No one talking about infinite bersker + whirlwind?

Thanks. I'm able to farm almost any combo in Act 2 with my super boring tanking build, so I think I could probably do it just fine with this. I'm so bored of A2 though, really hoping that 1.0.3 hits next week so things will be smoothed out more.
    They are still saying it's gonna be out in June, so, no more than a couple weeks.
    Do you have to be not on full fury for fury gaining to increase Thrive on Chaos?
    /thread
    http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/forum/topic/4551697399

This guy beat inferno solo with this tornado ordeal.
    Quote from Zrana

Do you have to be not on full fury for fury gaining to increase Thrive on Chaos?

Yes. You need to dump fury with WW / sprint / battle rage when you are at max.
    Quote from Astrand

Quote from Zrana

Yes. You need to dump fury with WW / sprint / battle rage when you are at max.

Thanks for the reply :) been wondering this for ages
    Quote from Winspin

/thread
    http://eu.battle.net...opic/4551697399

This guy beat inferno solo with this tornado ordeal.

Hmm, I kinda like the idea of Leap - Iron Impact on there, though it does seem a little strange to have no primary. I guess with enough crit you just need enough fury to get going and then crit fury regen procs keep you going, makes sense.
    Nice job!

I knew there is potential in Spring! :) Good somone was brave enough to turn it from theorycrafting into live version ;)
    tried this out and it's great fun. it's about the same effectiveness as the tanky build that most use and the range barb. Run like the wind is extremely nice to have. my biggest problem is that I don't really find WW that usefull, pretty much only use it to get through mobs so I don't get blocked. also found WotB kind lacking, but I've had that feeling everytime I try to use it, on butcher it is nice and indeed almost endless depending on luck with the fire, but when clearing stuff, it's nowhere near endless.

all in all good build, more fun than tanky sword´n´board builds but pretty much the same efficiancy.

side note, tried with both DW and 2h and I like DW much better.
    I like this a lot, as well. It feels "fun" and is "effective" -- my two top priorities. I was able to play tanky up through "raising the catapults" in Act III, but sort of hit a wall and didn't really enjoy that playstyle.

Anyway, my big question is: Is anybody else experiencing some really significant rubberbanding when using this build? It was just beyond obnoxious today.
    Figured I would post in this thread as I have answers to most of the questions here and their is some bad info comming up.

A perma WW build is viable upto and including Act3 (not tried A4 yet and I am going back to 2H for a change of pace).

To do this, use the following

DW - Fast as possible with socket, 250vit, 100str per weapon, you do NOT need LoH and infact getting it will will actually make the weapon worse as it uses one of the 6 available affix slots of a stat you dont need.
    Frenzy - Maniac
    Whirlwind - Blood Funnel
    Overpower - Crushing Advance
    Warcry - Impunity
    Battlerage - Into the Fray
    WotB - Thrive on Chaos
    Relentless
    Tough as Nails
    Superstition

Gear, yes it expensive, but your playing a Barb you know this already.

70k HP,
    35% Crit,
    1000 Res
    1100 Phy & Fire
    45% IAS
    3% LL on Belt
    15% IAS on EACH weapon, as the IAS from weapon 1 works for weapon 2, which is the main reason why a 1.3 axe with 15% IAS is much better than a 1.5 dagger without it.

The reason this works is because of the stupid amounts of HP/Sec you can get while spinning. This is why HP > LoH, the LoH coefficiant of WW is 13% so even with 2000 LoH (100million for weapons alone) that is only 260life. You are better off stacking Vit as the Blood Funnel proc will heal you for 700

You will imo never even with BiS gear be able to straight out tank the void zones, but you can with this spec. The more targets that you are hitting the better this spec works as more crits brings down the CD on Overpower. Using the Crushing Advance rune you can almost keep a 30% mitigation up 100% of the time. Its basically a perma mini-ignor pain.

The real treat is Relentless though. If you are in the middle of a group of mobs spinning on void zones, if you stop spinning you will insta die. This passive allows you to perma spin under 20% hp, if you just happen to get poor luck on crits or procs; this also works better for stacking Vit, as 20% HP of 70k is greater than 20% of HP at 50k, it also allows more time (a few seconds) if you are waiting on the Overpower cooldown. Once overpower is up watch your HP go straight back to 100%

Perma WotB, other than using Sprint (like DiNo does), this is the only way from what I can determine to keep perma CC immunity, your not going to get those 150k crits with this build, infact you will be lucky to crit for more than 10000 with WW but the spin speed is totally insane, you can burn 100 fury in 1.5seconds and that is why you need 'Into the Fray'. Not to forget about the increased IAS, and DODGE!! chance that WotB provides

You can use Windsheer for Act2 if you don't have enough crit to perma spin with Blood Funnel, but Windsheer is not remotly an option in A3, the mobs can literally 5shot you.

Use Amethests in the Sockets so that you can sustain LoH for single target mobs and bosses and Maniac works better than Sidearm for these situations. For these situations, dump fury with Battlerage and you can keep WotB up for a minute before it falls off, so 50% uptime single target.
    I am dying alot, I am cursing alot.. so u and your Barb both need to be Tough as Nails with Nerves of Steel..
    Quote from Cygone

Figured I would post in this thread as I have answers to most of the questions here and their is some bad info comming up.

A perma WW build is viable upto and including Act3 (not tried A4 yet and I am going back to 2H for a change of pace).

DW - Fast as possible with socket, 250vit, 100str per weapon, you do NOT need LoH and infact getting it will will actually make the weapon worse as it uses one of the 6 available affix slots of a stat you dont need.
    Frenzy - Maniac
    Whirlwind - Blood Funnel
    Warcry - Impunity
    WotB - Thrive on Chaos
    Relentless
    Tough as Nails
    Superstition

70k HP,
    35% Crit,
    1000 Res
    1100 Phy & Fire
    45% IAS
    3% LL on Belt
    15% IAS on EACH weapon, as the IAS from weapon 1 works for weapon 2, which is the main reason why a 1.3 axe with 15% IAS is much better than a 1.5 dagger without it.

The reason this works is because of the stupid amounts of HP/Sec you can get while spinning. This is why HP > LoH, the LoH coefficiant of WW is 13% so even with 2000 LoH (100million for weapons alone) that is only 260life. You are better off stacking Vit as the Blood Funnel proc will heal you for 700

You will imo never even with BiS gear be able to straight out tank the void zones, but you can with this spec. The more targets that you are hitting the better this spec works as more crits brings down the CD on Overpower. Using the Crushing Advance rune you can almost keep a 30% mitigation up 100% of the time. Its basically a perma mini-ignor pain.

The real treat is Relentless though. If you are in the middle of a group of mobs spinning on void zones, if you stop spinning you will insta die. This passive allows you to perma spin under 20% hp, if you just happen to get poor luck on crits or procs; this also works better for stacking Vit, as 20% HP of 70k is greater than 20% of HP at 50k, it also allows more time (a few seconds) if you are waiting on the Overpower cooldown. Once overpower is up watch your HP go straight back to 100%

Perma WotB, other than using Sprint (like DiNo does), this is the only way from what I can determine to keep perma CC immunity, your not going to get those 150k crits with this build, infact you will be lucky to crit for more than 10000 with WW but the spin speed is totally insane, you can burn 100 fury in 1.5seconds and that is why you need 'Into the Fray'. Not to forget about the increased IAS, and DODGE!! chance that WotB provides

You can use Windsheer for Act2 if you don't have enough crit to perma spin with Blood Funnel, but Windsheer is not remotly an option in A3, the mobs can literally 5shot you.

Use Amethests in the Sockets so that you can sustain LoH for single target mobs and bosses and Maniac works better than Sidearm for these situations. For these situations, dump fury with Battlerage and you can keep WotB up for a minute before it falls off, so 50% uptime single target.

This is completely badass and I'm going to try it.
    Quote from Cygone

Frenzy - Maniac
    Whirlwind - Blood Funnel
    Warcry - Impunity
    WotB - Thrive on Chaos
    Relentless
    Tough as Nails
    Superstition

70k HP,
    35% Crit,
    1000 Res
    1100 Phy & Fire
    45% IAS
    3% LL on Belt

Any chance you could post some pictures of you gear to give people an idea of what we are looking at to make it work? It feels like it's barely even possible to get that amount of stats combined with the amount of crit needed. God, this patch can't come sooner, I'm so tired of feeling like a World of Warcraft tank. :)
    Quote from Vantheman

Quote from Cygone

Frenzy - Maniac
    Whirlwind - Blood Funnel
    Warcry - Impunity
    WotB - Thrive on Chaos
    Relentless
    Tough as Nails
    Superstition

70k HP,
    35% Crit,
    1000 Res
    1100 Phy & Fire
    45% IAS
    3% LL on Belt

Any chance you could post some pictures of you gear to give people an idea of what we are looking at to make it work? It feels like it's barely even possible to get that amount of stats combined with the amount of crit needed. God, this patch can't come sooner, I'm so tired of feeling like a World of Warcraft tank. :)

I'm at work at the moment, but I have just sold my weapons, I will pick some cheepish 2mill ones from the AH, and do a print screen of my details page. (you will have to add in the missing Vit / Str from weapons if I cant re-purchase). I'll be home in about 8hrs. (17:00 GMT)
    I am dying alot, I am cursing alot.. so u and your Barb both need to be Tough as Nails with Nerves of Steel..
    Tried this last night and it's actually a little trickier than it seems. The hardest bit seems to be starting up on a new pack as you just about have enough fury to cast battleshout and sprint to get your tornadoes up.

I had about 1k LoH whilst attempting this in Act2 and it didn't seem quite enough to keep me up, then again my technique probably needs a little more work.
    Quote from Kapulani

I like this a lot, as well. It feels "fun" and is "effective" -- my two top priorities. I was able to play tanky up through "raising the catapults" in Act III, but sort of hit a wall and didn't really enjoy that playstyle.

Anyway, my big question is: Is anybody else experiencing some really significant rubberbanding when using this build? It was just beyond obnoxious today.

Yes! So much rubberbanding. I believe it's a whirlwind problem.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

As requested above, hope this helps.
    @Cygone

That actually helps immensely. I am planning on moving to this build but I was hoping to see exactly what gear you had before dropping 20m on gear last night. Do you typically use higher DPS weapons or is that sufficient with the amount of strength you have? Also I'm currently doing A3 runs and not struggling too much (I kill all elite packs although I may die once or twice against something really shitty or soul rippers) and I'm worried I'm going to lose this ability if I switch to a more DPS oriented build. Do you struggle with elites in A3+? I really don't like to skip groups unless it's something retarded like a gold golgor or horde arcane frozen shielding.

I'm hoping this is even more viable with the nerfs today but I guess I'll have to wait until after work to find out how gimped inferno is now.
    Quote from selefico

@Cygone

That actually helps immensely. I am planning on moving to this build but I was hoping to see exactly what gear you had before dropping 20m on gear last night. Do you typically use higher DPS weapons or is that sufficient with the amount of strength you have? Also I'm currently doing A3 runs and not struggling too much (I kill all elite packs although I may die once or twice against something really shitty or soul rippers) and I'm worried I'm going to lose this ability if I switch to a more DPS oriented build. Do you struggle with elites in A3+? I really don't like to skip groups unless it's something retarded like a gold golgor or horde arcane frozen shielding.

I'm hoping this is even more viable with the nerfs today but I guess I'll have to wait until after work to find out how gimped inferno is now.

I was running 850 DPS weapons but had sold as I was going back to 2H for abit, then i accidently sold my nice new 40mil weapon to a vendor!!! and exited game, I was not happy! so just picked up these 2 from the AH for about 500k each.

DPS is basically irrelevant in inferno, either you can survive or you cant, more dps just means the champ packs will die a few seconds earlier, its not like a 2H build where you must kill the pack inside EQ+WOTB or anything, IMO you are far better spending that 20million on gear than you are on upgrading another 200 dps.

You need to find a balance tho, between APS and Crit vs mobs. to much IAS and you will burn fury to fast and a 'poor streak' will result in you dropping WW to little IAS or Crit and you dont heal enough. The daggers that I have now are running me dry on fury to fast and I need 4 mobs to keep WW up.

Packs that are hard are the shielding ones (they get nerfed in 1.0.3 patch, and is NOT live yet regardless on what df.com report), Invun minions cause a real problem cause no dmg = no crit = no hp, so just single target these down, after the patch the invund minions will not block LoS to the mob so you can attack through it.

I have dropped some Phy Res on the screen above and it is really noticable and I am dying, unfortunatly being 40mil out of pocket this is not something I an fix this evneing, hopefully when 1.0.3 hit tomrrow, I wont need to anyway.

Even if you switch gear around and it dont work for you, I would guess you can always go back. I'm assuming you would be looking for gear the same as you currently have, just looking for +crit as well.

just take care on the IAS nerf incomming

P.S I need a new belt.
    To say that there's "bad info" in this thread is unfair at best and untrue at worst. Did you miss the part where someone linked to a guy that beat inferno with this build? With the gear you linked, this build or variations on it obviously work (see question in previous sentence).
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes