NIGHTMARE barb gameplay

How do/did you beat diablo on nightmare solo?

I didn't beat it solo, we did with 4 player party and still failed 3 times in a row. I guess what you need is follower and then a lot of defensive abilities and passives. Take all defensive passives and for skills, ignore pain, threatening shout, war cry, revenge.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.
    Right now i'm at the start of act 3 in Nightmare with this build (been having it for the whole of nightmare). Just leap in, stomp, shout, then rend and hammer away what's left of it, usually most mobs are almost dead by then. Ofc revenge when it procs, it's awesome especially on big packs.

Been switching hammer for frenzy on bosses. Dmg is awesome and survivability is better as packs get bigger, problems appear on small elite packs, revenge doesn't cut it anymore to keep you alive as well, so some kiting/potting helps.

Would be a great idea if people would tell about stat priorities on gear too... right now i'm kind of confused on what is better, I've been running with sword and board for the whole Nightmare until now, without the shield survivability's kinda problematic since my gear is mostly dmg gear.

Would love to hear people's opinion about balancing Nightmare and Hell stats on leveling gear, since going all the way dmg definitely does not seem a good idea.
    Here is my nightmare solo build.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#aeXYkV!dYU!ZaaZbY

Lot's of CC, damage and healing.

Why does everyone ignore Revenge? That skill is so overpowered and has saved me so many times. It becomes active quite a bit.
    http://us.battle.net...XYkV!dYU!ZaaZbY

The build is terrible, how the hell do you even manage?
    Constructive critique:

You use Ground Stomp with Wrenching Smash, yet you knock them back with Revenge, instead of using Revenge with Vengeance is Mine?!?
    Why use Relentless as passive if you're already trying to heal & stack armor, beating the point of going below that 20% HP?!

Here's my ACT 1 Nightmare build, considering 2 x Mighty Weapons equipped, level 37 and 721 DPS with the Battle Rage on.

http://us.battle.net...XQVi!bVZ!bbaZaa

LE:
    - STR + VIT stack all the way
    - 7400 HP
    - No Auction House, just Blacksmith ( dumped all my fortune in this useless bastard, but he sometimes delivers gracefully with some sick items. )
    Quote from NecroButcher

http://us.battle.net...XYkV!dYU!ZaaZbY

The build is terrible, how the hell do you even manage?

You use Ground Stomp with Wrenching Smash, yet you knock them back with Revenge, instead of using Revenge with Vengeance is Mine?!?
    Why use Relentless as passiveif you're already trying to heal & stack armor, beating the point of going below that 20% HP?!

Here's my ACT 1 normal build, considering 2 x Mighty Weapons equipped, level 37 and 721 DPS with the Battle Rage on.

http://us.battle.net...XQVi!bVZ!bbaZaa

Leap in, ground stomp, walk back and seismic slam them, run back in and bash some, revenge and pick the rest off with whatever is available. Works perfectly.

Relentless, eh, it's good for kiting with siesmic slam in bad situations. I switch between relentless and a few others, but I meant to have ruthless in this build.

This build is not terrible at all. It actually works extremely well against elites, rares and champions.

Using WW just gets you killed fast against them.

I don't expect you to try it, although it's very good, but it works perfect for me and I never die. It's both an offensive and defensive build. I've tried all these on here, but most are terrible boring.
    Youarefired, you are fired :kitty: .

Revenge with healing is A BEAST when paired up with Iron Leap. I just jump and start spamming Revenge on cooldown, with Rend in-between and the 8% HP/monster healing is sick. It crits like mad, due to Battle Rage and Overpower. Try this, altough a 2-Handler provides maximum efficiency for this.
    Furious Charge with Merciless Assault and a hard hitting 2hander is still perfectly viable and borderline OP in late NM. Not to mention retardedly fun.

I don't know, I've found NM to be a breeze so far mostly, I only ever die when I do something stupid. Just stack vitality and don't be afraid of the AH, you can find some real bargains there.
    I fixed my build by changing out bash with frenzy, and it's so much easier now. I use Frenzy with the blade rune, Seismic Slam with the increased dmg and knockback on my mouse buttons. Leap with iron impact, Revenge with the increased heal, ground stomp, and war cry with the increased health and regen.

I was getting trucked before using WW, but now I'm able to stay in the fights with minimal kiting.

I am stacking str and vit, and using a pretty decent rare 2h. Some of the rare items I'm equipping now have resists on it too, so it's been helping against the random affixes.
    EDIT: A4 Hell DONE with this build. Now infernal

52k hp, 16k dps... and i can't kill any elites on infernal. ANY. Did all the way to cementary.

Im at A3 Hell soloing it. I wont lie, there are some packs i have to repeat like 3-4 times to kill... But A2 Bali was breeezee...

Im at 4,6k dps right now with 30k hp and 64% dmg reduction from armro + abour 30-40% from Resistances and im doin well DW.

My build that im stomping them with?

Before i'll link it, a word for all you guys from NH going to hell solo. DONT EVEN THINK ABOUT UBER DPS. Barb is not for that. He can do decent damage but not burst! Wanna 30k crits? Go and pull wizz. Barb is not for this. He is here to SUISTANE and rock'n'roll.

http://us.battle.net...RkPi!beY!aabaZa

I did A2 Hell on this without ANY problem. Fast and clear
    EDIT: i changed one passive to +25% dmg when furry is full. 5,5k dps and A3 part 1 cleared without dying

lvl 58, almost a3 done, 38k hp, 6k dps same build. Sometimes i change passives for elites

EDIT: A4 Hell now ;) Azmodaan was EASY as hell :P

Edit: Izual down ;)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes