Patch 14 - Barbarian

Skill changes:

War Cry: nerfed again (but we got 30% passive reduction, which kinda changes back to 50% :D)

Threatening Shout: now is a generator! Great news! They also buffed Grim Harvest rune to 15%. Definitely buffed.

Ground Stomp: now deals 1% Weapon damage (i suppose to destroy barrels or stuff)

Hammer of the Ancient: increased crit % lowered to only 5%. I like this skill even less, at the moment.

Ignore Pain: increased duration to 5 seconds (7 with runes, which means a 25% uptime)...

Earthquake: again 250% weapon damage per second.

Leap Attack: now it's called just leap, and it got a huge buff, also slowing monsters in the target area. WOW!

Weapon Throw: nerfed again to 120% weapon damage

Rend: overall buffed, especially on the leech side

Whirlwind: buffed by 10%,

Revenge: buffed again to 6% life per enemy hit. Vengeance is mine effect buffed to 10% life.

Overpower: ability is changed again. Now, each time you crit, you have a chance to lower the CD by 1 second. The damage was nerfed by 95% too: now it deals 165% weapon damage.

Passives:

Nerves of steel back to 100% vitality to armor

Overall the changes are quite substantial, especially to Weapon throw, War Cry and overpower. It seems that every class has been toned down (the wizard, especially), but we got also some nice buffs.
    Quote from DenkaSaeba25

Threatening Shout: now is a generator! Great news! They also buffed Grim Harvest rune to 15%. Definitely buffed.

Great news ? LMAO. Cooldown 15s ! Demoralize became useless. This is the worst nerf ever.

Hammer of the Ancient: increased crit % lowered to only 5%. I like this skill even less, at the moment.

Sucks. Sucks. Sucks. It sucks.

Overpower: ability is changed again. Now, each time you crit, you have a chance to lower the CD by 1 second. The damage was nerfed by 95% too: now it deals 165% weapon damage.

I hope they mistyped it, and that it lowers the CD TO 1s. If not ---> utter nonsense.
    I still believe barbarians got buffed up, which is good for the barbarian lovers! I'll probably partner up with one since I'm going to roll Wizard =)
    ahhh barb got a pretty nasty nerf, DH got buffed out of control.. i understand they werent up to par with some of the other classes in the past, but even patch 13 made DH worth playing again.. now, my god everything they have gets buffed to 200% + and even 400%+ sure i havent played the full game and dont know what it'll be like but wow im sure those huge buffs arent finally gunna make DH on par with every class, imo it'll make that class OP compared to the rest.. slowly but surely the barb will become useless.
    All for One, and One for None
    Quote from Bajheera

DH got buffed out of control..

lolwut
    "once the pretty hardcore gamers we had testing inferno found it fairly difficult, we then we doubled it" -trolololol jay wilson
    Quote from GladHeHasBeta

lolwut

wut
    Quote from Bajheera

Quote from GladHeHasBeta

lolwut

wut

he was also nerfed. cough*
    "once the pretty hardcore gamers we had testing inferno found it fairly difficult, we then we doubled it" -trolololol jay wilson
    Quote from GladHeHasBeta

Quote from Bajheera

Quote from GladHeHasBeta

lolwut

wut

he was also insanely buffed... we could go on and on here, but i dont see what you're trying to address.. i never said the class wasnt nerfed i just stated many skills got buffed to a greater extent then other skills being nerfed lol.. so enlighten me
    Quote from Bajheera

Quote from GladHeHasBeta

Quote from Bajheera

Quote from GladHeHasBeta

lolwut

wut

he was also insanely buffed... we could go on and on here, but i dont see what you're trying to address.. i never said the class wasnt nerfed i just stated many skills got buffed to a greater extent then other skills being nerfed lol.. so enlighten me

say what? im looking on the front page and i see nothing but nerfs to the DH skills.....? *confusion*. so your saying he was nerfed less then the other classes therefor hes been buffed? his rocket passive was cut in half and a lot of skills nerfed by a bit. the only large nerfs in P14 id say was arcane orb, which was needed
    Quote from GladHeHasBeta

say what? im looking on the front page and i see nothing but nerfs to the DH skills.....? *confusion*. so your saying he was nerfed less then the other classes therefor hes been buffed? his rocket passive was cut in half and a lot of skills nerfed by a bit. the only large nerfs in P14 id say was arcane orb, which was needed

... hmm well i guess spike trap wasnt a buff then, im saying he was buffed, you're saying but he was nerfed.... but that's irrelevant cuz i never said anything about the class not being nerfed, the topic is about barb.. i touched upon the DH cuz the class got a big buff.. and the barb got a bunch of nerfs(ill also say he got some buffs so you dont get confused) so lemme know when the paradox is over
    Quote from Bajheera

Quote from GladHeHasBeta

... hmm well i guess spike trap wasnt a buff then, im saying he was buffed, you're saying but he was nerfed.... but that's irrelevant cuz i never said anything about the class not being nerfed, the topic is about barb.. i touched upon the DH cuz the class got a big buff.. and the barb got a bunch of nerfs(ill also say he got some buffs so you dont get confused) so lemme know when the paradox is over

it wasnt a buff because the skill turned from a generator into a spender. if the dmg stayed the same it would of been useless, now its an expensive hatred spender. so again i say, no he didnt.
    Quote from GladHeHasBeta

it wasnt a buff because the skill turned from a generator into a spender. if the dmg stayed the same it would of been useless, now its an expensive hatred spender. so again i say, no he didnt.

lmaoo, its still a buff, cuz it cost literally nothing to gain hatred back... and the damage is amost doubled, so again i say he did
    Quote from Bajheera

Quote from GladHeHasBeta

lmaoo, its still a buff, cuz it cost literally nothing to gain hatred back... and the damage is amost doubled, so again i say he did

lol wtf kind of logic is that? ONE skill completely changing its mechanic doesnt constitute a buff or a nerf. and much much more then one of his other skills got nerfed, some very hard. so overall a big nerf to the DH. so no, still not buffed, lulz
    Instead of arguing here which is stronger go play the damn patch 14 for both the barb and the DH u will see DH's DPS is top notch with rapid fire and some nice gears
    Quote from SaikoPsycho

Instead of arguing here which is stronger go play the damn patch 14 for both the barb and the DH u will see DH's DPS is top notch with rapid fire and some nice gears

were arguing about what patch 14 brought to the classes. hes saying the DH got a buff when it was the opposite, because nothing but 1 skill changing its mechanics points towards a "buff" but 10 other skills got nerfed, so OBVIOUSLY the DH got a nerf in p14. some people are just very slow
    Quote from GladHeHasBeta

lol wtf kind of logic is that? ONE skill completely changing its mechanic doesnt constitute a buff or a nerf. and much much more then one of his other skills got nerfed, some very hard. so overall a big nerf to the DH. so no, still not buffed, lulz

lmaoo ohh sorry that's soo outlandish, i agreed there were nerfs but i believe there are buffs.. and Saiko there isnt an argument i just say there the class was buffed as well as nerfed Gladhehasbeta. btw your point doesnt get proven by insulting someone elses intelligence, which this topic has nothing to do with, i believe it was a buff you think the class got nerfed all together, i think he got nerfed and there was a buff, rather than being an ignorent douche you could accept that its an opinion
    Quote from Bajheera

Quote from GladHeHasBeta

lmaoo ohh sorry that's soo outlandish, i agreed there were nerfs but i believe there are buffs.. and Saiko there isnt an argument i just say there the class was buffed as well as nerfed Gladhehasbeta. btw your point doesnt get proven by insulting someone elses intelligence, which this topic has nothing to do with, i believe it was a buff you think the class got nerfed all together, i think he got nerfed and there was a buff, rather than being an ignorent douche you could accept that its an opinion

its not an opinion. he was nerfed because he was nerfed. if he was buffed, he would've been buffed. lmfao. :facepalm: . changing mechanics /= buff.
    iight
    Quote from speedloader1
    Great news ? LMAO. Cooldown 15s ! Demoralize became useless. This is the worst nerf ever.

No, i don't agree. It's not something you actually need to spam. It just need to stay there during boss/champion fights, and hopefully those will last more than 15 seconds.
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#aZXdRU!ZYX!aZbaZZ

look at this build +50% critical hit chance for hammer of the ancients

now nerf overpower and Hammer

-10% crit hit chance because of overpower nerf... wtf ?! -95% damage nerf and cooldown nerf

-10% crit hit chance because of hammer nerf ...

50%->30% crit hit chance; that's what i call of big nerf !
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes