Which weapons will you use?

Poll: Which weapon type will you use?

Which weapon will you use?

Which weapon type will you use? - Single Choice

• Too early for me to decide/tell 19%
  • I will be using both types 33.3%
  • Two-handed 27.6%
  • One-handed 20%

Poll: Out of the one-handed combos - Which will you likely use?

Out of the one-handed combos - Which will you likely use? - Multiple Choice

• Too early for me to decide/tell 16.2% of Users - 17 votes
  • Going with two-handers 26.7% of Users - 28 votes
  • A mix of weapons for dual wielding 14.3% of Users - 15 votes
  • A mix of weapons+shield 13.3% of Users - 14 votes
  • Mighty Weapon + Shield 12.4% of Users - 13 votes
  • Dual Wielding Mighty Weapons 21.9% of Users - 23 votes
  • Axe+Shield 13.3% of Users - 14 votes
  • Dual Wielding Axes 14.3% of Users - 15 votes
  • Mace+Shield 4.8% of Users - 5 votes
  • Dual Wielding Maces 4.8% of Users - 5 votes
  • Spear+Shield 5.7% of Users - 6 votes
  • Dual Wielding Spears 1.9% of Users - 2 votes
  • Sword + Shield 11.4% of Users - 12 votes
  • Dual Wielding Swords 6.7% of Users - 7 votes
  • Dagger + Shield 2.9% of Users - 3 votes
  • Dual Wielding Daggers 2.9% of Users - 3 votes

Poll: Out of the two-handed weapons - Which will you likely use?

Out of the two-handed weapons - Which will you likely use? - Multiple Choice

• Too early for me to decide/tell 19% of Users - 20 votes
  • Going with one-handers 9.5% of Users - 10 votes
  • A mix of two-handers 17.1% of Users - 18 votes
  • Mighty Weapon 45.7% of Users - 48 votes
  • Sword 14.3% of Users - 15 votes
  • Polearm 4.8% of Users - 5 votes
  • Mace 13.3% of Users - 14 votes
  • Axe 23.8% of Users - 25 votes
    Quote from DenkaSaeba25

Quote from howhigh7

Everything is cool.. but where is 1h crossbow ? and dual 1h crossbow?

This is the barbarian forum.

sry didn't notice that ^^
    spear and shield for me! THIS IS SANCTUARY!
    Looks like I'm in the extreme minority using 2H Swords.
    My place really was here. I was too foolish and stubborn to notice. But, what I truly hoped for then was here. Why do I always realize it When I've already lost it.
    highest damage 2h weapon out there... attackspeed is nothing for me or my build! only need HUGE damage
    Game Designer - Micro Design
    maybe i´ll have to adjust my skills + playstyle to the items i find^^
    I will probably go with 2 handers, i enjoy them more in the beta and i will probably end up being a WW barb.
    I plan on using Mighty Weapons.
    Grandfather two-handed sword legendary shizzle ofc
    Hammers and Axes, nothing else will satisfy my brutality!. If I use a 1 hander I will likly also use a shield, but 1-hand vs 2-hand depends on build
    If that made sense to you, Bravo! I think I even confused myself...
    Possibly a mighty weapon 2 hand sword or dual axes.
    I think I will go tank, therefore I guess mighty+shield :)
    Could everybody in this topic that has previously voted please come back and answer the survey in the first post? It will provide us with charts that are much easier to read.
    Quote from Red_Panda

Quote from Solmyr77

Oh, I think, there was a blue post stating sth like every attack uses your "onehand"-slot. But you're right, ingame I can produce very different damage numbers between a 15.6 and a 6.3 dps weapon dual wiedling both at once. edit: too tired, I believe you for now and think about it tomorrow :)
    Seems to be better than I thought it was.

He never said every.

He said most.

Getting back to this for a moment. Dual Wield is in a really sad state imo. You can actually decrease your damage output going from 1h to DW(if the offhand is significantly weaker than the mainhand). That should just not be the case.
    Quote from Solmyr77

Quote from Red_Panda

Quote from Solmyr77

Oh, I think, there was a blue post stating sth like every attack uses your "onehand"-slot. But you're right, ingame I can produce very different damage numbers between a 15.6 and a 6.3 dps weapon dual wiedling both at once. edit: too tired, I believe you for now and think about it tomorrow :)

He never said every.

He said most.

Getting back to this for a moment. Dual Wield is in a really sad state imo. You can actually decrease your damage output going from 1h to DW(if the offhand is significantly weaker than the mainhand). That should just not be the case.

I disagree. That SHOULD be the case. What would be the point of dual wielding if swinging your off-hand that did terrible damage didn't actually do the damage of your off-hand? IT would be completely pointless.

Dual wielding is far from a sad state. It is in a very viable and balanced state. All 3 forms of weaponry are extremely viable due to this.
    Mighty ones will be my weapon of choice, at least as long as they work with aoe and weapon master passive for massive fury gains. More fury = more sprinting between monster groups :o
    I will use anything depending on the drops.Weapon type doesn't matter,DPS does,but since I will use Weapon master most likely they will be axes or swords.

But I will go for a mix between dual wield and mighty(2h weapons).Will see how it goes.
    "Rudimentary creatures of blood and flesh. You touch my mind, fumbling in ignorance, incapable of understanding.There is a realm of existence so far beyond your own you cannot even imagine it.I am beyond your comprehension."
    Quote from Red_Panda

Quote from Solmyr77

Quote from Red_Panda

Quote from Solmyr77

He never said every.

He said most.

I disagree. That SHOULD be the case. What would be the point of dual wielding if swinging your off-hand that did terrible damage didn't actually do the damage of your off-hand? IT would be completely pointless.

Dual wielding is far from a sad state. It is in a very viable and balanced state. All 3 forms of weaponry are extremely viable due to this.

Eh.. no! Not at all. I mean, if you already swing a hammer and use your left hand for nothing, then adding even the tieniest of needles into this left hand should increase your damage. But this is not the case.
    I never said, this needle should do the same damage as the hammer, no way, but it shouldn't decrease damage, that's never been in any DW implementation I am aware of. You'd do less damage than that sword & board pala next to you. Ridiculous :)
    Quote from Solmyr77

Quote from Red_Panda

Quote from Solmyr77

Quote from Red_Panda

Quote from Solmyr77

He never said every.

He said most.

Eh.. no! Not at all. I mean, if you already swing a hammer and use your left hand for nothing, then adding even the tieniest of needles into this left hand should increase your damage. But this is not the case.
    I never said, this needle should do the same damage as the hammer, no way, but it shouldn't decrease damage, that's never been in any DW implementation I am aware of. You'd do less damage than that sword & board pala next to you. Ridiculous :)

It's not at all ridiculous. A tiny needle WOULDN'T increase your damage.

You're forgetting that dual wielding automatically gets a bonus 15% attack speed. It swings faster than sword and board - period. Therefore it does more damage. I believe it should decrease your damage. If you have a nerfbat in your off-hand and a chainsaw in your main-hand, you SHOULD swing for your off-hand damage when you use your off-hand.

It's like that in like every other game I've ever played. When you swing with your Off-hand, it does your off-hand damage.
    I'll be going with 2-handed Mighty weapons! :3
    Quote from Red_Panda

You're forgetting that dual wielding automatically gets a bonus 15% attack speed. It swings faster than sword and board - period. Therefore it does more damage. I believe it should decrease your damage.

No, I'm actually aware of the speed bonus. I'm a little confused about your opinion switching from one phrase to another, but whatever.
    Let's try a little calculation. So your mainhand weapon does x dps. If you use it alone with no offhand, you do x dps. If you equip a shield, you may even do a little more depending on it's stats. Now if you equip a second weapon with y dps, your x dps are gone and -simply put- morphed into (x+y)/2 * 1.15.
    So, if x = y, you gain 15% damage. But if y
    So, to put it a little extreme: DW is only viable, if you have your one, big, amazing weapon twice. Odds are, your best two weapons at any given point will vary in dps.
    As a result, the offhand plays an important role, which is good, but this role is called "mirror the mainhand or drag you down". Still don't like this :)

edit: tl/dr version:
    Equipping an offhand does not equal a bonus in this game because it reduces the output of your mainhand, which it shouldn't. Never ever :)
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes