is easier to mantain but harder to get the initial rage. You can use sprint without stopping the WW, so if you do it right, you'll have the tornados from Run Like The Wind hitting the mobs and proccing the rage too. I didn't test it yet because I think I would miss revenge without a good amount of Life on Hit(Life on Hit procs from the Run Like The Wind tornados are awesome). But I will definately try it tonight and see how it goes.

I also would like to try the effects of attack speed(sadly don't have the money for it), I think it will just even out, you will get more rage, but will spend it faster. There's the big benefit of Blood Funnel proccing faster too, but rage-wise I think it won't matter much.

I'm not sure what amounts of attack speed are we talking here but, I'm currently running 2,01 speed and 39% crit. Can't really speak of reliablo Perma-WW, Sometimes with lucky streak can maintain it for some time. I'm currently running with dual wield. Where it's massively fun in some occasions (champions namely) I'm still bit disappointed aswell, The gear costed loads and i can't really do a2 anymore, where i somehow could manage it with my crap dmg tank build. Should look in to alternative ways i guess.
    THIS IS AMAZING
    What is amazing?? Does this guide work even after the ias nerf? Cause im having alot of trouble with my barb and how high dps is required
    Should i also make up for the ias reducement?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes