Gear Check for Act2 Inferno

Hello, Im kinda new on Diablo and i need some help.
    I have completed Act1 on Inferno whitout any problems and was gonna enter Act2.....That did kinda fail hard, I die at normal monsters and not sure what i hell im doing wrong, I been checking forums etc for help but nothing yet.
    So im gonna post a Ss here and see if someone that are more "into" the effect of all stats can give some advices for me =)

https://www.dropbox....reenshot069.jpg MY STATS

https://www.dropbox....reenshot071.jpg MY BUILD

Hope those 2 links will work, Not used to upload links/imageĀ“s xD

And plz no stupid comments, If you can help plz do so, If you are just gonna call me Noob plz dont even care to comment.
    Your items don't make much sense. You have a ton of DPS for a sword and board warrior. Here is what you need to do.

1. Dump some STR items and get mor Vitality and all-resistance gear. Even if that gear is blue.

2. Your shield is a piece of shit. You only have 15 percent chance to block. Go out and buy yourself a shield with at least 23 percent chance to block, an an additional +8 or +9 percent chance to block as a stat. If you can get VIT and or all resistance on it then all the better. Even if the shield is blue, it will be better then the one you have.

3. Your build isn't bad. However dump Cleave for Frenzy (with thre axes rune), and dump battlerage for Warcry. Also get rid of weapons master for superstition.

Remember. The point of playing Sword and Board is to be very tanky. You obviously want some DPS, but you do not want to gear like you are a pure DPS player. You need high block chance, lots of vitality and resistance. You want to get Dextartity to +100 and no more then that (10 percent chance to dodge, after that it's a waste stat). Then you want to find a balance with STR and Vitality. 40k HP, with 30 percent chance to block, and 800 to all resistance should be a goal over more DPS. Even if your have to drop your DPS from 14k to 8k, if you can meet the above criteria, you will have no issues in act II.
    You're all resis is a little too low, even with your buff. It's almost there. You need 40k plus health, prefer at least 50k though. You need some life on hit. Your dps is good, but you can sacrifice some of it for more survivability.
    Quote from Scrim

Your items don't make much sense. You have a ton of DPS for a sword and board warrior. Here is what you need to do.

1. Dump some STR items and get mor Vitality and all-resistance gear. Even if that gear is blue.

2. Your shield is a piece of shit. You only have 15 percent chance to block. Go out and buy yourself a shield with at least 23 percent chance to block, an an additional +8 or +9 percent chance to block as a stat. If you can get VIT and or all resistance on it then all the better. Even if the shield is blue, it will be better then the one you have.

3. Your build isn't bad. However dump Cleave for Frenzy (with thre axes rune), and dump battlerage for Warcry. Also get rid of weapons master for superstition.

Remember. The point of playing Sword and Board is to be very tanky. You obviously want some DPS, but you do not want to gear like you are a pure DPS player. You need high block chance, lots of vitality and resistance. You want to get Dextartity to +100 and no more then that (10 percent chance to dodge, after that it's a waste stat). Then you want to find a balance with STR and Vitality. 40k HP, with 30 percent chance to block, and 800 to all resistance should be a goal over more DPS. Even if your have to drop your DPS from 14k to 8k, if you can meet the above criteria, you will have no issues in act II.

Please stop telling everyone they need much more block. Blocking helps but all resis gets much better the more you have of it, the opposite of dimishing returns. Block is good, yes, is it better than vit and all resis or life on hit, NOT at all.

And i KNOW you don't know what you're talking about mainly because you aren't even suggesting life on hit....
    Quote from Plocer

Quote from Scrim

Please stop telling everyone they need much more block. Blocking helps but all resis gets much better the more you have of it, the opposite of dimishing returns. Block is good, yes, is it better than vit and all resis or life on hit, NOT at all.

And i KNOW you don't know what you're talking about mainly because you aren't even suggesting life on hit....

Pretty much this ^
    I can Change weapon and get 8k more Hp
    Can try to get more resistance but will cost alot =D
    I will change some gems to gain more Hp but i still think its kinda strange that normal monsters almost kill me.

But many say that like 500+ Resistance is enough to atlest kill trash etc on Act2

But strange is that my friend that do play Monk have 500 Resistance and 49k hp and like 9k dmg and he did manage to complet Act2 in like 6hours. So i dont see way my char shud have so much of a problem to survive when my lowest resistance are 666-872.

Did change gems and wep did get 48k hp and dmg at 9k
    500 resistance? against elites/champion you will become fried chicken on a hot summer afternoon.
    @ Constipationnow Yea he did not manage some of the crazy Effect combos but he did kill some Elites actully, And thats way i wounder way i have problems with normal monster when my gear is better then his
    my stats are 57k hp,19k dmg,400-500 ress and 10k armor with buffs,700 life on hit,20% block and im doing pretty fine.atm farming 5 stacks NV belial .what u need is more hp,some life on hit and you will be fineish:D
    Edit: ah and my build http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WSTVPk!VbU!acbcZc
    wrath of the berserk with dmg buff,earthquake and some good attack speed with life on hit will make you really hard to kill,not to mention the revenge and charge skills which helps you out a lot. for the passive i use relentless atm cuz 50%dmg reduction makes a differnce when fighting elites.just try it ,believe me its the most underrated passive of all times:D
    @ Ugfanatic I will try^^ I have tried many diffrent things so one more or less wont hurt to test =D

Btw what LoH and Dmg shall the wepaon have to be usefull?
    And shall i try get one with LoH and increased atk speed?
    Quote from Unrated1992

@ Ugfanatic I will try^^ I have tried many diffrent things so one more or less wont hurt to test =D

Btw what LoH and Dmg shall the wepaon have to be usefull?
    And shall i try get one with LoH and increased atk speed?

im using a 900dps 1H weapon with 700 LoH, and atk speed on 2 rings,amulet and gloves. with frenzy LoH goes crazy:D

btw check out kripparian on twitch.tv or on youtube. gives rly good tips about gearing and playing a barb,u can learn a lot from him,like gearing or builds etc
    @ Ugfanatic Ok i thanks for the help =) Will check him asfast i have farmed Gold to buy myself a weapon with LoH =D
    Quote from Plocer

Quote from Scrim

Please stop. All Barbarians that have killed Inferno Diablo focus on getting block percentage as well as Vit and All ressist. Life on Hit is amazing, but many Barbarians, including the guy who did the "1 million challenge" have killed Inferno Diablo without it. This guy wants to progress and not get 1 hit. The reason he is getting 1 hit is because he has no block. He isn't blocking attacks. You can get a 70 all ressist + 9 block, + 23 block 1200 armor blue shield for like 250k on the AH. That will do more for him then 300 life on hit will in act 2. Nobody is saying not to get it.

You also obviously didn't read what I wrote. As I told him to get more block percentage, ressist and VIT.
    I will test what you guys said and see who have right and who is wrong =D
    But im happy even if someone here have wrong and another right, Just that someone did actully answer make me happy^^
    Get a fickrig 25+% Block shield with 1k+ Amor and 3-4k Block value ,
    800 all resis,
    35+k Life,
    9k amor

If you dont have loh, u simple can Not kill all Champions
    ingame contact: realhoffi#2304
    Working at it =D 1k all resistance now, 42k hp like 7k armor still hard to find a "good" Weapon and shield for a fair price and not like those 5million for a shit item ^^
    I dropped Sword n board for act II due to the lacking of DPS and the insane cost of a high dps LoH 1 hand. I used a 1200 DPS 2H'er and cleaned act 2 in just under 2 hours.
    You still got that sword? And maybe not useing it and can let me buy it?
    Ok, Im going crazy, Sure i dont have a dam LoH weapon and i tested with a 13% shield and a 30% one....No diffrent i still die.

My Stats now are this https://www.dropbox.com/s/javvik7enb0wegt/Screenshot091.jpg

And im normaly going with a monk friend so i have over 1k in all
    Actually, watching a few barb videos, your dmg isnt all bad. i shall eat my previous words and re gear my Barb and try and get my ass out of act 1!
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes