Need help gearing for A3, what to upgrade?

Hey,

I need help gearing for A3. Trying to go through with friends (mage + DH) but getting owned in The Depths due to lack of kiting space for them. I just get melted by champ packs, can't even tank a single one...

All my stats should be in there. I'm really unsure what else I can improve other than buying legendaries I cannot afford :/ Farming is nigh impossible with this dps either, haven't managed Belial yet. Made a mistake 10 minutes in P2 and died.
    Your RA is in good shape, but everything else needs improving, especially your dps.
    Get a helm with all ress and a socket, the socket is worth about 130-150 vitality depending what gem you put in it. For the rest try to get strength/vitality on every piece and just higher all ress on some pieces. Good luck cause stuff is damn expensive.

Doing Maghda with 5 stacks should be fairly easy? I prefer to get my stacks in "the ruin", the dungeon spawns in the area before it or the one before that, sometimes its the idol or timed dungeon though.
    Get more vit, block and loh imo. :)

Your RA is in good shape, but everything else needs improving, especially your dps.

My RA? How would you suggest I upgrade my "everything"? Starting with a weapon, with what stats? Or start with upgrading my worst piece of gear?

Also, I put a picture in there with 2 shields. Which one is the better?

@Bigbad, thanks for the suggestion, I'll give that a go :)

@Fuuma, I feel Vitality is an overrated statistic once you go >40k. I mean, my healthbar drops extremely fast when I stand in Molten or Desecration shortly, not even talking about Fire Chains. An extra 10k hp would maybe add 1 second, if not shorter.
    Get a Helm of command. This guy (https://us.battle.ne...opic/5150112199) crafted 4 helm so far for me. He streams if you want too. Just with the helm you would gain a 8% to block and I pray you get lucky to get good stats for the rest.

And by the looks of it your missing like 400 armor. My stats are really close to you and I barelly survive in Act 3. Im stuck at the 4th quest.

Your DPS is a bit low has well. I got a decent weapon in act 2 (900 dps).

Hope it helps.

Edit try out side arms with frenzy. It feels like it does more dmg then frenzy attack!
    hm get yourself a string of ears
    and try getting a good cheap justeice lantern
    captfrank stated to get a helm of command, id do so^^

maybe swap charge with groundstomp ("pull them together" rune), your friends will like this ;)
    my resistances and amor are nearly the same, i just got more block and life on hit... worked on almost every packs (had to skip 2 or 3)
    and having more HP is decent to, got like 65k (%life socket in helm of command)

My RA? How would you suggest I upgrade my "everything"? Starting with a weapon, with what stats? Or start with upgrading my worst piece of gear?

Also, I put a picture in there with 2 shields. Which one is the better?

@Bigbad, thanks for the suggestion, I'll give that a go :)

@Fuuma, I feel Vitality is an overrated statistic once you go >40k. I mean, my healthbar drops extremely fast when I stand in Molten or Desecration shortly, not even talking about Fire Chains. An extra 10k hp would maybe add 1 second, if not shorter.

RA = Resist All and the shield you are currently equipping is better.

Since everything always needs to be upgraded, it really doesn't matter where you start. If I were you, I'd really try to get my strength higher -- it's ridiculously low. I'm at 1500+ and still farming Beliel (with 15k+ dps). As for a weapon, I've found LoH weps to be too pricy for what they are. You can get a 850-900 DPS 1h with 100 STR and Vit for 500k or so...that's 200 more key stats and 200 more DPS on your wep at the cost of 300 or so LoH, which you can instead get from jewlery.

Here are my stats if you're looking for a guide (estimates, I'm at work).

Damage: 15k+
    Strength: 1500+
    Vitality: 1200+
    Health: 52k
    All Res: 800-950
    Armor: 9600 or so (10k+ with Enchantress)
    Block Chance: 28%
    Dex: 500+ (20% dodge)
    LoH: 425
    LpS: 300 or so

I'm still looking to increase all of those stats, so it's just about finding upgrades that work toward your goal.

hm get yourself a string of ears
    and try getting a good cheap justeice lantern
    captfrank stated to get a helm of command, id do so^^

maybe swap charge with groundstomp ("pull them together" rune), your friends will like this ;)
    my resistances and amor are nearly the same, i just got more block and life on hit... worked on almost every packs (had to skip 2 or 3)
    and having more HP is decent to, got like 65k (%life socket in helm of command)

Sorry i had to LOL when you said get a "cheap" justice lantern! I have been scaning the AH for past 3 days and not a single one under 5mil...
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes