[Guide]Cheap Infinite Zerker+ WW Build

Introduction

I've playing with this build since i hit 60, the barbarian was my second char so i could not afford any expensive and i thought on this build(Because i dont like to play defensive at all), now i like this one so much that the barbarian has become my main.

Before i start i want to give some links for starters:

- With more than five millions you can make this build viable at inferno atm, you may have some hard times on A3/4 tho, but with the incoming nerf to dificulty this build will be awesome, you will be able to farm everithing for sure.

-The most efective WW build is this one: http://eu.battle.net...opic/4551697399 But for this you need LoH gear wich mean it may more expensive and also is a very punishing playstile, you may have problems sometimes to start generating fury and mobs can twoshot you.
    I personaly have lag peaks so i will stick with mine.

- For gearing i recomend you to follow this guide: http://www.diablofan...793#entry943793 Aside for stat priority that for this build may change a little.

- And if you want to fully understand defensive stats and what one will improve your character: http://us.battle.net...opic/5149150485

Average cost & Priority on stats

Atm im doing Runs on A3 Inferno with gear value of 7~ millions, but you can do it with alot less if you find nice bargains.

The main stat priority on this build and on most builds on this game its a thing every guide forgot to mention. THE MAIN STAT PRIORITY IS RUN SPEED ON BOOTS. Seriusly, if you dont have run speed you are playing a diferent game, i strongly recomend you to pick it assap, even if you lost a lot of stats for it.

Since you will be avoiding LOH on gear because its overpriced you will be healing yourself with revenge and WW only, crit its your main stat for this build, so you may want to have crit on at least: Shield, Amulet, Gloves and Bracers. You will need to use a Axe or a mace also, i recomend you Axes because they are faster.

After that, IAS will help you alot with the heals. i recomend you to use at least 45% on gear. Dont panic, it will not be that expensive, you can buy on the AH for 20kgold +15 ias +70 vit/Str rings. They are sold by vendors also.

For more IAS Tal rasha armor with str/or vit its a good choice also if you find it cheap.

Andariel visage is a good choice also but due to de inflation the price is raising alot for them, if you happen to find a nice one with str + Vit/All resitances for less than 700k pick it if you can aford it.

Take on mind that they are going to nerf IAS soon but will be very hard to have it on amulet/ later rings since you are aiming to have crit + crit hit dmg on it.

The Passives

For passives two of them are a must: Ruthless and Weapons Master, remember, the more crit you have the more you heal, they are defensive also!

The third may varied based on your gear: Im currently with Relentless because im near to 80k life and it gives me enought time to raise my health with WW+Revenge
    Note that i have that life because i dont have All resist on shield or helm, instead they give me vit + life% thats why i picked this one.
    If you happens to have more balanced stats (wich is better) i recomend you Superstiton

The main Skills

Frenzy With maniac: You dont get the 75% IAS for the WW obviusly but it gives you a 20% more damage if you mantain it on 5 stacks (only do it if you think you are able to survive if you stop the WW) Also the most dificult moment its when you have only one enemy left so frenzy helps alot.

WW With Blood Funnel: Your main dps & healing hability.

Revenge with Provocation at first, but the moment you have a high crit and you are able to suvive more i recomend you to swich to Best served cold.

War cry with Ressistances: Mandatory skill but if by any chance you are playing with other Barb, pick OVERPOWER instead of this, it increase alot your dps and healing by far the most missed skill for this build.

Battle Rage with Into the Fray: Due to your high crit this beauty makes you infinite fury wich makes you do infinite WW and Zerker last you finish the combat.

WoB with Thrive on Chaos : +10 crit +25 IAS +20 Dodge +20 MOVEMENT SPEED + Invulnerable to any kind of CC and it last until you finish combat because you make infinite fury!

Some Tips For this build

Always stay offensive! if you are about to die dont panic, stay on combat, WW + Revenge will heal you unless they can oneshot or Twoshot you.

If you are at max fury you cant generate more fury, so if you are on a single target with frenzy always vent your fury with Battle Rage and/or WW

You can dodge most of the incoming damage from champions and bosses while on WW, never forget that.

Enchantress with confusion + armor + disorient + ias

Never, Ever try this build without Run Speed on Boots.

My Stats

Unbuffed: http://i50.tinypic.com/157kknc.jpg
    Selftbuffed with WoB Up: http://i48.tinypic.com/dx0psn.png

The build works perfect but im stuck on "X" boss

Ok you may not be able to farm him with 5 stacks but you can kill him for sure!, here is why.
    This build have a variant with Infinite Weapon Trhow + Infinite Zerker!

YES YOU CAN BE A RANGED BARB!

Just swich Relentless or Superstition for No Escape pasive
    Frenzy for Weapon trow with the desired rune (Based on the boss/things you want to kill)
    WW for Leap with stun
    And Revenge for ancient spear with +30 Fury

This build is just for fun or for some kind of bosses/mobs you will die if they hit you so you can pick more ofensive stats on gear for this.

Vid showing a Run trought Inferno Act 3 with this build:

I Ran out of space on my HHD while making it so it is incomplete but you can figure how the build works. Atm I can facerrol act 2 with this and have some hard times on Act 3 but after the 1.0.3 this will be so fucking easy with this build or the "Double tornado" one.

I usualy build 5 stacks then do some mf chest and after that kill the Siegebreaker.

Reserved
    Second day, Second page and no replies.
    No one is interested?
    because I don't have the gear and can't test it, can you try replacing Revenge with Overpower:Revel rune and tell the difference.

When you spam Revenge you need to stop and when you spam Overpower you can do it in WW.
    + Overpower with Revel heals for more.
    Sorry, I am going to hijack your thread because this is not the best build for WW. taken directly from my post in the other thread.

Post below

Figured I would post in this thread as I have answers to most of the questions here and their is some bad info comming up.

A perma WW build is viable upto and including Act3 (not tried A4 yet and I am going back to 2H for a change of pace).

To do this, use the following

DW - Fast as possible with socket, 250vit, 100str per weapon, you do NOT need LoH and infact getting it will will actually make the weapon worse as it uses one of the 6 available affix slots of a stat you dont need.
    Frenzy - Maniac
    Whirlwind - Blood Funnel
    Overpower - Crushing Advance
    Warcry - Impunity
    Battlerage - Into the Fray
    WotB - Thrive on Chaos
    Relentless
    Tough as Nails
    Superstition

Gear, yes it expensive, but your playing a Barb you know this already.

70k HP,
    35% Crit,
    1000 Res
    1100 Phy & Fire
    45% IAS
    3% LL on Belt
    15% IAS on EACH weapon, as the IAS from weapon 1 works for weapon 2, which is the main reason why a 1.3 axe with 15% IAS is much better than a 1.5 dagger without it.

The reason this works is because of the stupid amounts of HP/Sec you can get while spinning. This is why HP > LoH, the LoH coefficiant of WW is 13% so even with 2000 LoH (100million for weapons alone) that is only 260life. You are better off stacking Vit as the Blood Funnel proc will heal you for 700

You will imo never even with BiS gear be able to straight out tank the void zones, but you can with this spec. The more targets that you are hitting the better this spec works as more crits brings down the CD on Overpower. Using the Crushing Advance rune you can almost keep a 30% mitigation up 100% of the time. Its basically a perma mini-ignor pain.

The real treat is Relentless though. If you are in the middle of a group of mobs spinning on void zones, if you stop spinning you will insta die. This passive allows you to perma spin under 20% hp, if you just happen to get poor luck on crits or procs; this also works better for stacking Vit, as 20% HP of 70k is greater than 20% of HP at 50k, it also allows more time (a few seconds) if you are waiting on the Overpower cooldown. Once overpower is up watch your HP go straight back to 100%, also to note that Overpower works while in WW where Revenge does not.

Perma WotB, other than using Sprint (like DiNo does), this is the only way from what I can determine to keep perma CC immunity, your not going to get those 150k crits with this build, infact you will be lucky to crit for more than 10000 with WW but the spin speed is totally insane, you can burn 100 fury in 1.5seconds and that is why you need 'Into the Fray'. Not to forget about the increased IAS, and DODGE!! chance that WotB provides

You can use Windsheer for Act2 if you don't have enough crit to perma spin with Blood Funnel, but Windsheer is not remotly an option in A3, the mobs can literally 5shot you.

Use Amethests in the Sockets so that you can sustain LoH for single target mobs and bosses and Maniac works better than Sidearm for these situations. For these situations, dump fury with Battlerage and you can keep WotB up for a minute before it falls off, so 50% uptime single target.
    I am dying alot, I am cursing alot.. so u and your Barb both need to be Tough as Nails with Nerves of Steel..
    Quote from Cygone

Those this work like thorns?

Edit: with the stats of yours you can use what ever build you want :)
    I'll give this a try tonight ^^
    Quote from khanbg

Quote from Cygone

Yes and No, it works like thorns and Ignor Pain,

And no, with stats like mine you can't just do what you want. I still dont have the gear to be able to brawl my way into champ packs. Clearly you don't have my gear if you did, you would realise that it is still near impossible to do A3+
    I am dying alot, I am cursing alot.. so u and your Barb both need to be Tough as Nails with Nerves of Steel..
    Quote from Cygone

Quote from khanbg

Quote from Cygone

Yes and No, it works like thorns and Ignor Pain,

And no, with stats like mine you can't just do what you want. I still dont have the gear to be able to brawl my way into champ packs. Clearly you don't have my gear if you did, you would realise that it is still near impossible to do A3+

10x.

You are telling me with this amount of resist and HP you can't be tank build?! I was talking about builds.

The better gear you get the less tankier you need to be.

Still I like the your and the OP ideas and will probably end with a mix.
    Quote from khanbg

because I don't have the gear and can't test it, can you try replacing Revenge with Overpower:Revel rune and tell the difference.

When you spam Revenge you need to stop and when you spam Overpower you can do it in WW.

Crit bonus on Revenge last longer, its always up, also ive tested it alot of times and i can asure you that with 75% crit I can use alot more revenge with BSC than overpower

And @Cygone, I disagree with the DW point.
    Since you are healing you with blood funnel the best way to improve mitigation on your life pool is with a shield, yes you loss 15% ias but you win up to 10% crit chance + 7% crit to WW if stars aling on the shield.

Also, for passives the crit ones gives you more survival than you think. And even if you pick to have more armor instead of more crit, wich is wrong, im sure Nerves of steel will give you more armor than Thought as nails since you are not using shield.

Btw your gear check its alot higher than mine to do the same content. Im currently doing Cya + Azmo with five stacks, skipping like 50% of the champion packs on the way but still i kill them with 5 stacks.
    Quote from Ascherit

Quote from khanbg

Crit bonus on Revenge last longer, its always up, also ive tested it alot of times and i can asure you that with 75% crit I can use alot more revenge with BSC than overpower

And @Cygone, I disagree with the DW point.
    Since you are healing you with blood funnel the best way to improve mitigation on your life pool is with a shield, yes you loss 15% ias but you win up to 10% crit chance + 7% crit to WW if stars aling on the shield.

Also, for passives the crit ones gives you more survival than you think. And even if you pick to have more armor instead of more crit, wich is wrong, im sure Nerves of steel will give you more armor than Thought as nails since you are not using shield.

Btw your gear check its alot higher than mine to do the same content. Im currently doing Cya + Azmo with five stacks, skipping like 50% of the champion packs on the way but still i kill them with 5 stacks.

Don't confuse not doing the content with not wanting to do the content. Yes I can WW on top of void zones, just I can kill everything, its just hard word and not really fun.

The difference in NoS / TaN comes down to how much %life vs Vit and wether you have +armor on items. Its not always cut and dry.

Its not just %15 IAS you lose from not DW, you also lose upto 25% IAS on the 2nd weapon (tho 1.3 nerf this will be 12.5% - at work not played it yet). So 40% IAS, = more LS/LoH/Crit, it gives more survivability than a shield will. I will have to play around with the new patch 2night and find out what the barbs state is.
    on my case i have 27% block due to the helm of command but with normal stats.

20% to block up to 4,7k dmg + 9-10% Crit + All Resistances + Main Stats + posible beter adds (Ranged Dr, Melee Dr, Elite DR, WW crit...) + Alot cheaper average price than weapons > 15 IAS + 18-25% IAS + Posible lower Dps than your main hand wich reduces your output dmg (Each hit of WW swich weapons)

To find the kind of Dual Weild weapons you want to use is hundred times more expensive than a nice shield for this build.
    Plus if you block anything on Relentless you block all the damage because the DR you have on,

With 27% block im near immortal while on WW under 20% life, if you see my vid you can notice it.
    I use a similar build (linked in my signature) that involves weaving in and out of packs with Leap: Iron Impact and Whirlwind: Hurricane respectively, and kiting around with Spring: Run Like the Wind. It's pretty effective for killing things that you normally wouldn't be able to kill by tanking.
    Quote from Ascherit

on my case i have 27% block due to the helm of command but with normal stats.

20% to block up to 4,7k dmg + 9-10% Crit + All Resistances + Main Stats + posible beter adds (Ranged Dr, Melee Dr, Elite DR, WW crit...) + Alot cheaper average price than weapons > 15 IAS + 18-25% IAS + Posible lower Dps than your main hand wich reduces your output dmg (Each hit of WW swich weapons)

To find the kind of Dual Weild weapons you want to use is hundred times more expensive than a nice shield for this build.
    Plus if you block anything on Relentless you block all the damage because the DR you have on,

With 27% block im near immortal while on WW under 20% life, if you see my vid you can notice it.

I will pick up a shield and give it a go. I an't really bash you for it untill I have tried it. Lets hope you are wrong =)
    I'm still getting the gear to try this but I think you guys should also try OP-Crushing Advance and Revenge-Vengeance in that slot. ViM could provide some much needed fury and my experience with Crushing Advance has been extremely positive though limited. Made Diablo into a joke for me even with almost no crit!
    Thanks for the build, I did regear myself from tank to use this and it's been wonderfull.
    I'm doing act 2 just fine, still didn't went up to act 3.
    I got up to 90k HP and 48% crit, stil using a shield(got one with +crit). Resistances went down to 200-300 buffed, but I'm not missing then at all. (Probably will need more for act 3).
    I think I did spend around 800k on the gear and I'm still searching a better weapon, using a 760 dps one now and it takes a while to kill things, at least I don't die like before.
    The only thing that killed me last nite was a pack with Horde + Electrified, theres so much sparks going out that the heal from WW can't keep up...
    definitely an interesting topic to try out with.
    Quote from Branconovo

Thanks for the build, I did regear myself from tank to use this and it's been wonderfull.
    I'm doing act 2 just fine, still didn't went up to act 3.
    I got up to 90k HP and 48% crit, stil using a shield(got one with +crit). Resistances went down to 200-300 buffed, but I'm not missing then at all. (Probably will need more for act 3).
    I think I did spend around 800k on the gear and I'm still searching a better weapon, using a 760 dps one now and it takes a while to kill things, at least I don't die like before.
    The only thing that killed me last nite was a pack with Horde + Electrified, theres so much sparks going out that the heal from WW can't keep up...

yes, after the nerf to IAS rougly 50% and more in most cases, the heal from blood funnel decreased alot, but they also nerfed the damage on enemies so its more or less the same, try to raise up your resistances even if you lost a HP, if not desecrators, molten and/or arcane ench will be a pain on the ass for you.
    Geared up for this last night and it's a little disappointing. I brought myself up to 33.5% unbuffed crit (41.5% after) and I need at least 3 probably 4 mobs to stay perma-WW. It's a little easier if I take Revenge-BSC or go into Berserker but still can't maintain on a boss unless I'm in Relentless mode. I've got around 70k life 1k resist and nothing is even close to killing me (I was WW through Belial meteors and Rakanoth hits last night) with the nerfs so at least it isn't setting me back. I went the shield route to save money and because I felt the armor and crit % would benefit me more than 15+6% ias and crit damage.

I want to invest some more in this build but I'm hesitant. How much more crit do I need to maintain? Is it ever possible to perma-WW against a single enemy? I'd like to pick up an axe for 10% and maybe 8-12% from rings/helmet if it will help but not sure I want to keep at it if I'm going to have to constantly stop to build rage when fighting bosses/elites and things that run from me. I could care less about how fast I kill whites.

Thanks for the help guys.
    Quote from selefico

Geared up for this last night and it's a little disappointing. I brought myself up to 33.5% unbuffed crit (41.5% after) and I need at least 3 probably 4 mobs to stay perma-WW. It's a little easier if I take Revenge-BSC or go into Berserker but still can't maintain on a boss unless I'm in Relentless mode. I've got around 70k life 1k resist and nothing is even close to killing me (I was WW through Belial meteors and Rakanoth hits last night) with the nerfs so at least it isn't setting me back. I went the shield route to save money and because I felt the armor and crit % would benefit me more than 15+6% ias and crit damage.

I want to invest some more in this build but I'm hesitant. How much more crit do I need to maintain? Is it ever possible to perma-WW against a single enemy? I'd like to pick up an axe for 10% and maybe 8-12% from rings/helmet if it will help but not sure I want to keep at it if I'm going to have to constantly stop to build rage when fighting bosses/elites and things that run from me. I could care less about how fast I kill whites.

Thanks for the help guys.

Like I said a few posts above, I'm running with 48% crit, and I'm also having problems to keep perma-WW on single target. I did notice a greater uptime after I broke the 45% barrier, and I think it will be truly perma-WW around 55-60%.
    Just to clarify, I'm using this build: http://us.battle.net...kiPV!bYZ!cbcYcc

Also on that topic, I think the "Double-Tornado" build (http://us.battle.net...UkiPX!bYZ!bZcYc) is easier to mantain but harder to get the initial rage. You can use sprint without stopping the WW, so if you do it right, you'll have the tornados from Run Like The Wind hitting the mobs and proccing the rage too. I didn't test it yet because I think I would miss revenge without a good amount of Life on Hit(Life on Hit procs from the Run Like The Wind tornados are awesome). But I will definately try it tonight and see how it goes.

I also would like to try the effects of attack speed(sadly don't have the money for it), I think it will just even out, you will get more rage, but will spend it faster. There's the big benefit of Blood Funnel proccing faster too, but rage-wise I think it won't matter much.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes