Need help starting ACT 2 Inferno

Okay, i've been farming Act 1 for about 2,5 weeks now and so far I got 1 upgrade, which is my bracers. I did get 3 items from some friends, and I used my gold from farming to buy some upgrades. End result, this is what my current status is right now:

http://www.computerf..._fred_stats.png

This is with Warcry and enchantress buffs. What do I need to do to further improve my gear, because i'm just lost. Also, as you can see I don't have a lot of gold, so suggesting to buy some legendaries is.... well lol. :P

Build i'm using: http://eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WSPVkR!bVe!acZccZ

Thanks in advance.
    Ok, let's take a look at your stats first.

Your armor seems really low for being fully buffed. You should be at least at 8.5k with those two buffs in my opinion. Your damage is also quite low. Your resistances on the other hand look really good. At the time I progressed through act 2 I had much less, like 450-500. Your life should be just fine for the moment.

Now to your build. It looks quite fine for me, I'm using most of the skills/runes myself.

I's hard to say what you should aim for next. Obviously, a better weapon would help a lot. Dead monsters deal no damage. :-) All in all I think your defensive stats should be sufficient for clearing act 2. In what situations exactly do you have your problems?

Edit: You should also try to get some items with life on hit, I am currently trying to increase that stat and I really regret for not doing so much earlier.
    Usually to me it seems that i just drop to quickly without having sufficient time for revenge procs.

The weapon thing is just what's really bugging me. I really have no clue how to pull that one off. The high DPS weapons are really expensive, or I go for a blue weapon with like no extra stats but high dps, but that means I sacrifice my current weapons stats which is 110 str, 115 vit and 115 int. It's only got 497 DPS though...

I've been hearing a lot about block % and block amount, but it seems that those things only appear on the really expensive items, or again only as a single stat without the combination of decent vit. (Or you are able to spend 13 mill on 1 item ofc.)

But my armor is a go to first then? In order to get this i'll have to start sacrificing somewhere though, what would be the best choice? Because every single item i carry has got VIT and RES ALL. And vit obviously is part of my armor, and i read about needing to have about 800 res all for act 2.
    Well, it's kinda hard to aim for armor specifically, but I suggest to be aware of the armor of an item you look at in the auction house. I would just say increasing your vit is the best and most reasonable way to do it.

Block is really a nice stat, but the items to get a high block percentage are really expensive (a decent Stormshield, Helm of Command, Lantern of Justice that is). You don't need those items to get through act 2. You should prioritize getting life on hit for now in my opinion.
    What's the best way to go for LoH? Weapon with socket and already LoH on hit by default I suppose. What's a value I should aim for?
    Definitely get more armor, life on hit is actually a wonder stat (I have around 600 currently, its godlike) and one can never have enough resistances, even thou you have enough to progress. If you are going the life on hit way, +%attack speed and fast weapon is a very nice thing to have too. Your HP looks good. If you want to be more safe, get around 50k, as revenge and charge heals based on % of total health. That is if you want to progress the safe but costly tank way.

There are other builds, like the ranged barbarian focused on insane DPS and high crit rate., but I don't like the playstyle.
    Your damage could be higher. Keep searching for a nice one-hander with Life on Hit. I found a good 630.6 DPS one with 615 LoH for 50k. Resists look fine. Stats I like to aim for are (in no particular order) Strength, Vitality, Life oh Hit, Life Regeneration, and All Resists.

If you stack those you'll be indestructible. Sure it might take a while to kill elite packs, but you won't die if you play smart.

Another thing to consider is being able to mitigate enough damage, while having enough health so that the 5% back from Revenge is greater than what you're being hit for. Say you're getting hit for 1.8k, you'll want more than 36k health so your Revenge heals for more than that. That combined with Life Regen and Life on Hit greatly increases your longevity.

Also, personally I like the stun rune for Revenge. Sure it doesn't work on bosses, but it makes stunlocking a single target a breeze, which can really help to lower the damage you take. Sidearm is also very good. I also like Triumph sometimes.

Another personal thing: Ignorance is Bliss for Ignore Pain is excellent for Health Regen combined with the aformentioned LoH and Life Regen.
    Quote from Sn0x0r

What's the best way to go for LoH? Weapon with socket and already LoH on hit by default I suppose. What's a value I should aim for?

That depends on speed, around 500-600 for act II I think (might be less, it all depends on speed, mitigation etc)... 1000+ for Act III and farther,but it really depends. A solis one-hander with LoH and socket is wonderful, but kinda rare and not cheap.
    Quote from aldrek

I found a good 630.6 DPS one with 615 LoH for 50k. Resists look fine.

You got really lucky then. If i check the AH now i'm not gonna find anything even near that for that price.... haha.
    Quote from Sn0x0r

Quote from aldrek

I found a good 630.6 DPS one with 615 LoH for 50k. Resists look fine.

You got really lucky then. If i check the AH now i'm not gonna find anything even near that for that price.... haha.
    Yeah, it was a real lucky find for me. I bought it without thinking about it. But keep looking. I'm sure some sucker nice person will post a decent item for cheap eventually.
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes