2-hand weapons as 1-hand?

Fast, small question:

Is it possible for a Barbarian to use a 2-hand weapon as a 1-hand? Having 2x2-handweapons?

This was possible in D2, was it not?

Swedish Official Fansite www.Diablo3pvp.se

Not seen it possible in D3, no. It was just 2h swords in D2 anyhow, and aside from the increased range compared with one handers it was more or less the same DPS.
    not possible in d3..but it was possible in d2 . u just have mighty weapons in d3

i might settle for two 1h weapons with some IAS cus it benefits both weapons even if u just have one of two of ur weapons with IAS.

i compared few 1h and 2h weapons from beta and u can clearly see 1h are favoured

Official Blizzard Quote:

mmmmmyyy precious!
    - Jay Wilson
    In D2 it was possible to wield 2 handed weapons in 1 hand but they had their stats diminished.. It was that 2 handed swords had (Damage for 2 handed usage and damage for 1 handed usage)..

I dont think such thing will be possible in D3.

And about your statement korps3 about favouring 1-handers.. Keep in mind also the matter of cooldowns.. For example if you have barbarian Earthquake skill. that deals DoT of % weapon dmg.. Using it with a 2-hander is better than with 2x 1handers.
    Demon Hunter DPS calculator - http://www.diablofan...dps-calculator/
    It'd be nice for blizzard to just keep it like the diablo 2 weapons. 1 handers were able to be dual weilded, 2 handers (with the exceptions of 2 handed swords) can only be held with both hands.
    I mean don't get me wrong it would be cool to see a barbarian dual weilding 2 huge maces but it unfortunately it would look sillier than it would look cool.
    1 handers should be kept as 1 handers with dual weild capabilites, as well as 2 handed swords. And 2 handers should be...well what their names portray them to be, 2 handers!
    Bashiok - Blizzard Representative - 08/01/2011 -"So how many skill combinations are there now? Well taking into account 6 active skills, all the rune combinations, and 3 passives we currently expect each class to have roughly 2,285,814,795,264 different build combinations."

"Hey, I thought you'd like the witty irony of grub-on-glowie violence!"
    As a point of exactness, only 2handed swords were capable of being dual wielded in Diablo II. WoW expanded that to all 2handers minus polearms via Titan's grip. Unfortunately none of that is possible in Diablo III. I too was dissapointed by that knowledge :\
    Quote from Dretar

And about your statement korps3 about favouring 1-handers.. Keep in mind also the matter of cooldowns.. For example if you have barbarian Earthquake skill. that deals DoT of % weapon dmg.. Using it with a 2-hander is better than with 2x 1handers.

ok but u wont base ur gameplay on earthquake that has enormous cooldown, u will base ur gameplay on fury gainers - and they do need attack speed (attack speeds are really low on 2 handers), ofc u can socket every fury gainer with +xx fury gain rune stone but still..u will be slow as hell.

u can always have items with + attack speed but its a waste imo

Official Blizzard Quote:

mmmmmyyy precious!
    - Jay Wilson
    Don't take weapon stats too seriously at the moment. For exemple 1h crossbows ALONE are stronger then bows, when you dual wield it the DPs is almost two times greater. It's completly unbalanced atm.
    "In time the hissing of her sanity
    Faded out her voice and soiled her name
    And like marked pages in a diary
    Everything seemed clean that is unstained
    The incoherent talk of ordinary days
    Why would we really need to live?
    Decide what is clear and what's within a haze
    What you should take and what to give" - Opeth
    Quote from italofoca

Don't take weapon stats too seriously at the moment. For exemple 1h crossbows ALONE are stronger then bows, when you dual wield it the DPs is almost two times greater. It's completly unbalanced atm.

Yeah, mostly that. I think that a 2h weapon will have at least 2.2-2.3x DPS of a similar level 1h weapon. This is to balance the extra 15% IAS you get when dual wielding.
    Thank you.

My question has bin answered. :)

Swedish Official Fansite www.Diablo3pvp.se

So far. No. But its quite a good idea i wont lie, other than the baba looks like he hits hard enough already without having the advantage of being able to hit even harder with 2 2handed weps. But this could well be worked with yes.
    We have seen no information on it at all. Since wielding 2handed items in 1hand isnt something that happens in every game but an extra feature of Diablo 2, I think they would have anounced it if they were in Diablo 3 aswell. So I am going with no, no 2 times 2 handed in Diablo 3.
    So , the abilities like bash (145% weapon dmg) hits with both weapons when dualwielding 1handers ? with no offhand-penalties ?
    Quote from Artemuc

So , the abilities like bash (145% weapon dmg) hits with both weapons when dualwielding 1handers ? with no offhand-penalties ?

No. All abilities hits with the main hand or the off hand weapon one at the time. There are not off hand penalties.
    is there a aspd penalty for non barb classes dual wielding? if no, there should be imho
  • To post a comment, please or register a new account.
Posts Quoted:
Clear All Quotes