Act II - Inferno: Yes, another thread about it

Hello, quick question.

A friend of mine sent me a String of Ears and now i'm not sure what belt to use... (I think i'm going to stick with SoE, so I can get the meele resistance).

http://img707.images...enshot013me.jpg

Thoughts?
    16% SoE with str/vit? whoa mate, use SoE
    16% reduced melee damage is huge, that's why SoE is a good belt, and you have STR/VIT on it (though of course you lose some compared to your old belt.)
    Looking at your latest gear post i would suggest upgrading your weapon as a priroity.

If you can grab a 800dps sword with a socket your dps will skyrocket. It should cost <1mil.

Other than that the gear looks reasonable for act 2.
    Quote from MrWinkle

Looking at your latest gear post i would suggest upgrading your weapon as a priroity.

If you can grab a 800dps sword with a socket your dps will skyrocket. It should cost <1mil.

Other than that the gear looks reasonable for act 2.

Last night I got a new weapon with 700+ DPS (I don't remember the exact value right now) plus 400+ LoH and >90 Vit/Str, my DPS increased (around 11k DPS when i have 5 stacks of Frenzy+100% Fury) and now I have around 750+ LoH but I still couldn't do Inferno Act II! ahahhahahahha

I think I'm just a bad player (which is weird since I play games since forever but... happens, right?) so I'm going to farm Act I, get more gold, wait for the Nerf Patch and then I can have fun again.

Anyway, thanks a lot folks!!!

=)

V.
    You don't need any loh if your other stats are high enough. Imagine a scale, weighting your defense, offensive and sustainability values versus your foes, everything counts. I for example plow through act 2 with 24k dps, 0 loh, 0% life leech but 10k armor, 56k hp, 23% sacred and ~900 resists. Those health globes every now and then are enough to keep me up while playing with the cookie cutter defensive build (charge, leap, ignore pain).

If you just focus on one part of the spectrum it might be tough, try increasing your other values (armor, resist, hitpoints, block) might be cheaper and easier to achieve.
    Quote from ballon

I for example plow through act 2 with 24k dps, 0 loh, 0% life leech but 10k armor, 56k hp, 23% sacred and ~900 resists. Those health globes every now and then are enough to keep me up while playing with the cookie cutter defensive build (charge, leap, ignore pain).

Just wondering, how can you get 24k DPS, 10k Armor, 56k HP and 900 resists with Act II Gear + AH? How much did you spent in your Barb? I believe you already finished the game, farmed Act IV and now have this stats, right?

Right now I noticed it's impossible to buy better gear costing less than 800k each piece (with good stats + All Resists).

Anyway, I can post my stats/gear/build but I'm not sure what I can improve without buying gold or playing endless Act I runs (or using the RMAH :ouch:) - Once again, I think I just can't understand how this Inferno difficult works eheheh (or maybe I'm really unluck with RNG w/ Drops and Elites Spawns).

Thanks again!

V.
    Hey faithful (ao), Being in the same situation as yours I ditched my 2H and DPS gear and with about 600k in the pocket I regeared myself with Sword and Board. I found a great shield with 28% passive block and 9% on the stats with the highest tier of blocking amount, it's a great shield and for now it means I can skip over Helm of Command.

Anyway, I was able to progress in Act2 simply by skipping the insane packs (Yellow or Purple wasps, eff that srsly) Shield + Plagued/Molten, buh bye, and still was able to obtain a 5NV before Maghda or something boss and reaping the rewards from it. I am slightly differently geared since the pieces of gear you have are very good but very costly so instead if just wen with a double whammy approach to buying gear. ie. instead of trying to find 2 pieces of gear with 80str/80vit, I bought 1 piece with 160str and 1 piece with 160vit + all resist. Lot cheaper, same benefit, just a tad suckier to upgrade when you do finally get some nice vit/str/resist pieces.

Now I got a 850dps weapon with 23% IAS (while it lasts *sob*) to get my dps to 8k or 10k with a str/vit shield (but I go down 22% block *ouch*)

So yeah long story short, there are way more then 5 (killable) packs to get your 5NV from then the act has to offer so just skip the hard ones (leap + charge can do wonders for that) then you will end up at the boss and find out that your stats are actually quite good to survive, I did the first part with Wrath instead of Ignore Pain and did fine with 740 resist and 9k armor and 8200dps.

I doubt (if they dont screw up) that 1.03 is going to make things magically easier, but I am still waiting for my first upgrade to drop :-)
    After the 1.0.3 Nerf I could run much better in Act II. I couldn't rush into elites and loot the goodies but I was able to kill all of them (ok, few packs I died a lot, but I'm not a very good player).

The trouble I have now is BELIAL.

After 3 minutes (usually 25% health) he starts to Summon-Without-Stop-Meteors and no matter how good I am to dodge (latency >= 250ms -:sigh: Brazil- that stuff I die.

Anyway, anybody else is having trouble to kill Belial with this "soft" (yeah right, "soft" is when the boss does more 25% damage) enrage? Is it a Bug? (the patch notes says he will spawn MORE and not Constantly ehhee)

Thanks a lot folks.
    V.

PS: I was able to kill 2 elite packs at same time but only because they had really "easy" affix.
    in short - your dps is not high enough - swap out superstition for beserker rage (make sure ur resists are above 900 before doing so)

if its still too low and assuming u have a 900+ dps weapon get more crit chance (even attack speed if you got none already) on gloves , rings, ammy , other pieces can to if you get lucky on ah can give a decent dps boost
    Changed my gear to almost 200/300 All Resist + 17k DPS (full buffed) + 2x WOTB + DPS Passives =

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/177527_492480574101237_1204272808_o.jpg

Almost died twice (due his meele hits) but...

Doable with 3mins enrage timer but I don't think it's possible (FOR ME) to farm 5x NV then do Belial :P
    Right now, i am raping thru A2 with 400 resist all, 5k armor and 36k DPS with a 2 hander. Use the earthquake + WotB + Ignore pain (bliss) build with frenzy (sidearm). To be able to do A3 more comfortable i'll need to push up my resists to about 550ish.

Honestly, i do not understand WHY do you want to play a shield defense stacking barb. Since 1.0.3 there really is no point in doing that anymore. With this build and gear i rush into a pack of champs, drop earthquake with WotB and ignore pain, by the time ignore pain wears off i'm already looting their corpses. No, i do not bother reading their affixes, because i don't care what they are anymore, they ALL die in 3-4 seconds flat.

Look, this game is about chances. Lets say you have a 1% chance of finding a good item, even in A1 right now. If you kill 10 packs of champs, your chance of getting anything is..... 0.1% If you kill 100 packs of champs your chance is 1%. etc. If you want to get good items, maximize the amount of chances you get, you can only do that by killing fast and moving on. If you're in defensive build with 1k resist, 10k armor and 10k dps; compared to my 400 resist 5k armor and 30k dps, i will outfarm you any day at the rate of about 10 to 1. At the end of the day you will whine about not moving fast enough.

Well, you're not moving fast enough BECAUSE of YOUR own CHOICE. Game changes, gear changes, you find good deals, you get something good. Change your build, style, etc according to that. You cannot just sit there with a mindset predetermined to go with that build and only that build and nothing else. You will end up spending months finding perfect gear for that build. Use what you have right now and maximize the potential of that with the way you use it.

Also, as you should be aware right now - if you cannot, quite literally, rape stuff right now in A3, go back to A2 and do speed quick runs. You can get ilvl 63 there, even in A1. Do not be shy to take a step back where you feel comfortable and you know you can maximize your loot chances by having massive amounts of yellows. I can do A3, decently well, however i do die there a fair bit, i have to wait for more CDs, after 1 hour in A3 i get 14 yellows. After 1 hour in A2 i get 35 yellows. Do your math based on that. Why on earth would i want to go in and squeeze my balls in A3 when i can comfortably outfarm in A2?
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    -- Albert Einstein

shield provides mf % and in average gear now allows you to chain pull elite packs - never quote u can outfarm someone 10 to 1 just cause you can melt packs in seconds - best gear sometimes never drops off elites
    Quote from Silfury

shield provides mf % and in average gear now allows you to chain pull elite packs - never quote u can outfarm someone 10 to 1 just cause you can melt packs in seconds - best gear sometimes never drops off elites

Dude, for example:
    rare drop chance = 2% maximum MF on the shield = 20%, that means your benefit of the 20% MF shield is going to give you a 2.2% chance of getting a rare. The rare drop rates for normal mobs (forget about chests now completely) is even lower, 1% or less.

Please do some math on the MF benefit from the shield vs benefit of killing a very minimum 2 times more mobs. Put it this way, if you kill twice as many mobs as someone else does it actually pretty much equates to 100% MF simply because you double the chances. With a 2 hander i'm not talking about doubling, it's realistically more of 5-10 times more mobs and champions killed. So unless your shield can provide you about 500%ish MF then you will get a comparable result.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."
    -- Albert Einstein

u solo farming or farming with 4 people :)

back to topic though: venom just get your hp high enough so u can literally take more hits !!!!!

**** 20% mf on shields is also not the highest btw *****

also 40% is not the highest on neckpieces either as alot of people think
    Quote from Silfury

u solo farming or farming with 4 people :)

back to topic though: venom just get your hp high enough so u can literally take more hits !!!!!

Solo farming, using enchantress geared with pure MF gear, my own gear has about 35% MF only, she has 2x MF rings + MF weapon + MF amulet all near top end in terms of MF. Even though i think only 1/3rd of her MF counts to me, her best possible 2k DPS is not missed at all considering the fact she's dead half the time anyway, MF benefit stays even when she's dead though as far as i can see
    -- Albert Einstein

less than 1/3 apparently - that being said when i run solo my enchantress is around 6k dps after the ias nerf on gear she was almost able to kill goblins in a1 pre-patch herself
    Quote from venomweb

Stats:
    https://fbcdn-sphoto...874969490_o.jpg

- self-buffed: War Cry + Impunity

You have really good resist. semi good health but no armor. i would change superstition to touch as nails and bash to frenzy sidearm.
    Quote from venomweb
    Just wondering, how can you get 24k DPS, 10k Armor, 56k HP and 900 resists with Act II Gear + AH? How much did you spent in your Barb? I believe you already finished the game, farmed Act IV and now have this stats, right?

5M on a 1k dps high strength/vita sword besides that every piece <1M. (in total <15M) I just looked for a reasonable amount of all resist (55+) and a good sum of vita + strength on the pieces (150 minimum, 200 or more on chest, pants, shoulders and pants). Wearing blue rings/amulett with high strength (70-1xx) and 15% ias was (before 1.0.3) the key to cheaply bump my dps.

10k armor comes naturally and for more defensive play i just swap in two blue vita/allres rings and a blue 600 loh/60 allres amulett (paid 1M for that). Hitpoints is a matter of having high vita pants/chest and a socket in your helmet.

I progressed through act 3+4 with my DH before the patch but i never farmed act 3+4 because i disliked playing my glasscannon.

Quote from venomweb
    Right now I noticed it's impossible to buy better gear costing less than 800k each piece (with good stats + All Resists).

My pieces are a few weeks old, equal gear might be more expensive today. But you should still get decent pieces for <2M each.

Quote from venomweb
    Once again, I think I just can't understand how this Inferno difficult works eheheh (or maybe I'm really unluck with RNG w/ Drops and Elites Spawns).

Maybe it's not the gear? Do you use the 'shift' (above control key, below 'capslock') at all? If so how frequently? I'm using it almost constantly while playing to position myself properly and don't follow mobs into fire/poison. I also avoid aoe (frost, arcane) at all cost with my high mobility spells (leap + charge) and i'm basically spamming revenge nonstop while fighting the packs. Do you chain your cooldowns (leap->ignore pain->leap) and kite when they are down?
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes