Is 2h Barb Viable? I hope this video will inspire you! (Cydea + Azmo)

Quote from sterlingecho

This thread was intended to inspire more Barbs to consider using 2 handers. The fact the Op has a ton of gold invested into his gear is beside the point. You can still be viable as a 2 hand barb without sinking as much gold into your gear as the Op has. Now you probably won't be steam rolling near as hard but you can still be sucessful and have a blast doing it.

Thanks for getting this back on topic. I only made this to inspire people to try it out for themselves! For those who are hating, thats fine but I think you will get to the level soon enough you can try it for yourselves and maybe you will take some of it back ;).
    Farming gold and playing the auction house is part of the game, deal with it. Anyway, I'm also running this build but for me it's safer to take leap-iron impact and cleave. The armor buff provides decent defense and cleave is just awesome consistent damage it works so well with poke. Maybe when i'll get more gear i'll try other variations, currently i'm @ 40k dps unbuffed, 40k hp 800 resists.
    Nice Vids Bro,
    haters gonna hate.
    Its obvious that this kinda steamrolling act3 inferno requires alot of gold, thats the game,
    right now still farmin up sword/board style being poor in gold as fuck, but thats kinda how u gotta start with it right Sarac?
    a lil more intel on how u came to that point in terms of farming would be nice, of course it requires a lot of time;
    any advices for group playstyle farming as u stated that a lot of ur gearing came from that. how did u play successive tank in act3 despite the gear, my group still lil low in dps, me running round 70k hp close to 800 allres and cute sacred shield not immortal though and wanna provide maximum support so we can farm more easly, thx bro luv ur idea of giving inspiration to others
    Quote from DrHide

Nice Vids Bro,
    haters gonna hate.

People have a good reason to hate, don't hate on them for hating ;).

Quote from DrHide

Its obvious that this kinda steamrolling act3 inferno requires alot of gold, thats the game,
    right now still farmin up sword/board style being poor in gold as fuck, but thats kinda how u gotta start with it right Sarac?

That's how I started, however I was lucky enough to pick up a justice lantern for 500k and a 31% vit rolled SS for 10mil. This was weeks and weeks ago though no chance in that anymore :(.

Quote from DrHide

a lil more intel on how u came to that point in terms of farming would be nice, of course it requires a lot of time;

I geared for pure defense until I could kill/survive and then started subbing in items with more str/crit/crit dmg and IAS when I found them on the AH, in game or was gifted them. I slowly moved from 10k dps to 35k dps 1h while maintaining my survival stats and then simply splurged and bought a huge 2h and sold my sword and shield all in.

Quote from DrHide

despite the gear, my group still lil low in dps, me running round 70k hp close to 800 allres and cute sacred shield not immortal though and wanna provide maximum support so we can farm more easly, thx bro luv ur idea of giving inspiration to others

I tried pure tanking for my friend who was a glass cannon DH while my dps was still low and honestly it didn't work all that well until I went pure defensive abilities/passives. At that time I could do a decent job of keeping stuff bottled up for him. I also tried a stun build which wasn't terrible but it also wasn't amazing. I assume it would be kind of nice if you had a nice tanky monk in front of you. Just keep up the farm you will get there, be persistent! =
    I've geared a bit more defensively 1360 physical resist, 1k other resists, 9k armor, only 21k dps and just smash mobs with 2H and frenzy/revenge not sure I like seismic slam making barbarians almost a ranged class but awesome vid. Think your spec would be doable with lesser gear while my bruteforcing through stuff really is gear dependant. Act3 still hurts and act4 just isn't pretty, done upto diablo but rarely if ever killed champ packs in act4. Good to see other people doing 2H barb :)
    Thx a lot 4 the detailed intel bro, rly appreciate it :cheers:

gonna keep that farm goin, next patch will probably make it a lil easier (kinda frustrating now that im finally somewhat able to farm in act3 but whatever)
    furthermore it's goin to make 2H or DW viable a little sooner meaning on a lil lower budget level, will see
    Oh God.

I don't want to be rude, but with that gold you bought you could do Autoattack barbarian without any skill that works...

Tbh i admire the guys who do 1milion a3 inferno runs with their barbrians than your rolfstomping without even thinking. Not even one skill to escape...thats so bad.
    Quote from Silvach

Oh God.

I don't want to be rude, but with that gold you bought you could do Autoattack barbarian without any skill that works...

Tbh i admire the guys who do 1milion a3 inferno runs with their barbrians than your rolfstomping without even thinking. Not even one skill to escape...thats so bad.

honestly i think the people that actually found this useful arent even in inferno or have barely set foot in it
    I did it hard way to A3 inferno with my barbarian. I couldn't help myself with AH so much because i hit inferno @ the 3rd day D3 was up.

And I'm one of those guys who will never buy gold and than show off on youtube how bossy and cocky I'm.
    XD. His enchantress has double DPS than my barb... Sick.

Enjoy it, pal!
    Too many haters. SaracenS seems like a nice guy, I don't see why some of you are trying to infer else-wise.

Regardless of how many other threads there were, the purpose of this thread was just to demonstrate that it is possible to play Barb without sword/board and stomp on everything. I enjoyed the videos and the overall content/information of this thread. It's just fun to watch and see all the different ideas behind every 2H Barbarian's tactics. I've cleared everything on Inferno except Diablo - it would definitely be more fun to clear it this way though :P.

All in all, I don't think this is as hard as some of you think it is. I wasn't fortunate enough to have the luck SaracenS did (not hating on you bud), but I'm pretty close to being able to do what he does. I'll give him props for being helpful and not being an asshole like the bulk of the professional gamers ("hey come watch my stream and donate money so I can show you how to play!").
    all of your stuff is... insane. 60 mil in the bank? I've yet to even hit 1 mil.... wow. that Axe is... mighty
    props to you sir.
    +1
    Quote from HYPER

Too many haters. SaracenS seems like a nice guy, I don't see why some of you are trying to infer else-wise.

Regardless of how many other threads there were, the purpose of this thread was just to demonstrate that it is possible to play Barb without sword/board and stomp on everything. I enjoyed the videos and the overall content/information of this thread. It's just fun to watch and see all the different ideas behind every 2H Barbarian's tactics. I've cleared everything on Inferno except Diablo - it would definitely be more fun to clear it this way though :P.

All in all, I don't think this is as hard as some of you think it is. I wasn't fortunate enough to have the luck SaracenS did (not hating on you bud), but I'm pretty close to being able to do what he does. I'll give him props for being helpful and not being an asshole like the bulk of the professional gamers ("hey come watch my stream and donate money so I can show you how to play!").

You prolly don't know that but youtube actualy pays for viewers...
    $ 0.0033/1 view
    $ 3/1,000 view
    $33/ 10,000 views
    $330/ 100,000 views
    $3300/ 1,000,000 views

So yeh, he is not the "watch my stream guy", he is "watch my youtube"
    Quote from Silvach

Quote from HYPER

You prolly don't know that but youtube actualy pays for viewers...
    $ 0.0033/1 view
    $ 3/1,000 view
    $33/ 10,000 views
    $330/ 100,000 views
    $3300/ 1,000,000 views

So yeh, he is not the "watch my stream guy", he is "watch my youtube"

If I read this correctly a youtube partnership requires you to have 100k views to even begin to be monetized. Please don't try to make it out like I was doing this for me. My only intention was to get other people to think outside the box a bit and have some fun while they were at it :). I hope I did that and on the same token I also understand where you are coming from, as the brits would say 'cheers'.

Edit: I remembered wrong.
    Honestly people need to take off their tin foil hats and ditch the negativity. If you're not interested and don't care to go the 2 hander route and alls you can do is find negative things to say about it then why bother coming to the thread? Are people so paranoid and delusional these days that they can't believe some people just want to be helpful and share something they have fun with and believe in?

Pretty sad. 2 Hander barbs are far from the majority so it's really nice to see what another 2 hander barb is doing to be sucessful within his own game play.
    Awesome videos, this is how a barb should be :P
    Ye we all know 150 mill barbs can do well...

A DH with gear at that price would almost be like athenes...

But some of us dont have friends that throws item our way and gets us started...

But props for video.
    Wow, their is alot of hate in this thread and the only reason I can think that anyone is giving the OP hate is due to jelousy.

Yes his gear might be worth 150million on the AH, but here is the real truth; this is the amount of gear that you need; to try and complete in A3/4 as a Barb. We all know this yet the OP gets hate for it? Ummmm

SaracenS, only on Thursday when I saw your stats screen on another thread I comented on your gear, now here we are 4 days later with vids on youtube, congrats.

I have gear equal to yours (I have 600 less str, 200 more vit and 40% crit (no passives), and only yesterday after clearing A3 as a DW WW Barb (yes, with the gear you can actually WW on all the void zones), but the problem becomes when you get shielding / caster AI, you can't crit enough to get hp back from blood funnel and die. This was the point when I decided to go back to 2H (WotB + EQ spec) to try and do more damage. I then found this treasure of a forum post. WIN WIN !

I'm at work now so can't really sit here and decompile the video, but I need to switch some gear around to get back some of the STR I lossed when i originally changed from 2H > DW WW spec. Good thing is that I have enough of a bank balance to buy some of the replacement gear while I wait for my gear to sell for 6mil a pop.

Picked up a weapon this morning 2H 1275 DPS (Sword 1.10), 975 LoH, Socket, 2.5% LS which I won from the AH for aboutr 7mil, think I might re-sell this and pick up another mace (what I had before), as EQ works on base weapon damage*str so the slower the weapon the better it works, same as you pointed out for SS.

Last time I ran 2H it was Cleave, IP, Stomp, Warcry, WotB, EQ but Slam looks like it could be alot of fun so will pick this up. I certaintly prefer Bash > Frenzy for 2H because Frenzy only becomes viable at max stacks with quite frankly takes an age with a 2H slow weapon.

Anyway, think I am rambeling so I will just hit the 'post' button now.
    I am dying alot, I am cursing alot.. so u and your Barb both need to be Tough as Nails with Nerves of Steel..
    Quote from snakkes

Ye we all know 150 mill barbs can do well...

A DH with gear at that price would almost be like athenes...

But some of us dont have friends that throws item our way and gets us started...

But props for video.

Yea and come PvP they will get one shot because they run with 0 res, 0 armor, 0hp, oh that sounds like so much fun !
    I am dying alot, I am cursing alot.. so u and your Barb both need to be Tough as Nails with Nerves of Steel..
    Don't mind the haters, I really enjoyed watching your video. I understand that you have a ton of gold, and crazy expensive gear, but it was still enjoyable to watch and get some insight on 2h barb. thanks for taking the time to make the video(s)! :)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes