PvE 2H Barb Build

http://eu.battle.net...SViP!ZYg!YYccaZ

Well, something to add to that:

Cleave / Broad Sweep:
    Not sure if this rune suits perfect, need to play around that in terms of fury gain (mb I will starve ^^)

WW / Wind Shear:
    You will gain tons of fury from that rune, so you'll benefit (but still need to try it out, mb Volcanic Eruption will be the best choice)

Furious Charge / Dreadnought:
    Well, I'm not sure if I'm missing smth, because noone has it in his build, but imho its kind of crazy life reg going on here? You hit 10 mobs - you gain 80% life? Well need to check the range on that though..
    Can imagine using Overpower / Revel here, same effect but I will most probably lack mobility then... As I mentioned before and will mention in the future, some things must be checked out and played with, to say for sure :)
    We can expect slow progress in inferno, so you could throw an argument like - we can ignore mobility, but imho you'll still need to kill that summoner, hiding at the back of a pack, so still - imho mobility will be viable (WW used as a mobility, need to test the speed and to make sure you won't 1hit in the middle of 10 mobs)

Revenge / Provocation:
    It'll procc great after using WW cause you get hit alot and you benefit from dmg/heal ennormous!

Battle Rage / Marauder's Rage:
    Dmg and crit for sure :)

WOTB / Insanity:
    Ah, here it's getting hairy :) Well, great singledps improvement, hardcore dmg for large packs, for sure cd sucks, BOB-K is not worth taking a passive slot imho, but well.. Boss fights, Champions fights, gigantous packs.. Kinda "oh shit need mass dmg" button.. Need to test it though!
    But if you use it "wisely", then you'll have it up every time you encounter a Champions pack, and there you'll need it, due lacking singledps skills (seismic slam, hota, bash stuff like that)

Passives:

Weapons Master:
    Depends on weapons because mb I won't starve (fury) so there will be no reason to use it combined with a mighty weapon etc. Then it'll be switched with Nerves of Steel.
    Some1 knows if using WW your armor gets 0?

Ruthless:
    Well crit... Crit dmg... I love crits, thats why I will be heading for that passive, but could be worthless without "overpower", time will show.

Brawler:
    I think I don't need to explain that, but check this thread out:
    http://www.diablofan...ds-in-the-game/
    mb smth usefull regarding range ingame, would kind of "kill" brawler, well need to test it out though :D
    In the moment you use WW, you'll pretty sure benefit from Brawler but 8y. seems to be extremly close >.> Hope Brawler will be displayed somewhere as an icon, so you can monitor it beeing active or not.

Would like to hear your feedback :)
    Mess with the best, die like the rest

I'm by no means an expert on the barbarian, but wouldn't it be more effective to replace cleave with a single target dps spell? All your other dps spells are AoE-dps and you've even runed WW to last longer vs many mobs. As I see it, you've got the AoE bit covered. Why not implement bash/cleave instead of cleave? ;)
    Quote from Sumsarr

I'm by no means an expert on the barbarian, but wouldn't it be more effective to replace cleave with a single target dps spell? All your other dps spells are AoE-dps and you've even runed WW to last longer vs many mobs. As I see it, you've got the AoE bit covered. Why not implement bash/cleave instead of cleave? ;)

Bash/frenzy you mean?
    Well, Bash with the Onlsaught rune would be the only choice for me, that would bring up to 194% dmg.
    Cleave (with Broad Sweep) has 156% dmg, close to that. Think about what you've seen in the beta, what you've seen in the vids, there are almost everytime more then 1 mob attacking you.. Think about the Champion packs, always several! When you hit 2/3 mobs simultaneously you'll outperform Bash.

For Bosses (we still don't know if "single" bosses prevail or there will be always adds running around) Bash would perform better, but I think it's also manageable with cleave..

My concern is, Inferno - 10/12 mobs, I WW into that pack and get 1hitted :)

Quote from Kelderoth

WW / Wind Shear:
    You will gain tons of fury from that rune, so you'll benefit (but still need to try it out, mb Volcanic Eruption will be the best choice)

The tooltip suggests that you only get 1 fury per enemy hit, not 1 fury per strike. Meaning that if you engage in a pack of 10 monsters and hit them 50 times, you will only get 10 fury. Or do you have a source that states otherwise ? B)
    Quote from leltsu

Quote from Kelderoth

WW / Wind Shear:

The tooltip suggests that you only get 1 fury per enemy hit, not 1 fury per strike. Meaning that if you engage in a pack of 10 monsters and hit them 50 times, you will only get 10 fury. Or do you have a source that states otherwise ? B)

For every enemy struck, imho it means for every single hit (depends on APS, read somewhere that you hit every 0,4) you land you get 1 fury.. Otherwise it would be the worst of all runes? =) But as I mentioned before, you need to try some skills/runes combinations out first..

Quote from Kelderoth

Quote from leltsu

Quote from Kelderoth

WW / Wind Shear:

For every enemy struck, imho it means for every single hit (depends on APS, read somewhere that you hit every 0,4) you land you get 1 fury.. Otherwise it would be the worst of all runes? =) But as I mentioned before, you need to try some skills/runes combinations out first..

Yes I totally agree, I don't have any intel on this matter and I just want to bring creative criticism to the table. It would just seem overpowered if you could reach the same amount of whirlwinds (continuous) with one rune as you did with dual-leech rings back in D2..
    Seems like a fun build but it's really unclear how well it will hold up in Inferno. You aren't using any real defensive abilities except for the Dreadnought rune for the Furious Charge, so you'll have to dish out awesome amounts of damage to survive some of the tougher packs. I'm probably gonna choose Leap with Iron Impact for my 2h build instead, but will try something like this as well. Oh the awesomeness of diversity :)
    "Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the small death that brings total obliteration."
    Quote from EleSaturate

Seems like a fun build but it's really unclear how well it will hold up in Inferno. You aren't using any real defensive abilities except for the Dreadnought rune for the Furious Charge, so you'll have to dish out awesome amounts of damage to survive some of the tougher packs. I'm probably gonna choose Leap with Iron Impact for my 2h build instead, but will try something like this as well. Oh the awesomeness of diversity :)

Revenge / Provocation
    Furious Charge / Dreadnought

imho this are defensiv abilities, and well they both push my life reg ennourmous.. As I also wrote maybe Overpower + Revel for Furious Charge, but then I lack mobility. 2 Defensive abilities are fine imho... But still, mb not enough in Inferno and then Warcry will be added, Brawler replaced with Nerves of Steel and gogo :)

Quote from leltsu

Quote from Kelderoth

Quote from leltsu

Quote from Kelderoth

WW / Wind Shear:

Yes I totally agree, I don't have any intel on this matter and I just want to bring creative criticism to the table. It would just seem overpowered if you could reach the same amount of whirlwinds (continuous) with one rune as you did with dual-leech rings back in D2..

Well won't happen, you spend 16 fury for WW, somewhere I read it should last 2seconds, in 2 seconds you won't buildup like 32 fury to constantly spam it..

Edit:
    1 hit - 1 fury, if you would hit like 32 times with each of hits dealing 110% dmg in 2seconds :) Nah, not worth talking about^^

Quote from Kelderoth

Revenge / Provocation

imho this are defensiv abilities, and well they both push my life reg ennourmous.. As I also wrote maybe Overpower + Revel for Furious Charge, but then I lack mobility. 2 Defensive abilities are fine imho... But still, mb not enough in Inferno and then Warcry will be added, Brawler replaced with Nerves of Steel and gogo :)

Still, Furious Charge is on a cooldown and you aren't always going to be in a perfect situation to catch as many mobs with it as possible. And Revenge is procc dependant, no matter the rune. I think that flat armor buff or damage reduction shout do more in terms of defense then life stealing abilities, especially the ones that are not avaiable at any given time, and will also be preferred in co-op play. Not saying the build won't be viable, because it most surely will and I would love to play as something as offensive as this. :)
    "Fear is the mind killer. Fear is the small death that brings total obliteration."
    Quote from EleSaturate

Quote from Kelderoth

Revenge / Provocation

Still, Furious Charge is on a cooldown and you aren't always going to be in a perfect situation to catch as many mobs with it as possible. And Revenge is procc dependant, no matter the rune. I think that flat armor buff or damage reduction shout do more in terms of defense then life stealing abilities, especially the ones that are not avaiable at any given time, and will also be preferred in co-op play. Not saying the build won't be viable, because it most surely will and I would love to play as something as offensive as this. :)

Well yes, co-op aspect is not smth what I am looking for in this build. War Cry is a must for coop (my opinion).
    Well, thats why there 2 possibilities in this build, change furious charge to overpower with revel, so I can control my life reg. The other one ist, we need to test the range of furious charge.. It could be really OP If you get a great range, then you'll hit always many mobs and gain life. But! The range could be so low, that it just won't be as powerfull as overpower could become..

Thats the point, it's hard to speculate now because many skills could turn out beeing "crap".
    For example Inferno would hit so hard, that it would be impossible (without high end gear) to WW your way through mobs, cause they kind of instant kill you :) Then such build just won't be viable in Inferno and won't stand a chance without proper, high end equipment..

But well, I have time and like playing around with the skill calc :)

Provocation isn't really worth it in my eyes. It procs often enough as it is, especially with its short but still relevant, internal cooldown.
    ­
    Quote from Riesza

Provocation isn't really worth it in my eyes. It procs often enough as it is, especially with its short but still relevant, internal cooldown.

What is the internal cooldown? It is not stated anywhere
    Quote from leltsu

Quote from Riesza

What is the internal cooldown? It is not stated anywhere
    Did you play the beta? You can notice it there. It's nothing major, (maybe 1-2sec) but it's still there and I would say it's long enough for the rune to be obsolete.
    ­
    Yeah in the beta revenge procs pretty frequently, I don't think the rune is needed for it
    Quote from Riesza

This is really interesting, so you mean using WW for example will guarantee you Revenge proccs without rune?
    I mean, I don't know, it's a hard decision because improvement bei 15% is a big deal! But well, if it turns out that it's not necessary, just because you will get enough proccs due it's native 15% you could exchange Provocation with Best Served Cold and that rune is really mighty :)

What are your thoughts regarding brawler and it's range? 8 yards seems to be quite low range?
    For sure it sounds good, mb bosses will have adds aswell (like "pre" baal, where the packs were harder than baal himself) so it's a good passive, but if the range is THAT low, I doubt you let yourself beeing hit all too much (except for WW)

Quote from Kelderoth

Quote from Riesza

This is really interesting, so you mean using WW for example will guarantee you Revenge proccs without rune?
    I mean, I don't know, it's a hard decision because improvement bei 15% is a big deal! But well, if it turns out that it's not necessary, just because you will get enough proccs due it's native 15% you could exchange Provocation with Best Served Cold and that rune is really mighty :)

What are your thoughts regarding brawler and it's range? 8 yards seems to be quite low range?
    For sure it sounds good, mb bosses will have adds aswell (like "pre" baal, where the packs were harder than baal himself) so it's a good passive, but if the range is THAT low, I doubt you let yourself beeing hit all too much (except for WW)
    Well yeah I think that just generally 15% is enough. Most of the time you will be surrounded by multiple enemies which will make revenge proc often enough.

Regarding revenge in general I still hope they change either it or Overpower because of how similar they are, even the runes are almost the same.

Brawler seems to be one of the not so many actual damage increasing passives and 30% is quite a lot so I'll see how it goes regarding the range and how many enemies at once you usually fight later on.
    ­
    Quote from Riesza

Quote from Kelderoth

Quote from Riesza

Well yeah I think that just generally 15% is enough. Most of the time you will be surrounded by multiple enemies which will make revenge proc often enough.

Regarding revenge in general I still hope they change either it or Overpower because of how similar they are, even the runes are almost the same.

Brawler seems to be one of the not so many actual damage increasing passives and 30% is quite a lot so I'll see how it goes regarding the range and how many enemies at once you usually fight later on.

Well yes, Revenge will be rethought! It was a no brainer for me though, need that skill as often as possible..
    However, I think If revenge really works that way you stated, so it procs so often that you don't need provocation - that would be great!

We will se how brawler works out, cause I'm kind of unsure if it will be that great - 8 yards seems to be really low range... So consequently: WW will for sure profit from brawler, but will the reamining skills aswell?? I doubt it, but hope I'm wrong :)

http://eu.battle.net/d3/de/calculator/barbarian#bhkViR!ZYb!YYaZab

Thought about this one in group, what do you think?

The idea is, warcry with armor bonus, passiv "nerves of steel" armor bonus so I survive ww..
    Ignore pain activate on low hp and WW your way through..

Cleave with broad sweep, champions are always in a group, that means cleave will nuke them all, imho more dmg than bash? But well, bossfights (valor buff intended) will be hard time... So need to figure out if the bosses are really that tougher than champion packs :))

Quote from Kelderoth

http://eu.battle.net...kViR!ZYb!YYaZab

Thought about this one in group, what do you think?

The idea is, warcry with armor bonus, passiv "nerves of steel" armor bonus so I survive ww..
    Ignore pain activate on low hp and WW your way through..

Cleave with broad sweep, champions are always in a group, that means cleave will nuke them all, imho more dmg than bash? But well, bossfights (valor buff intended) will be hard time... So need to figure out if the bosses are really that tougher than champion packs :))

thats pretty much what i was gonna roll and switch between bash and cleave and w/e i needed more single target/cc
    Kelderoth, 8 yards feels like hug range! :)

For group play with high enough crit, I would rather go with Overpower. Guess it depends on the size of the group as well.
    A build without leap/charge? I'm not sure I would enjoy that!

I'll most likely make a build similar to this one when I make my second barbarian.
    Black Swordsman
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes